What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I cleaned vehicles this am. This is possibly the last time they will all be clean at the same time. :)
Small, medium and large.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Finally got back in front of the easel today, this is the first car related painting I have done in about two months. If you see this guy, tell him there's a guy in a wicked '55 lookin' for him.

Crosley.In.AZ

I took this week off work.. a needed rest.  LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Got some work done on the Olds this weekend.  My strength is slowly coming back and seem to be able to work more than an hour at a time now.  All the Air Conditioning/heater lines are now routed through the fender finally.  Need to get a 1 1/16 crowsfoot wrench this week to tighten the bottom 2 fittings in the firewall.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

lofat46

Giving the coupe a once-over before heading to the Frog Follies on Thursday.   Ribbitt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I went to Scott City today for their 40th car show. The count was real close to 200. They've enjoyed growth over the last 4 years. It used to be a good year was 120. I'm a casual friend of the  owner of Big Creek Restoration. He had one of his latest projects at the show, delivering it to the owner who had yet to see it finished. This is a Chevette that was her high school car. It never left her town and years later she bought it back in poor condition. It ends up at Mike's shop where it gets a 2015 Cadillac turbo 4 cyl and 6 speed auto. It is detuned to 294 hp at the rear wheels. They started out at 27 lbs of boost at around 400 rear wheel hp. It was a spook. Small tires and lack of good rear suspension. The car is painted in the original color layout. The intercooler is hiding behind the grille and it has Vintage Air hiding on the firewall under covers that conceal all the ac and ecu. He tells me that it weighs 1750 lbs. That surprised me. I got to see friends that I haven't seen in a few years. The weather was good and the 72 made it home in one piece.

Interesting project:  a Chevette with a 4 cylinder in it..  So many folks stuffed big and small V8 engines in them.  Should be a nice driver, with power too.

As I recall the Chevette had a torque tube design drive line in them?  Not a full length torque tube , about half length drive shaft to a torque arm setup.

Kinda wondering why I remember that?  LOL
Tony

kb426

I spent the day removing dirt from the shop. I crawled up and blew out the attic. I moved all the stuff from the walls and blew crap everywhere. It's not clean but better than it was. :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

I'm on a roll, finished another painting today. This was a learning experience, I may try it again with the knowledge gained on this one.

Crosley.In.AZ

Drove the 1962 Falcon today...

I tested the positraction and  changed the engine oil in the ol 200 cid inline 6 .... altho not at the same time.   :shock:
Tony

kb426

I changed the trans fluid in the 2000 dakota rt. The pan was cleaner than any of the older trans I have worked on. I was pleasantly surprised.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

i have been dealing with back pain since friday . no car stuff to report . Crosley , from the picture your falcon brakes work well :lol:  :lol: . Thats some good steam from a little 6 8) Phat48 that is a fine job you did, we had a local guy who used to drag race that kept busy painting and selling car scenes .

416Ford

Quote from: "phat46"I'm on a roll, finished another painting today. This was a learning experience, I may try it again with the knowledge gained on this one.

Great work.

Spent last night under the car getting ready for a local cruise. The front end has been clanging since Louisville and I found a broken shock when we returned. The noise was still there and I expected that the springs were settling and causing the tire to hit the fender.

I was wrong. I had the car up in the air last night and pulled the wheels off.  When I bumped the trailing arm it moved. Looked closer and found that it had broke at the lower control arm near the back hole.
Took it off and ran over to a friends house with a bigger welder and welded it back up and re-installed it.
Car drives great again. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "phat46"I'm on a roll, finished another painting today. This was a learning experience, I may try it again with the knowledge gained on this one.

Great work.

Spent last night under the car getting ready for a local cruise. The front end has been clanging since Louisville and I found a broken shock when we returned. The noise was still there and I expected that the springs were settling and causing the tire to hit the fender.

I was wrong. I had the car up in the air last night and pulled the wheels off.  When I bumped the trailing arm it moved. Looked closer and found that it had broke at the lower control arm near the back hole.
Took it off and ran over to a friends house with a bigger welder and welded it back up and re-installed it.
Car drives great again. :)

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Any idea what caused it to break  :?:  :?:
 Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

fitting in a new base board section.  Had a water leak from the shower on the other side when my wife replaced fixtures and did not consult with me.. soon the wood base board was swelling up and away from the wall.

New base board is little wider , different... I have to chip out the grout.. found a carbide blade for my vibrating noise making multi tool... Need to fit a small chunk of dry wall... cut some spacers for the bottom so the new board sits properly.  Taken about 5 years to get here.

Why?  5 years?  Long story.
Tony

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Any idea what caused it to break  :?:  :?:
 Bob.. :wink:

Probably the entrance to the motel. Between the bump and turn at the same time and my limited amount of wheel travel.   :(

New Q1A Coilovers arrived yesterday, I should have them installed and have a raised suspension by KZoo.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.