What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Just for the record, it made 66 degrees here today. It will be short lived but sure is nice. :)
Over here at O&S, I have the dro mounted on the mill. I have to figure out a way to build hangers for the cables coming from the readers yet but the rest is completed.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I've been fighting off the flu.. I visited the docs office couple weeks ago.  Dealing with sinus - head cold type problems, coughing , hacking up stuff we all love.  Took my meds as requested.

Went to work last thursday not feeling my usual 90% , but we have all been there. Came home from work thursday quite sick. Spent friday thru sunday in bed or on the couch asleep when I was not hacking up parts of my lungs, fever, chills the whole routine.  May return to work tuesday
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

As I drove to work today the radio gave an extreme cold warning . Today's low with the windchill will be minus 51C . The temperature without wind is minus 41C . -51C is the equivalent of -60F . School busses are cancelled , parents are calling in to say they are not sending kids to school if they take public transit . Without a reliable vehicle I would not travel today .  :shock:

kb426

C.K. I have killed many snakes in my life. I'm having a difficult time imaging what that temp is like. Az. doesn't sound that bad at the moment. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"C.K. I have killed many snakes in my life. I'm having a difficult time imaging what that temp is like. Az. doesn't sound that bad at the moment. :)

Hey KB...I think what Chimp is trying to say is ,with that weather forecast, he needs to wear his winter coat ..... :roll:  8)  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

I know minus fifty would kill my snake for sure.  :shock:  

It was mid 70s here yesterday, rainy today. Pretty much open shop doors all week so far. Forecast calls for 14 tonight. Glad to be here. :!:
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Hey guys , it looks like our friends to the north have once again showed their ingenuity & good thinking ...  8)

It seems that their wall is complete ... :idea:  :idea:  8)

Bob... :wink:

Isn't that a moat for maybe a hunnert days a year?  :?

:?:  :idea:  :lol:  8)
Matt

chimp koose

we actually hit -53C today . the good part about that is that it will make the -25C for the rest of the month seem warm :lol:

lofat46

For the second time in a week I'm sitting in a VW dealer's customer waiting room to find out what's wrong with my wife's 2007 VW EOS convertible. Check engine light came on last week and they replaced a purge valve and the gas cap.  That lasted 80 miles until the check engine and gas cap warning light came back on yesterday.  Can't wait to hear what went wrong and how much this time. The EOS is a retractable hardtop conv, and neat to drive and fast. Has a 3.2 275 HP V6, but getting to the nickel and dime stage of it's life.

chimp koose

tonight I finally got back at the rollcage on my drag roadster and got it all fitted up . I have done no toy car work since just before Christmas . I need to get back on my T coupe!

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "lofat46"For the second time in a week I'm sitting in a VW dealer's customer waiting room to find out what's wrong with my wife's 2007 VW EOS convertible. Check engine light came on last week and they replaced a purge valve and the gas cap.  That lasted 80 miles until the check engine and gas cap warning light came back on yesterday.  Can't wait to hear what went wrong and how much this time. The EOS is a retractable hardtop conv, and neat to drive and fast. Has a 3.2 275 HP V6, but getting to the nickel and dime stage of it's life.

Hmm...Valentine's day is coming up soon...  Do they have a nice ,new RED one in stock :?:  :?: SURPRISE  :!:  :!:  :!:  8)  8)  );b(

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

lofat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "lofat46"For the second time in a week I'm sitting in a VW dealer's customer waiting room to find out what's wrong with my wife's 2007 VW EOS convertible. Check engine light came on last week and they replaced a purge valve and the gas cap.  That lasted 80 miles until the check engine and gas cap warning light came back on yesterday.  Can't wait to hear what went wrong and how much this time. The EOS is a retractable hardtop conv, and neat to drive and fast. Has a 3.2 275 HP V6, but getting to the nickel and dime stage of it's life.

Hmm...Valentine's day is coming up soon...  Do they have a nice ,new RED one in stock :?:  :?: SURPRISE  :!:  :!:  :!:  8)  8)  );b(

Bob.. :wink:

Fortunately she loves her little blue EOS and wants to keep it.  We bought it in 2010 with 17,000 miles on it and it now has 140,000. 60 miles round trip to work adds up.  She's down to working only 3 days a week and will be retiring in June so hopefully we can just use it for short warm weather cruising, when we're not in the '48 Ford.  :D   Because it's a V6 there's no room under the hood for a battery so there are two 6-volt Optima yellow tops wired in series behind the rear seat.  This car has the original batteries in it. 12 years old!  Unfortunately when it needs new ones the 6-volt the Optima yellow tops for this car are only available through VW at about $500.00 for the pair. Optima doesn't even list them anywhere.

58 Yeoman

We bought a new wood chipper yesterday. The old Craftsman that we bought used 8 or 9 years ago is difficult to take apart to unclog or sharpen the blades. The B&S engine starts and runs great though. You have to feed the small stuff into a hopper, and push the larger stuff through a square chute.

The new one has just one large chute for everything, and it's 'self-feeding', meaning I don't have to push. Just drop them in and it feeds them through. We've got more trees to take down...can't wait.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

spent some time on the t today . The area around the door hinges was cracked around the screws so i had to weld them a spot at a time and grind and repeat . They came out ok . Now I have to start bending the hinges to get the door fit I want . DS door fits nice at the reveal but just touches the door frame at the top front . PS door is 3/16 low at the reveal and 1/8 farther fwd than other side  ,and touches door frame at lower front . lots of fun ahead ! :roll:

WZ JUNK

I received the Fuel Tech 450 computer for the Anglia today.  I am impressed.  The wiring harness is more complete than I expected but there is still some connections I have to sort out.  The computer with its touch screen is that little black object forward and to the right of my shoe and within the wiring harness.  I do not have a lot of time to work on it this week, but I hope to sort it out soon.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH