Aussie Forum

Started by Sled56, March 10, 2005, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grazza

Mike I have put the word out about the Mexican who is coming up to the Bay to live.  Apparently he hasn't arrived yet, but one of our guys knew the dent thingy franchise had been sold.  Anyhow we are now looking out for him and he will be sent away on sight, thats 'cause us HRI ref's are an unsocial lot hey  8)
I luv this Spellcheck  thingey noq I cin write thyngs and look like I'm a egucated block whu can spel, how com we did not hav one at HRI?
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

grazza

Aussie guys help.  Are there any differences between L300 front ends, or is my problem normal?  I have P76 rotors on HQ stubs fitted to mine and the left side rotor is sitting on the leading edge of the lower control arm, just kissing it, but the right side has about 3-4mm clearance.  I thought the problem may have been in the adapter, but when I swapped rotors/stubs side for side the problem remained.  Front end came from wreckers [don't they all], appears to be a Starwagon type [bolt though lower controlarm], but has L300 balljoints. Upper control arm is lowered 25mm as required.  Anyone heard of this before?
Graeme

38HAULR

That clearance of 3-4mm looks to be a bit close,Grazza,someone should be able to assist, as plenty  of L300 setups have been done,tonight I will have a look at one I  originally set up with Falcon  stub axles/brakes for my 38Chev before I ditched it in favour of a Jag f/e........Frank.

Outback

Yeah, the cyclone was not a big problem, it blew heaps of trees down, very little property damage.  however I did evacuate my house.  I hear that Darwin ie. Franky fared well as the cyclone wasn't all that close in the end.

Outback
CR&C
Just another Refugee

Live for Something
or Die for Nothing!!

grazza

Outback, what are you doing there, shouldn't you be on your way somewhere else [like the Gold Coast] or have you decided to give it a miss.  What gives, a few of us are going to hook up on Sunday, non entrants with the entrants, if you gonna be there?
Graeme

grazza

Hey guys how can I be a Oztralian, like Dolly an 38Hauler an TJ's Dad an all them others?  I went an had a look at the usergroups and it said there was no more to be admitted to Ozzieland.  Am I to be caste out, to drift aimlessly though cyberspace until eternity?
Honest Guys I promise, truly and on my word of honour, to be a good boy, to be irrelevant to women, to be a beer guzzlin burpin' bloke who eats nothin' more than meat pies and prawns.
Either that or I'll promise, truly and on my word of honour, to be bad to the bone, respect all women, to sip white wine and only eat shrimp.
You choose, but please let me be an Ozztralian like you, please.
Graeme

Dolly

Quote from: "grazza"a few of us are going to hook up on Sunday, non entrants with the entrants, if you gonna be there?

Geez, i hope the NSW ASRF State Director doesn't get wind that his members are actually associating with "SCABS" not just in public, but at the ASRF's own event!   :shock:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

grazza

Now Dolly, play nice - you know what happened last time!
I'm am very interested to test the water at Parklands actually although     I'm guessing any wave action will have dissipated by Sunday though
But not to go, I believe would be a crime! :wink:  :lol:
Graeme

Carps

Quote from: "grazza"But not to go, I believe would be a crime! :wink:  :lol:

Not really, there's more to life than the ASRF Nat's.

I've made only one in the past ten years, that one because I had a good friend visiting from overseas, and one of his goals was to attend the Street Rod Nationals,   Considering all he has done for me over the years, breaking with my usual tadition was th least i could do for him.  That's what freinds do.  

My usual easter is spent traipsing across Victoria and into South Oz as we've raced 'The Easter Sprintcar Trail'  Racing starts Friday at Avalon, then Mt Gambier on Saturday and back to warnambool for Sunday.

This year, there'lll be no Sprintcar racing for me as I'll be unwinding after what's been a very hectic period of travel and long hours at work by actively participating in the Hot Rod Rumble at Calder Park.

To echo Chopper..... IT"S GUNNA BE HUGE!!!!!!
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

grazza

Carps, once again you are correct, but "But not to go I believe would be a CRIME", rhymed with, "Now Dolly play nice - you know what happened last TIME"  Its just that I couldn't get my golly machine to print it out the way I typed it. :oops:

There is more to life than the Nats, these will be only the second time I've been, the first was back in Cant- berra I think they were #7 or 8.  I'm going because, as I said back at HRI, I'm just back into the fold and am curious about the big world [plus interested in any HRI backlash if it happens]  Only going as a 'daytripper' - does that make me a SCA- [not quite a full scab?]

Never got to do the full Easter Trail, Darwin to Warnambool is a bit of a hike [Yea I know the Atkinsons do it, but they're rich].  Have been to Warnambool once though.  Best Sprintcar track in the World.  Bloody useless for the AMCA's but.  Never been to Mt Gambier, but I got my truck from there, it was the old World Series truck.  The only night I raced a Avalon they had just put down a new surface and totally stuffed it. To much water and we raced a lake ALL night long, but I was told normally it was a good track.  Northline [Darwin] is still the best surface I've raced on though.
Graeme

glocab

Carps as a  new member to  hotrodding i will be going to the national`s next weekend because it is only a hour drive from home.

I am going to look a rods not to dissus the politic`s off the ASRF.

i joined ASRF because it is a help to get a rod rego in QLD.

Grassa i will email you about meeting on Sunday.

Regards Barry.

Dolly

Quote from: "grazza"Carps, once again you are correct, but "But not to go I believe would be a CRIME", rhymed with, "Now Dolly play nice - you know what happened last TIME"  Its just that I couldn't get my golly machine to print it out the way I typed it. :oops:

Gee why pick on me??  I always play nice.   :wink:

QuoteThere is more to life than the Nats, these will be only the second time I've been, the first was back in Cant- berra I think they were #7 or 8.
Carps was heavily involved until first Albury Nats when he took his FJ instead of the hot rod and was told he could not participate.  The rest, is hoistory.

QuoteI'm going because, as I said back at HRI, I'm just back into the fold and am curious about the big world [plus interested in any HRI backlash if it happens]  Only going as a 'daytripper' - does that make me a SCA- [not quite a full scab?]
In my book, you're just another hot rodder, makes no difference if you are a member of that organisation, a local clubb or a lone wolf.  If it looks like a hot odder, smells like a hot rodder, acts like a hot rodder, then i always figured it's gotta be a hot rodder.

QuoteNever got to do the full Easter Trail, Darwin to Warnambool is a bit of a hike [Yea I know the Atkinsons do it, but they're rich].
How can they be rich and own a race car?  I did not know that was possible.

QuoteHave been to Warnambool once though.  Best Sprintcar track in the World.
Don't think too many people will argue that one.  Not as big as Knoxville Iowa, but evvery bit as fast and the racing is always good.

QuoteBloody useless for the AMCA's but.  Never been to Mt Gambier, but I got my truck from there, it was the old World Series truck.
'Borderline' is an excellent facility, however the track is very tight and passing is extremely difficult.  But that just makes for some very exciting and intense racing.

QuoteThe only night I raced a Avalon they had just put down a new surface and totally stuffed it. To much water and we raced a lake ALL night long, but I was told normally it was a good track.
Avalon is a lot like me.  When it's good it's very good, but when it's bad, it's total *!  :wink:

QuoteNorthline [Darwin] is still the best surface I've raced on though.
:wink:
There's never been any racing when carps is up that way, so he's never been and he won't take me there because he says the locals 'would not understand' whatever that means.   :roll:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

grazza

Quote from: "Dolly"[
Gee why pick on me??  I always play nice.   :wink:

O.K. Yea right.

Avalon is a lot like me.  When it's good it's very good, but when it's bad, it's total *!  :wink:

O.K.,now I'm confused, is it nice or *?  I know the difference between good girls and bad girls, but nice and *? :wink:

[he won't take me there because he says the locals 'would not understand' whatever that means.   :roll:

You're very lucky , its now place for the likes of you just ask Franky, he'll tell you. 8)
Graeme

grazza

OOPs, more training required :oops:
Graeme

TJ's Dad

Fatcat ... might be a good move if you let Grazza into the Aussie Section otherwise he'll drive customers away... we're used to his BS and take no notice so i'll vouch for him.
I've never met him or Lithgow Mick but they gotta be twins !!  They're both mad !!!
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.