What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm in Las Vegas picking up a car I bought last August. Daily driver type, but low mileage and no rust. My son has been driving it for the last several months until I could get out here. I am leaving to go back next week, yesterday it developed a miss on number three cylinder. So I have to remove the intake plenum to get to it. I ordered six coil packs, and a new set of plugs to install this weekend. I am only going to do this once.

That is the recommended practice on those cars. I have had them come in with computer problems. When having the computer repaired the warranty is null and void if it is put back together without new plugs and coils. Seems it is a resistance problem that fries the computer.
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm in Las Vegas picking up a car I bought last August. Daily driver type, but low mileage and no rust. My son has been driving it for the last several months until I could get out here. I am leaving to go back next week, yesterday it developed a miss on number three cylinder. So I have to remove the intake plenum to get to it. I ordered six coil packs, and a new set of plugs to install this weekend. I am only going to do this once.

That is the recommended practice on those cars. I have had them come in with computer problems. When having the computer repaired the warranty is null and void if it is put back together without new plugs and coils. Seems it is a resistance problem that fries the computer.

Remember when a set of points & a condenser would usually get you going  :?:  Maybe a coil   :?:

Hmmmm....Points at a matchbook....Plugs at a dime ..... :idea:  :roll:  :roll:  :oops:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Dad told me today that he ran a Kaiser Allstate distributor in his model A. I was taking pics of his ride pics from the 50s today and we saw details not seeable before, including plenty of baling wire. That was fun.  :D  I plan to enhance the images further. :wink:
Matt

kb426

I woke to snow and ice again this morning. Lovely mess. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I woke to snow and ice again this morning. Lovely mess. :)

You Too,huh :?:
To all the guys in lower Mi.....RUN ..:!:   Hide...   SNOWMAGEDDON  is coming your way   :!:  :!:  :roll:

Oh the horror  :!:  :!:   :shock:   It's hopeless   :!:  :shock:

Guess I'm watching to much TV news, huh  :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

More snow here also, but not as much as the last snow storm, and it doesn't look like it's wet like the last one. The Toro should do well today. I'll do it before the winds pick up and make more drifts.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

Minus 42 C here yesterday morning , that's minus 43 F just for reference . I have only used my snowblower once this winter . We have not had much snow . We have had a really mild winter until this cold snap hit . On a side note , I have never seen a scorpion or snake in my yard ! :lol:

phat46

Finally got snow here today, only about three inches, so far.  this is the first snow this Winter here. In Michigan, on the shore of Lake Huron...strange. I am glad I don't own a sled (snowmobile), they are having to go hours north to find snow, the rivers and ponds are still open, so no riding or racing on the ice yet. Very mild Winter so far, but we are supposed to go down to zero the next couple nights...back to normal January weather.

phat46

Quote from: "chimp koose"Minus 42 C here yesterday morning , that's minus 43 F just for reference . I have only used my snowblower once this winter . We have not had much snow . We have had a really mild winter until this cold snap hit . On a side note , I have never seen a scorpion or snake in my yard ! :lol:

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

enjenjo

I got the new daily fixed today, new coils and plugs. I also replaced a few vacuum lines while I was in there. Runs like a top now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

This morning in front of my house. I always say you have to find ways to enjoy the weather. It's under 10 degrees, with a 20+ mph wind. These guys got up today and decided to pull an old pool behind their scooter.😄

Crosley.In.AZ

Rain gone for here.  Dried out mostly.  Warmer too.  Need shovel for sunshine and low 70 degree temp

Ran the 1962 Falcon today (sunday) ...  

On saturday we visited my buddy with  the 1962 Studebaker Champ truck.  He is making progress.  has 9 inch Ford rear differential ready. Rear leaf springs rebuilt and center line bolt relocated.  With t he Ford Ranger bed he is using.  the rear axle center line was off, so he had the alignment bolt in the springs moved forward 2 inches to center the tires in wheel openings.

I took zero photos while I was there...

Studebaker built these trucks interesting...  Front fenders and inner wheel wells are spot welded together into 1 piece.  About 4 bolts hold the fenders on to the cab.  The Cab mounts with 4 bolts to the frame.  The front of the sheet metal mounts with 1 bolt on the core support to the frame.  Seems like a lot of weight for 1 mounting area. The core support has an extra section of metal there to strengthen it

The front of the cab is Studebaker Lark.  Still has 2 Lark frame mounts on the cab, but are not used to bolt the cab to the frame. They do not quite line up on the frame anyway.

he has been trying to sell the Studebaker rear end.  No takers. It is a Dana 27 unit.  Kinda small ring gear.  5 x 5 bolt pattern.  The Studebaker bed sold quick and local. V8 engine and over drive trans went to Montana via truck frieght
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

It warmed up enough this afternoon that I went to the shop and cleaned up the 12v dc motor mess that I had left when the weather changed. I have the parts for the dro for the mill laid out and have been researching to see what to avoid in mounting. That should be 1st on the list of tasks to complete.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Marking , marking , marking ! End of semester so all projects handed in . I have been measuring machining projects for 11 hours this weekend . Now final exams start , exams are easier to mark . This week I will have to shear about 500pcs of metal and make about 250 wood wheels for a class next semester . I have already done most of the materials prep already , this is just what is left to do before next semester . I find it less taxing to get everything prepped before they start rather than going in each week and trying to prep ahead .

Crosley.In.AZ

My new driver's license arrived in the mail today... There is a photo of some old coot on it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)