Aussie Forum

Started by Sled56, March 10, 2005, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

Quote from: "grazza"Aussie guys help.  Are there any differences between L300 front ends, or is my problem normal?  I have P76 rotors on HQ stubs fitted to mine and the left side rotor is sitting on the leading edge of the lower control arm, just kissing it, but the right side has about 3-4mm clearance.  I thought the problem may have been in the adapter, but when I swapped rotors/stubs side for side the problem remained.  Front end came from wreckers [don't they all], appears to be a Starwagon type [bolt though lower controlarm], but has L300 balljoints. Upper control arm is lowered 25mm as required.  Anyone heard of this before?

Grazza...Is the rotor centred in the caliper?. That would be the clue. The P76 rotors need to have a spacer ring to centre it. If its off to one side or the other, then there's a problem. The early L300 IFS had smaller ball joints as well so they aren't all the same. If it has the lower control arm has a plain bolt instead of a plate/bolt, then it's the early model. Do not dispare if you've used the early X member. The later control arms will bolt up to it.
See Ya
Pep

grazza

Pep, thanxs for the advice.  I haven't bolted the calipers on yet, never even thought of that check.DOH.  Yes my front end is the early model, but someone has beaten me to changing the lower control arm as mine has the later ball joints fitted.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

Anonymous

You Ozzie Boys are so Nice. Thank you Klassik for helpng me with my Avatar.

Holly.

Carps

Quote from: "glocab"I am going to look a rods not to dissus the politic`s off the ASRF.

And I'm not going so you may do that in peace without me venting my spleen.

Quotei joined ASRF because it is a help to get a rod rego in QLD.
It is also first and foremost a political organisation.  Thus discussing the politics of hot rodding as applied by the ASRF management is a very real and critical elelemt of our hobby.  To ignore this and simply allow the directors to run your hobby as they see fit without any input from yourself, is to allow others to totally control your hobby, which may not always be in your best interests.  

I wish everybody (bar one or two, whom I hope get their just deserts) attending the ASRF Nationals ahappy easter and hope you all have the best time doing what we all love.  

Down this end of the Island, we'll be having an even better time at Calder Park.  :wink:[/i]
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

ram-rod

Crikey klassik you get all the good jobs imagine zipping up that leather suit
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)

Anonymous

Ram-Rod, That is not a nice thing to say about Klassik.
Simply because he helped a Lady.
Holly.

Lithgow-Mick

Quote from: "Holly Carter"You Ozzie Boys are so Nice. Thank you Klassik for helpng me with my Avatar.

Holly.
Now I coulda helped ya with that.  :wink:
The zipper that is.  :shock:  :shock:
If its not a Flattie
Then it wouldn,t pull a Sailor
Off Ya Sister

ram-rod

That reminds me I've been meaning to get him to do an avatar for me
but I don't think I will fit into that leather suit somehow.  maybe I should settle for some dodge brothers wings rolling a on a set of convo's
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)

Anonymous

[/quote]
[/quote]

Steady Now. LOL. Just how did the subject of a zipper get into this topic LOL. Just because Klassik helped me with my avatar LOL.

Holly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ram-rod"That reminds me I've been meaning to get him to do an avatar for me
but I don't think I will fit into that leather suit somehow.  maybe I should settle for some dodge brothers wings rolling a on a set of convo's

Ram-Rod I am sure he will help you if you ask nicely. but then I had to  :wink: LOL. Well just because my avatar is drawn that way. LOL.

Holly.

Lithgow-Mick

Quote from: "Holly Carter"Steady Now. LOL. Just how did the subject of a zipper get into this topic LOL. Just because Klassik helped me with my avatar LOL.
Holly.
Sorry, tiz my sick aussie sence of humour.  :wink:
Now about that zippa.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If its not a Flattie
Then it wouldn,t pull a Sailor
Off Ya Sister

klassik

Quote from: "Holly Carter"You Ozzie Boys are so Nice. Thank you Klassik for helpng me with my Avatar.

Holly.
You are welcome Holly,
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

klassik

Quote from: "ram-rod"That reminds me I've been meaning to get him to do an avatar for me

Do you have a good pic of the wings?Convos should be easy to find a pic of, I would b happy to make an avatar for ya mate.
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

Dolly

Quote from: "Lithgow-Mick"

Holly.

Careful Mick, at your age someting like that could "put you on the trailer".   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dolly"
Careful Mick, at your age someting like that could "put you on the trailer".   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thanks Dolly us Gals have to stick together and the way these boys keep talking about my zipper I may just end up taking that Sex Symbol title away from you LOL.  :lol:

Yes Careful Mick no trailer rides OK. LOL.

Holly.