What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

^^Same here, Frank.^^

I bought a tall drawer cabinet at an estate sale last week, and my wife and I have been consolidating about 20 plastic drawer cabs, plus other bench drawers and shelves for about a week. Just about done today. I have a farmer who takes my scrap metal, and he came by for a load yesterday, and today I already have two 5 gallon pails filled with worthless stuff. I also have a large box going to Habitat for Humanity ready.

Now that everything has a place, I will have to look to find the stuff. At least it's all in one place.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Working on the yard project again. I had to scrape ice from the windshield this morning. That's a sad day for me. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

speaking of scrap metal:

I have been hauling out a few loads here n there...  couple 203 t-cases tonite.. the 7.25 differential from the 1962 Falcon I took out of the car 17 yrs ago.

I added a few more items after the photo was taken.

Still sorting tools a little bit..  Kind of got burned out on that. I was going at a feverish pace a couple days last week and the weekend..  I had to walk away, take a break.

i have a few tools to place on eBay...  a Cast iron Corvair steering box...  

Swap Meets will be starting up here again. Stuff going to the swap meet will be a one way trip.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

It was cooler here today and dry.  I sandblast the front frame and components on the Ranger project and then I shot a quick coat of Rustoleum flat black on everything.  It looks a lot better and it will be cleaner and easier to work on than the old rusty metal.  Tomorrow I will continue fabricating the alternator and power steering pump brackets.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I had a friend bring over his 72 GMC long bed. There was a serious dent in the passenger bed side towards the bottom. 2 hours later, it looked good from 10 feet. :) He put new tires and wheels on it about 2 weeks ago. That made that dent look really bad. It's way better and everybody is happy.  I'm still removing dirt from the yard. Slow but progressing. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

saturday here.  oct 12 ... more shop cleaning.  Swap meet next wekend on the 20th.

Smoking meat day too. Burgers, couple steaks, ribs,  sausage here n there.   we smoke enough to last us about 2 weeks or so.  Fridge smells good when I do this.
Tony

enjenjo

Shop cleaning is done for now. The owner brought back the 54 Chevy truck for more work today. Partial rewire, move the fuel tank out of the cab, install a Jaguar front end, new steering column, new door seals, new rear springs, and a radio. That should keep me busy for a while. I still have a rear end to assemble, but that should be done soon.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I spent the last couple of days digging and hauling dirt from the yard. I'm tired of being this boring. I'm ready to go back to hot rods. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Got my blower motor working again, on the 69. Have some defrost now. Replaced switch. Fuse holder for the aux cooling fan spontaneously combusted, I don't know when. Not a trace of it to be found. But thats this year's problem. The fan switch went out last winter. :roll:

Necessity is the mother of my only motivation to work under a dash. :?
Matt

chimp koose

just got back from a weekend of dirt track stock car racing  . I rolled the car on sat night mechanics race , ended up right side up . d/s rubber went flat , both aired back up . As soon as the rollover stopped i was worried for my wife who was in the stands . The car got up into the back of another car today and took out the hood , fenders , rad and fan . Also bent up one of the forward bars . Final race of the season , now we have some work to do . Oh yeah , my ribs are pretty sore  :oops:

Crosley.In.AZ

Had my last visit with my PCP doctor this AM... he is retiring.  Nice chat.  I am in good shape for my age. BP very normal with no meds. You know the routine:  Need to exercise more, lose about 15 - 20 pounds.  Exercise more.

Although I need to see a hand doctor.  Trigger finger on RT hand.  My doctor warned me:  the injections usually show few results.  Surgery on the tendons.
Tony

enjenjo

After talking to the owner of this truck the list got longer. :D  Typical. I took care of some other things yesterday that I have been putting off to get the shop cleaned. I still have to go pick up a car this week, and move some parts into storage.

phat46

Finished this little painting today, the only piece of prepared board I could find was this 7" X 11 1/2" piece so I see it. No reference was used just the mind of a old car guy! 😄

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"Finished this little painting today, the only piece of prepared board I could find was this 7" X 11 1/2" piece so I see it. No reference was used just the mind of a old car guy! 😄

So which picture did you paint, the top one or the bottom one? If you did the bottom one, add a couple zeros to the number. :D

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "phat46"Finished this little painting today, the only piece of prepared board I could find was this 7" X 11 1/2" piece so I see it. No reference was used just the mind of a old car guy! 😄

So which picture did you paint, the top one or the bottom one? If you did the bottom one, add a couple zeros to the number. :D

Neat pic. I knew a guy that was making big money... only he was making it about an eighth of an inch too big. :lol:

Kneeslapper, ain't it :roll:   :?
Matt