What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

It sounds crazy guys .....The National Weather Service put a "forecast discussion " on their website to try to explain the forecast that they are sending out ....In today's discussion, they actually sound somewhat scared .....There is a possibility that a new STATE record will be set tonight ...( The old record is -37* F.)..They are actually talking about area's southwest of Rockford reaching
-40*F tonight ......That's just crazy......Our area is forecasted to hit -30* with 45 MPH wind & blowing snow . :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Think warm thoughts and please don't take risks with the dangerous cold and wind, gents. Keep laying low and it will pass. Hope things you need stay working and that you can stay fed and watered OK. Again, be safe and I'll continue to post stuff to pass a minute or two looking at.
Matt

phat46

Quote from: "Rochie"Geraldton Ontario was at -51.2* yesterday. Supposed to be colder tomorrow!  I'm staying' in!

I see they closed the 402 at Sarnia Monday into Tuesday. They were having white outs between Sarnia and London. My wife was supposed to take her sister, who lives in Sarnia, to a doctor in London....they cancelled.

58 Yeoman

I went to the VA today to have blood drawn, but I called first to make sure they were open. They were, but it was like a ghost town in there. Wish more days were like this. After the blood draw, the nurse told me that I had to talk with the clerk of my doctor. That clerk wasn't there, so I talked with the one next to his cubicle. Really nice guy. I asked if I could change doctors, and he said yes, and even gave me a form to fill out. My doctor has a one star rating, the doctor I'm transferring to has 4.5. He also told me that I can change audiologists. Hmmm...at a later date. Mine now is probably also one star.

We were going out to lunch, but many of the restaurants were closed because of the weather. Wimps, it's only -18*. We did find one though. Also not much traffic out there, which made it nice. Now I'm home in my warm house, and it's already up to -2* outside. Next Monday is supposed to be +51*.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Just a quik note:  it was 72*F  here today
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"Just a quik note:  it was 72*F  here today

Bob will be down soon to "hand deliver" the dozen snowballs you just ordered.  :lol:

:shock:  :idea:  :D
Matt

58 Yeoman

But it's a dry 72*, right, Tony?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Quote from: "Crosley"Just a quik note:  it was 72*F  here today

Bob will be down soon to "hand deliver" the dozen snowballs you just ordered.  :lol:

:shock:  :idea:  :D

At HIGH velocity...  :twisted:  :twisted:  :lol:

Bob..( It's 19* below right now ..On it way to NWS predicted  31* below for the night ) .... :roll:  :roll:  :shock:  :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"But it's a dry 72*, right, Tony?

Weather guessers say possible rain today (thursday)...

Keep in mind:  our gasoline prices are 40 - 50 cents higher.  On january 1 , 2019 there is a new tax on AZ license plates.  32 dollar increase for the year. We already pay a hefty rate on AZ vehicle license taxes. The politicians say it is a safety tax.  For law enforcement. Likely the money will be re-routed to other stuff:  like the liars always do with our taxes.

new proposed law introduced to raise the road taxes here. From 18 cents to 32 cents on gasoline, the first year. More increases over 3 yr period. Higher increase on diesel fuel.   These numbers are from memory, may be a bit off: high or low
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"But it's a dry 72*, right, Tony?

Weather guessers say possible rain today (thursday)...

Keep in mind:  our gasoline prices are 40 - 50 cents higher.  On january 1 , 2019 there is a new tax on AZ license plates.  32 dollar increase for the year. We already pay a hefty rate on AZ vehicle license taxes. The politicians say it is a safety tax.  For law enforcement. Likely the money will be re-routed to other stuff:  like the liars always do with our taxes.

new proposed law introduced to raise the road taxes here. From 18 cents to 32 cents on gasoline, the first year. More increases over 3 yr period. Higher increase on diesel fuel.   These numbers are from memory, may be a bit off: high or low

They are talking about 30% increase in fuel costs over the next  several months..higher for diesel.Carbon tax. Diesel has been 30% higher here for quite a while now. To me that was  a no brainer. Everyone and his dog buys a big diesel pickup. Now they have a captive audience..you think they are not going to put it to them :?:

phat46

Nearly finished this painting today, got some details to add, and a surprise along the bottom unfinished edge. I am fairly happy with it, more for the back and foreground than the subject. I have struggled with this since switching to acrylic paint.

kb426

It was 13 degrees this morning. It's 58 right now. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat46"Nearly finished this painting today, got some details to add, and a surprise along the bottom unfinished edge. I am fairly happy with it, more for the back and foreground than the subject. I have struggled with this since switching to acrylic paint.

LOOKS NEAT  :!:  :!:

Bob.. :wink:

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "phat46"Nearly finished this painting today, got some details to add, and a surprise along the bottom unfinished edge. I am fairly happy with it, more for the back and foreground than the subject. I have struggled with this since switching to acrylic paint.

LOOKS NEAT  :!:  :!:

Bob.. :wink:

x2  );b(
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Hey guys , it looks like our friends to the north have once again showed their ingenuity & good thinking ...  8)

It seems that their wall is complete ... :idea:  :idea:  8)

Bob... :wink: