What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Crosley"I am sorta glad I will be moving next year.  Next place will have raw basic landscape.  Little to no yard work from me any longer.
Moving to your retirement property? Up by Flagstaff if I remember correctly?

Further east  towards Show Low AZ
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I have 14 more stakes to set and the forms are finished. I hauled 2 more loads of dirt again. :) I can see that more dirt needs to be removed. The exercise program continues. LOL
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Plenty of storms here today... rain , more rain... windy still.  People drive into the running water on the roads.. get stuck.  Usual TV news stuff.
Tony

58 Yeoman

The dash trim turned out okay, but the 3M tape on the backside didn't stick to the end curved pieces well enough. I sprayed the backs with adhesive, and that worked well. No more metalflake tape.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"The dash trim turned out okay, but the 3M tape on the backside didn't stick to the end curved pieces well enough. I sprayed the backs with adhesive, and that worked well. No more metalflake tape.

Metalflake all gone  :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :roll:  :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

Well Bob, not totally. If you look where the PRNDL would be, you can see a little bit left. I wasn't going to rip the whole dash apart to cover that. That piece didn't come with the kit, anywy.

Phil

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Well Bob, not totally. If you look where the PRNDL would be, you can see a little bit left. I wasn't going to rip the whole dash apart to cover that. That piece didn't come with the kit, anywy.

WHEW  :!:  :!:  :!:    Had both me AND Chimp worried for a second ..... :roll:  :roll:  :shock:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I'm still working in the yard. Today, the rear lower strut rod bushings arrived for the 72. There has been strange noises in the front end. :) The new bushings require the housings to be cut and the bushings rotated to work on the F100 conversion. You weld the housing back together and install. It's fairly simple after you see what's involved. The noises are gone. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I got to do a little work on the 460 for the Ranger today.  I will try to do some more tomorrow but I have some stuff to do around my yard that has been neglected.  Hopefully I can get the water pump installed and the distributor in place.  I will add the transmission over the weekend.  Once it is all assembled I will start fabricating the brackets for the power steering and alternator.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I got to do a little work on the 460 for the Ranger today.  I will try to do some more tomorrow but I have some stuff to do around my yard that has been neglected.  Hopefully I can get the water pump installed and the distributor in place.  I will add the transmission over the weekend.  Once it is all assembled I will start fabricating the brackets for the power steering and alternator.

John

Looks good John ...
Tony

enjenjo

I worked on the rear end straightening jig today. I got some heavy steel today to make the stands out of, and cut them out today. I still have to weld them up, but I am waiting on parts for the welder. The only thing I need now are some big Ubolts, 3 1/2" by 18" by 3/4", I can get them made in toledo for about $20 each.

After I ran out of things to do on that, I started fabricating a welder cart.  I have a small MIG welder, a TIG stick welder, and a Plasma cutter all on their own cart. So I am combining all of them on one cart. I can tack it up, But I am waiting for welder parts to finish welding it. The rest of the day was spent cleaning the shop.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Took some pics at the local show that goes with the bike rally here today. I just dumped the pics on top of this month's blog. They are right at the top and you can find it here:

http://chevroldsmobuiac.blogspot.com/2019/09/19sep.html

The 33 with a Camaro roof was there (but he left that off his sign). :wink:  :arrow:

Romped on all 3 GPs today, nuthin broketeded. :lol:  It was a good day. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Boy. This mandatory health insurance thing will make a criminal out of me yet. Still paying down the loan I got to cover last years suprise penalty and my insurer sent my monthly bill, due on the first, on the 27th. Its due in the first and I got it the day before that, postmarked the 27th. They probably do that so they can deny claims. At least the letter wasn't soggy. I think the USPS gets paid to cooperate. Making doing the right thing impossible so everyone pays fines. :(
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Hi...  The Snap On tool guy's assistant came in Monday. Spent about 2 minutes explaining to me what happened with the lost tools on his truck for 1 week.  Claims the day he forgot :  he came back to the shop to chat with me, but we were gone.  LOL

On the flip side:  there is a retirement lunch - party at work today. One of the owners is actually retiring. She is 73 yrs old I am told.  Lets just say it has been difficult for her to ''let go'' and fully retire.
Tony

58 Yeoman

Speaking of retirement Tony, here's something you can buy and complete the refurbishment before your retirement next year. You could use this to move to your new location, though it may take a couple trips.

https://tinyurl.com/y4jvunfb

Phil