1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Doug, that's really great to hear. :D
George

Charlie Chops 1940

That's a wonderful update Doug! Carry on with LIFE.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

idrivejunk

That is great news, Stude! :!:

That painting is cool. Maybe the reference shot was partly cloudy?

One of my friend ladies who has been recovering from colon cancer is back in the hospital with blockage. The other one keeps trying to have too much fun and getting really sick from it. She is the one who has beat five cancers and recently been taken off insulin. Then of course, my Aunt B died yesterday after a week of no food or drink. Pancreatic cancer. She was a neat lady. They all are stronger than a younger man would think.

My DD junk is still strewn across the garage floor and I'm in no hurry to join it but I must. :roll: Today if I can stand to.
Matt

WZ JUNK

I applied 30 gallons of asphalt sealer to the house driveway today with a brush.  In the hot sun.  That is absolutely the last time I will do that job.  My pocket book will do it next time.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I went to the Hooker ok car show yesterday. 214 cars. I met a man that was very creative with his car. He had a 65 Mustang with a FE series engine. he told me that the frame width dimension was the same from 66 to 67. He bolted in 67 shock towers and was able to use 67 engine mounts and the fe fit just like a 67. He had gone to the salvage yards and bought efi harness's and computers from 460 and 351 pickups from the 80's. He then drilled the 390 intake and screwed injector adapters into the ports. He used the throttle body adapter from the 460 and a 302 distributor modified for the fe. The plumbing was crude and the wiring wasn't very neat. I didn't get to hear it run but he did drive it in to the show. His fe was bored and stroked to 454. The 460 computer was well within it's range of operating the engine. I looked at his deal and said: nobody told him he couldn't do that. :) One more time the essence of hot rodding has appeared. Now, I'm going to go clean the 72. A whirlwind came through and filled the cab with farm. Dirt, leaves, gravel, just a little of everything. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I applied 30 gallons of asphalt sealer to the house driveway today with a brush.  In the hot sun.  That is absolutely the last time I will do that job.  My pocket book will do it next time.

John

John, we coated our driveway twice by ourselves since we moved here in 2008. About 90 gallons (18 cans). The second time we did it, it was late in the year, and the following year, most of it was gone. It had cost us $550. I got a refund on that and had a company come in and seal coat it for $500. Two or three years later, we had them do it again. This year it was due again, but the cracks and alligatoring was getting to be too much. We had it "oil and chipped" with tar and pea gravel for less than $5000. We're liking it much better than seal coating it every couple years.

There are a couple places where the gravel is a bit thick and not stuck yet, but I will shovel it up and use it for "patching" if it needs it in the future.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Fitted a couple pieces of tin to the 1962  Morris Minor firewall..  20ga on the left.  18ga on the right.  I will be using more 20 ga metal.  Way easier for me to work with.   Why 2 different gauge of metal?  I was testing the waters...

The u p on the metal is for up ... not U P like the area in Michigan.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Today was a yard work day. The bushes in my year are a bit overgrown. So between the bushes and the branches that have fallen out of the Maple trees, I managed to fill my trailer again, this is the third time, and I can see a couple more. Lots of trees and bushes in my yard.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

After doing car-toons for my friends and family, I finally did one for me! 😃

kb426

^^^^^
Are you going to color it? I like it. :) When you're ready to do one with one of my trucks, let me know. :)
Today was yard work all day. Most of it on the end of a shovel. T.B. has set in , again.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Looks good, Phat. I spent the day working on the 58 Chevy wiper motor. I took out the original that quit working altogether and tried to see why it wasn't running. Didn't feel like taking it apart, so I swapped the better gear from it into the other motor I got running a couple weeks ago. Had a squeak on low speed, but I was able to adjust it out. Put it in the car, then tested it. Runs fine on low and high, and parks when I shut off the switch. BUT...it started squeaking a bit on slow speed again.

I'm going to live with it, as I don't drive it much in the rain. The adjustment nut/screw is under the air intake grill, facing the backside of the firewall. Wonder who thought that one up? I suppose if it bothers me too much, I can drill a hole in the FW, then put in a plastic plug.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil