What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

End of day for O&S. 12 hours without making a mistake that I'm aware of. :) There is 2 short side plates left. The side plates need some paint shot on them. I took a sheet of wafer board and some 2x4's and made a grid to hold the spare and jack and other items. The hole is where the battery cover is. I don't think I will get the rain gutter down for the inside before it's time to decide about Kentucky.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

dropped the 351W/auto into the 65merc 1/2 ton today .

chimp koose

installed the performer intake on my 351 and had to remove it again . the gasket slipped down when I installed the intake .  :oops:  :roll:

chimp koose

intake is on properly now . a buddy is coming over tomorrow to wire up the electronic ignition . Got an innovators west SFI balancer for the T motor the other day , nice piece .

chimp koose

416Ford

I didn't do a thing.😁😁
Here at the Nationals with a few other loafers.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "416Ford"I didn't do a thing.😁😁
Oh! Its a casual shoe exposition, now I get it! :lol:  I figure it looks like Thanksgiving at Grandmas... bunch of kids with noses buried in phones. :roll:

Hope nobody's heap croaked getting there. :)  :arrow:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"I didn't do a thing.😁😁

Good on you guys ...( And Gals...... :D )
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

painted and installed my headers today . Had visitors all day , hard to get anything done

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought this bullet design meat smoker - cooker on eBay.  Similar design a co-worker uses.  I figure 2 smokers may be better than 1 smoker.  So:  now I own 2 smokers and a propane regular bbq unit. LOL

Slow cooked - smoked  some burgers saturday.  Very good.  Of course : I already had some ideas for modifications to this unit like I did on the other smoker I bought a month ago.  LOL

I have never smoked meat before: this is Just something I am messing with a little bit.  Not too long my car hobby will go away fully or at least reduce by 80%  when I retire.  I need a hobby , I guess

I read reviews on Amazon about this smoker.  Comments about the paint softens up , moves around, causes the sections to stick together when the unit cools down.  All true. I had to get my large screwdriver out and pop apart the sections where the paint had stuck. Even the side door shown there.... stuck closed.  I figure the paint will burn off soon enough.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Took my engine run stand apart.  It is now just a cart.... with misc pieces sitting on the floor out of view of the camera.   :shock:

)bye(
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"Took my engine run stand apart.  It is now just a go cart frame... with engine support and rollbar pieces sitting on the floor out of view of the camera.   :shock:

)bye(

^^^
Fixed that for ya. );b(

Today I mowed, just out front.  :)
Matt

kb426

I had the 72 in the shop under florescent lights. I buffed the hood again. :) I found 2 spots that needed some attention. I sanded and buffed them also. I cleaned it for what could be the last time. :) Yard work followed. It's rained the last 2 days. It was 96 and 41% humidity this afternoon. That isn't normal for the desert. :)
TEAM SMART