What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I witnessed a fender bender on the way to work yesterday and it was my pleasure assisting the officer in sorting out what happened when he called later. :) Sable pulled out in front of Mercedes. Being who I am, that gave me a big enjoy. :D
Matt

kb426

I'm glad to see the last couple of posts have returned humor to us. I've spent hours making project videos on the 72. I'm not happy with what I've done but I'm out of ideas and ready to move on to the next thing. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I stopped into the pharmacy this evening and the lady behind the counter said "Shhh! Don't wake the sleeping pills!".

She apologized for her bad breath so to put her at ease, I said don't worry. I out-rank you.

Then at the eye doctor I fell into the the lens grinder and made a spectacle of myself. He said I see what you did there.

Alas... if you can see the handwriting on the wall, you're in the toilet.

As I age, I appreciate mountains more. They're not just funny, they're hill-areas.

:lol:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Speaking of retirement Tony, here's something you can buy and complete the refurbishment before your retirement next year. You could use this to move to your new location, though it may take a couple trips.

https://tinyurl.com/y4jvunfb

Hmmm.  Interesting.  Thanks Phil.  Last I saw this truck it was in the rough shape shown in the photo list.  Lot of work in that vehicle when built.  Some OK , some crude .....
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

mention of moving , cleaning, sorting stuff out... 2+ years ago:  I was selling on eBay my 2nd and 3rd sets of sockets, ratchets, extensions, snap ring pliers.  Sold all that I placed on eBay.  All that stuff was Snap On brand..

The past week:  I have been sorting, separating tools again.  I must down size from 5 large tool boxes down near 2 ...  A roll cab and a HF roll around mechanics box.

As example:  tonite I gathered up screw drivers. I have 6 Full sets of basic screw drivers : blade and Phillips. Also: The misc 25 to 30 screwdrivers. 3 sets of Torx screwdrivers.. plus 2 socket rails of Torx drivers. One tamper proof Torx, the other regular Torx.  Lots of Snap On tools, Craftsman tools in there.

End wrench sets.... basic 13 - 15 piece sets. 5 of those, plus the 30 or so misc pieces or the wrenches you cut apart for that special job.

Allen wrench sets, T handle sets: metric and US  and 2 good sized piles of misc allen end wrenches... plus a couple of socket rails of allen ends , metric and American ....... Where & when the H did I gather all of these?

This stuff is just at Home..  I have full sets of the same items at work.
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Hi Everybody .....I don't have anything worthwhile to add..... :roll:  I just wanted to get away from that 3666 post count ... :lol:  :lol:

Bob....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

BFS57

Hello;
When anything needs done (from the BOSS) I usually do it like our 2018 Jaguar F Pace. It had a previous owner in its computer, I got that taken care of, reset the computer, and then added her Bluetooth plus name in it and now Im trying to figure out how to download her complete music library (900 songs) into the hard drive in this car! (Car has a recordable hard drive)
Then next I have been "fiddling" and fiddling with the water feature we installed. First the pump had to be replaced with one that produces more flow, now too much flow, now not flowing enough, now needing adjusting! (ugh)
Then we had some local deer decide to invade our newly established rose bushes. That prompted me to "invent" something to handle that problem. The problem with that is I got an idea but don't know the source to get what I want to fix the problem, which would be a motion sensor hooked to a strobe light or a pre recorded sound of a dog barking!?
Have A Heart has a product called Deer Off which is these capsules of some kind of a blood product that triggers a run response in deer!? Had a couple nibblers but so far no real destruction!!
Too much of the before mentioned stuff to even think I had any time to work on or maintain cars!!!

Bruce

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"mention of moving , cleaning, sorting stuff out... 2+ years ago:  I was selling on eBay my 2nd and 3rd sets of sockets, ratchets, extensions, snap ring pliers.  Sold all that I placed on eBay.  All that stuff was Snap On brand..

The past week:  I have been sorting, separating tools again.  I must down size from 5 large tool boxes down near 2 ...  A roll cab and a HF roll around mechanics box.

As example:  tonite I gathered up screw drivers. I have 6 Full sets of basic screw drivers : blade and Phillips. Also: The misc 25 to 30 screwdrivers. 3 sets of Torx screwdrivers.. plus 2 socket rails of Torx drivers. One tamper proof Torx, the other regular Torx.  Lots of Snap On tools, Craftsman tools in there.

End wrench sets.... basic 13 - 15 piece sets. 5 of those, plus the 30 or so misc pieces or the wrenches you cut apart for that special job.

Allen wrench sets, T handle sets: metric and US  and 2 good sized piles of misc allen end wrenches... plus a couple of socket rails of allen ends , metric and American ....... Where & when the H did I gather all of these?

This stuff is just at Home..  I have full sets of the same items at work.

Makes you wonder where and when it all came from. I don't have nearly that volume, but last week I went up to my deer camp in the U.P. for some maintenance stuff. I brought two sets of tools with me and had a box of tools I was going to leave up there to make sure we always had some at camp. I brought a set of sockets, some screwdrivers, slip joint pliers an some wrenches. When I got to camp I found the sockets, two pair of slip joint pliers, the screwdrivers and wrenches we already had up there...🙄

kb426

I took a little trip today to the other side of Dodge City. This was a living estate sale preview. There was a lot of real rough stuff. I'm not mad enough at myself to get to involved in that. There was a few items that I will keep everybody from stealing. :) The auction is on saturday. I'll be gone but I can bid online before I leave. I have a day to think about how crazy I want to get. There is a little over 200 units plus trailer loads of misc. stuff. Plenty of old engines that might be rebuildable. There is a 37 Ford farm truck that has the best cab and hood I've ever seen. The bid is at $1700 on it. It would make a great pickup. :) This is the 3rd one of these I've walked through in the last couple of years. It's always interesting. There are several 67-72 Ford cabs there. They all have less rust than the one I just finished. :) It will be interesting to see the results when I get home on sunday.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat46"Makes you wonder where and when it all came from. I don't have nearly that volume, but last week I went up to my deer camp in the U.P. for some maintenance stuff. I brought two sets of tools with me and had a box of tools I was going to leave up there to make sure we always had some at camp. I brought a set of sockets, some screwdrivers, slip joint pliers an some wrenches. When I got to camp I found the sockets, two pair of slip joint pliers, the screwdrivers and wrenches we already had up there...🙄

yes sir.....  I started thinking.  :shock:  .. I have tools in the daily driver vehicles.  Not full major sets. The truck has a tool kit Craftsman in plastic fold open box I bought just for that truck.  Wifes car has some tools in it, not many.  1962 Falcon has one of those Craftsman  canvas tool bags you receive when you buy a cordless Drill kit...  that bag is full,, heavy.  Geeez

Goldwing has a few tools in it.. small stuff.  Tire puncture plug kit, some fuses.
Tony

enjenjo

I also have multiple sets of tools. There is a couple tool kits in the Marlin, one junk, and one good one. The junk one is for tool lending. :D  There is a tool bag in my van with an assortment of  wrenches, sockets, extensions, pliers, wire cutters that mostly gets used at the junkyard. I have two sets of end wrenches in my big tool box, and both of them have multiples of 1/2" 9/16", 3/4" 10mm, and 13mm. then I have another drawer full of misc. sockets, and a drawer of mixed wrenches. I also have a set of the very old high quality craftsman box end wrenches that don't get used much, but are hand me downs from my grandfather and dad. There are seven tool boxes with mechanic tools, one with carpenters tools, and two with machinist tools.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I just returned from another concert weekend. I checked on the auction results from the estate sale I checked on last week. I didn't buy anything. :) I thought I put enough in the proxy bid on 2 items but I wasn't as crazy as the onsite bidders. Life probably did me a favor again. LOL
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I got my welder fixed today, I had to replace the liner in the whip. $38 plus shipping. When I got the old one out, it was missing about 2 ft. of the  plastic sleeve, so it was defective when made. It works like a champ now, like new again.

chimp koose

Checked my molasses rust remover mix today . Working like a charm!

enjenjo

More garage clean up. I am throwing away a lot of stuff I have saved for years, particularly nuts and bolts. I never use used bolts unless I am doing a restoration, and I have dumped at least 20 three pound coffee cans of bolts into the scrap trailer, then threw the cans in too. I also converted the last light to LED, and added one more.