What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Tony, I had to get new glasses so I could pass the eye test. At the eye doctor, when I tried on the new ones, I almost gave them back to the young person with the comment that I didn't like what I saw. :) I passed the test and am good for 4 more years.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, I had to get new glasses so I could pass the eye test. At the eye doctor, when I tried on the new ones, I almost gave them back to the young person with the comment that I didn't like what I saw. :) I passed the test and am good for 4 more years.

kool.

AZ requires you to renew your  drivers license when you turn 65 ... No eye test here for me , at least.  

The process did test my patience with the "trainee" taking care of the process.  It took 3 different people to figure out what the A** clown entered wrong & where..... to fix the problem so he could finish the process, then I could pay the taxes, then leave.  He had entered my motorcycle endorsement info on the wrong page which put the system into an error mode.

:evil:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I'm watching the Rodders Journal feed from the Grand National roadster show. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Installed a 11 inch brake kit from one of our noted hot rod parts suppliers.   Good kit and it contained everything needed.  I did find a flaw in one of the banjo bolts.  Look closely at the one on the left.  Cheng Chang forgot to center drill the bolt.  Imagine the greif this would have caused had I not caught this flaw.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

That was prolly from the "Leakproof" hardware kit .... :?  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

^^^^^^
LOL
All parts inspected all the time. The mode that most of us are in anymore. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Just before I cam out west we got the engine back into Shelby's Subaru. But it had a dead miss. I was leaving so I asked a guy I know to come over and check what the problem was. He diagnosed it as a bad injector. So I had the injectors and plugs replaced. It still missed. So I sent the car to a shop I trust to be checked out. It was a new short block with reconditioned heads that I assembled. I didn't think I made any mistakes, but you never know. They checked the compression 150 lbs on all cylinders. Checked the running compression, 25 lbs on the cylinder with the miss. They then checked valve springs, and valve lash, all correct. They called this morning to pick my brain, and I had nothing for them. I did suggest checking for something in that manifold runner, like a rag or a mouse nest.

when he was removing the throttle body boot to install the boroscope, the manifold moved. Shelby's husband had not tightened the intake manifold when he installed it. Tightened the manifold, and it purred like a kitten. It only took 10 hours to find it. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Installed a 11 inch brake kit from one of our noted hot rod parts suppliers.   Good kit and it contained everything needed.  I did find a flaw in one of the banjo bolts.  Look closely at the one on the left.  Cheng Chang forgot to center drill the bolt.  Imagine the greif this would have caused had I not caught this flaw.

John

That brake fluid fitting reminds me of a custom transmission tube I had the same problem with a few years ago.

Custom race powerglide with a lock up tork converter clutch.  The owner of Hughes had a new design steel tube machined up that threads into the transmission pump.  AN fitting threads on one end... other end was 1/16 inch pipe thread.  Problem was:  He did not have the vendor drill the hole in the tubes. He wanted to do that drilling.  2nd problem: Owner did not tell me this little item about the hole not being drilled.

i built the powerglide with new design parts.  On the transmission dyno:  no converter lock up... after a few minutes chypering on stuff, I notice there is no hole in the new design tube.  With no hole it is actually a steel rod I guess, not a tube.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Dad told me today that he ran a Kaiser Allstate distributor in his model A. I was taking pics of his ride pics from the 50s today and we saw details not seeable before, including plenty of baling wire. That was fun.  :D  I plan to enhance the images further. :wink:

Dad texted me today and I must correct my statement from the post quoted above. Pile my memory on top of his and we still run out of memory so its no wonder things don't compute.

Make that a distributor from a 1941 Willys Americar 441 Plainsman, that he used on his Model A rod. I am stoked that he is thinking about old cars while its winter and boring. Always good to debunk one's yarns periodically. It was an upgrade since it had a vacuum advance.

I have an issue going with the 455 which is the normal people equivalent of a sick kid, so when it warms up I have some poking around to do.  Coolant leak when cold, at the Pontiac intake usual leak spot up front. It got like a gallon low on coolant, which is way out of date also, but when I went to top off the rad, there was white froth on top of the coolant. It did not return after refill and drive but then it got cold. And leaked again. So yeah.

I have some good thread updates for you but am out of day now. Keep an ear to the ground. Remind me to post the pic of the Crosley Hotshot with flathead that Dad had. I bet that thing made good fun and noises. :)
Matt

phat46

I started a new painting a few gays ago. Today I finished the '50 Buick and got the '57 half done. This is less than half the painting, it will have eight Buicks total when finished. It's the largest painting I have attempted so far, 24" X 36"

chimp koose

My daughters 60 ford tractor was having trouble starting and running . Went out today and got it behaving better . Somehow #3 and #4 plug wires had got swapped around . Played with the carb a bit as well . Now its good to go for clearing snow .

chimp koose

Minus 46C here today with no wind  :shock: , that's -50.8 fahrenheight . Im staying inside today !

phat46

Quote from: "chimp koose"Minus 46C here today with no wind  :shock: , that's -50.8 fahrenheight . Im staying inside today !

Rochie

Geraldton Ontario was at -51.2* yesterday. Supposed to be colder tomorrow!  I'm staying' in!

kb426

The lowest I've ever exp. was 27 below f. That was one day. It got up to 13 above that afternoon. We seldom have more than single digit below temps. I don't have to work in them anymore. I did when I was young on the farm. I don't miss that at all. :)
TEAM SMART