What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quick  look at the Morris Firewall, wider view of the area ...  Shows the larger part of the firewall I need to build.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^
Are you going to color it? I like it. :) When you're ready to do one with one of my trucks, let me know. :)
Today was yard work all day. Most of it on the end of a shovel. T.B. has set in , again.

Never tried one in color, but have thought about it. This one needs some shading or something, it's too bland.

58 Yeoman

I removed the air intake grille and was able to reach the locknut with a box end wrench. Turned on the wipers and could turn the adjusting screw with my fingers to get rid of the squeaky noise on the low speed.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

Made some seal driver parts copied from a dodge tool for my son in law . Stamped his name into them along with the dodge part #. His stuff will not get mixed up with the shop's stuff . His will look prettier too ! :lol:

kb426

Just returned from a short trip to Colorado Springs. Concert and retrieval of a t5 trans. Good trip without incident. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Got my GTP running again with a compressor bypass pulley for now.  :)

Who has the team smart application forms?  :roll:
Matt

chimp koose

IDJ i dropped an engine and broke the crank snout off to join team smart . This better be good ,,,,, details , we need details  :lol:

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"IDJ i dropped an engine and broke the crank snout off to join team smart . This better be good ,,,,, details , we need details  :lol:

I pulled the snap ring groove off two A/C compressors' snouts because I didn't remove the ring. Long story but really no money lost, only screwed myself out of A/C. A light sneeze compared to a broken crank, I reckon.

As I get older I am figuring out that when friends or family are suffering / dying... I make mistakes. That was / is the case. Aunt's funeral is tomorrow and friend on life support can't get started breathing on her own again. They are trying again to kickstart that today. Brother broke his foot but won't see a doctor. Etc.
Matt

phat46

Built a new porch and steps for our deer camp in the U.P. The fiberglass ones that came with the trailer are disintegrating. This comes apart into three pieces and some boards for transport in a pickup. Got to replace the kitchen counter and sink too.  Got a dirtbike trip planned next week then hopefully, if I'm not broken, up to camp the week after. Deer season is close, getting excited.

idrivejunk

Those look like nice steps, phat. Your caricature is cool too, and same here... done them for others, never mine. :roll:

On the brighter side than last post... perhaps I'd have better chances applying for team calm or team happy.  :idea:  :lol:

Brother got a helper for work at least. Just got word my friend did start breathing and wake up.  :D

Get this... right after my Aunt B's interment, another will take place at the same cemetery and it is for recently identified remains from the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Amazing.  :shock:  

Even more so than my little stunts with the puller. :wink:  Starting to feel like myself. :) Glad its Friday even if its the 13th.
Matt

kb426

I've spent several hours in the last few weeks learning Forscan software to work on OBD2 Ford's. After getting into it, I became aware that it wasn't capable of programming the ecu. It can do many things, none of which I have on the 72 or 51. :) One of my goals was to remove warning lights from the instrument panel on the 72. Yesterday I decided I needed a different approach because Forscan wasn't the answer. I spent time this morning with the wiring diagram and service manual. The conclusion I arrived at was that there are 2 inputs to the instrument cluster for each warning light I wanted to remove. These are items that don't exist on the truck. I had cut the wires going to the cluster after I installed it and had lights on. That made no difference. The wiring diagram wasn't clear enough to determine what the feed from the device was supposed to do. The other feed is in the hs-can feed which is what feeds the OBD2 port under the dash for device plug ins. I found out that the device wire feed will ground out to put the light out. The air bag and fire suppression lights are now off. :) I'm not sure I can remove the abs light. I believe it's tied to the other brake warning lights. More research to follow. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB i have found a felt marker and a steady hand to be a great way to darken out those warning lights as my wiring and computer skills are lacking somewhat :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Killed 11 scorpions in the yards  this past week.... population is growing or I have been missing many of them.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Went to a local small cruise in, where the host supplied BBQ'd pork and other foods. About 30 cars showed up. Met up with some old friends and a couple new ones. Weather couldn't have been better. Took the 58 wagon today.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

I worked on the 72 this am. The abs-brake warning light is all that is left. It is controlled by the ecu through the hs-canbus. I think I'm dead in the water on that. After 12, I went to help my son take up the kitchen floor in his house. There was some water damage that needed repair. I spent about 4 hours down on my knees. That was enough for one day. Tomorrow will see the end of the repair and removal but I doubt that any new flooring will get laid. :)
TEAM SMART