What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Waiting for the truck to come with our new freezer. My wife called this morning to get an idea of a time frame, and the woman said anytime between 8am and 8pm. My wife asked "so we have to wait around all day for them to come?" Woman said no, that they will call us when they are at the home before us. Again, my wife asked, "so we still have to wait around all day?" Same answer, No, they will call you when they get to the home before you. Hmmm...let's see, is it 1:30 now, or half past 1?

Our electric company will come and get our old one and send us a check for $50. We did this before with an old refrigerator that was in the basement when we bought this place. Better than giving it away.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

No car stuff today. My wife and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary today. Lunch with friends , a trip to the jewelry store , and then out for supper with more friends . Tomorrow I work out an exhaust for a friends 110 inch harley.

kb426

C.K., congratulations on all but the jewelry store visit. I hope it wasn't too painful. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB if anyone deserves a reward its my lovely wife . On our first date I showed up with a truck and empty trailer , she helped me load  my 63 Acadian drag car on the trailer . That date lasted 11 hours ! Been a great time all of it the good and bad times .

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"KB if anyone deserves a reward its my lovely wife . On our first date I showed up with a truck and empty trailer , she helped me load  my 63 Acadian drag car on the trailer . That date lasted 11 hours ! Been a great time all of it the good and bad times .

Small world. On one of our first dates with my wife to be, I blew the trans on my 66 L79 Nova showing off for her. She was not impressed.

I hit the road today, drove to south Toledo to ship a transmission I just finished, the to north Toledo to pick up a batch of powder coated parts, then out to Sylvania to pick up a defective house AC compressor, and then to Perrysburg to drop the compressor off for warranty. 89 miles and never got more than 15 miles from home.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "chimp koose"KB if anyone deserves a reward its my lovely wife . On our first date I showed up with a truck and empty trailer , she helped me load  my 63 Acadian drag car on the trailer . That date lasted 11 hours ! Been a great time all of it the good and bad times .

Small world. On one of our first dates with my wife to be, I blew the trans on my 66 L79 Nova showing off for her. She was not impressed.

I hit the road today, drove to south Toledo to ship a transmission I just finished, the to north Toledo to pick up a batch of powder coated parts, then out to Sylvania to pick up a defective house AC compressor, and then to Perrysburg to drop the compressor off for warranty. 89 miles and never got more than 15 miles from home.

Frank, I drove through there Friday on my way to Raleigh, we go through Columbus, via Findlay, to avoid the Turnpike; is it my imagination or is the construction actually finally finshed on 75 around Toledo? 😮

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"

Frank, I drove through there Friday on my way to Raleigh, we go through Columbus, via Findlay, to avoid the Turnpike; is it my imagination or is the construction actually finally finshed on 75 around Toledo? 😮

They just moved to 475 on the west side. Two new exits and adding a third lane  for about 5 miles. projected end in 2021.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Here is what the cal trac inspired traction bars look like.  The first photo is the parts layed out on the shop floor and the other photo is the bars temporaryally installed on the truck.  Hopefully it won't be long before I try them out.  I have wanted to build some of these for years.  If they work like they are supposed to, I will build a set for the old truck.

The truck looks really short with the bed removed.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

^^^^^^
Looks like front end parts for the center bar. Is that correct?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^^
Looks like front end parts for the center bar. Is that correct?

It is the top link for a 3 point tractor hitch bought at Harbor Freight for about $20.  I was going to purchase them from a farm supply store but they were cheaper at HF and they were reviewed well when I research them.  My original plan was to purchase a right and left Heim joint and a prethreaded tube from a hot rod supply, but this assembly appears to be much stronger and a lot less money.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Quote from: "phat46"

They just moved to 475 on the west side. Two new exits and adding a third lane  for about 5 miles. projected end in 2021.

They were working on that stretch of 75 in 1995 when my daughter started at the University of Findlay, seems like they still were this past Oct.