What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Sold my old Dodge truck today. I bought it new in 2002. I got ten percent of what I paid for it new. Only 109,500 miles on it. I would have kept it if it wasn't dissolving away. Kinda hated to see her go, it was a good truck.

kb426

It hit 99 degrees here with 20% humidity. One of my older friends stopped by about 2pm. He asked where my shade tree was? :) In a few days the weather will change and that will be the end of the heat until next year. Summer never lasts long enough for me. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"It hit 99 degrees here with 20% humidity. One of my older friends stopped by about 2pm. He asked where my shade tree was? :) In a few days the weather will change and that will be the end of the heat until next year. Summer never lasts long enough for me. :)

The family was all here today.  We took our last swim in the pool for the season.  Some years I keep it open through September but I am the only one who uses it.  I plan to shut it down this week.  It has been a mild summer.  I never turned the air conditioning on in the shop.  Maybe I did not work hard enough to sweat.  Actually I enjoy working outside in front of the shop under the tent canopy that I made.  There is usually a cool breeze through it most of the day.  By late afternoon when the sun creeps in, I am usually ready to quit work.

Summer is my favorite time too.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I am in the middle of doing a disc brake conversion on a 59 MGA. I have the rotors done and installed, but I am having trouble finding a caliper that will fit in the limited space available. I think I have found one, I will know tomorrow. I'll post all the pictures at once.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am in the middle of doing a disc brake conversion on a 59 MGA. I have the rotors done and installed, but I am having trouble finding a caliper that will fit in the limited space available. I think I have found one, I will know tomorrow. I'll post all the pictures at once.

some of the early VW calipers were small.  I have a pair on my Simca front axle ... rotors are narrow solid  disc style
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Started a painting yesterday, finished today. Something's bothering me about it, maybe lack of contrast between background and subject?  I'll putter with it tomorrow.

enjenjo

Crackerbox GMC. Looks like a doubles tractor. Did you know if you pull the pig out of the diff on one of them, and tilt the cab, they will fall over on it's nose. Don't ask How I know. :lol:

kb426

I can see a lot more of my work bench. I sorted small stuff. I hope I remember where I moved it to. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Tuesday morning at 5am a Co-worker at my work place:  got his A** tased , arrested for graffiti painting in the freeway tunnel in Phoenix.  He tried to run from the DPS...  was a bit funny watching him get hit by the taser and flopping on to the ground.

All caught on video via ADOT cameras.  Kinda wonder how much all his  stupid actions  will cost him $$
Tony

enjenjo

Took my 4 year old great grandson to the county fair today. Grandma went too. He loved the big tractors, particularly the one you could walk under standing up. Rode some rides, ate some greasy food, all the things you do at a fair. We had a good time.

sirstude

Had my last radiation treatment this afternoon.  The Radiation Oncologists talk to me was that he won't see me any more and I should be good for a couple of decades before we might see some changes.  The aggressive treatments that they gave me has that outlook. I will still go to the oncologist on a monthly basis for the next year to get a bone shot and check my PSA.  Next year that will drop to once every 3 months.  I will get a daily testosterone blocker pill and the shot (Luperin) that I get every 6 months.  Both of those are forever. My
PSA last week was 0.07, which is as close to 0 as I can see.  My hair is also slowly returning, at least on the sides of my head.
Thanks for all the support.
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

thanks for the update Doug ...  sounds like good news.
Tony

kb426

TEAM SMART

phat46

Great news, we don't see enough positive outcomes from things like this.

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil