What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Don't remember if I told everyone that I had my last chemo a week and a half ago.  Meet with the Radiation Doctor on the 1st of Aug to get that going.  Everything is looking good, my last PSA was 0.27 from basically 47 when I started on this mess.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

That's good to hear. Keep it up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

That's GREAT news  :!:    

Bob ... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

WZ JUNK

I worked on the 460/Ranger project the last two days.  Some progress on the engine and transmission mounts.  Once they are done, that will be a big step forward.  I keep moving the engine and transmission slightly one way or the other but I think I am just about ready to weld the mounts.

Hot hot hot here.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I worked on the 460/Ranger project the last two days.  Some progress on the engine and transmission mounts.  Once they are done, that will be a big step forward.  I keep moving the engine and transmission slightly one way or the other but I think I am just about ready to weld the mounts.

Hot hot hot here.

John

Your post made me think of a local guy that had a 460 in a mid 80's Ranger. He bought it finished. I did some paint work on it and it looked pretty well done, although it sat too high for my taste. He liked to beat on it and he broke the trans mount. It was a tube crossmember....looked like it was 2" muffler pipe. 🙄 Luckily no other damage, my brother made hm a proper mount and welded it in.

WZ JUNK

I made a trip to Doug Lee's today.  He made me a set of valve covers for the 460.  It is good to have friends who are handy.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

Well the engine is in place.  I will do the finish welding and trimming tomorrow on the engine frame mounts.  It kinda fits.  There is still a lot of fabricating to do but I think it will work.  I do not think that Ford planned to offer a 460 in a Ranger.

Next big job is switching out the Explorer rear end assembly.  I bought an Explorer parts vehicle for the 3.73 post rear end and a few other pieces.  A friend traded me out of the rest of the vehicle, so I need to get it salvaged and out of here.

This was supposed to be a quick project for the summer.  But I had some delays over the title and now family stuff is taking more time.  The nationals are less than two weeks away and then there is the HAMB Drags.  The short answer is that like most projects, this one is going to take longer than I planned.  But that is okay.  It is not like I have a job to go to everyday.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

Quick walk about the other nite in the backyard... killed 3 scorpions.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

I was cyphering on the Morris Firewall area. Current cut out sections leaves a firewall  chunk the valve cover will not fit past...

This is an old cylinder head with OEM center bolt valve covers.  I will need more room..   but:  I must be careful since the VIN tag is on this piece of metal and I do have a proper title of ownership for this car.  Arizona is very fussy about VIN tags, location, not moving them, matching the title, etc...
Tony

chimp koose

pulled the engine /trans from my 65merc 1/2 ton . Was 300/6 w/4spd will soon be 351HO/auto . I changed the motor mount pedestals and took out the trans crossmember as it will need to be moved . I will likely have to shorten the driveshaft . I would like to use the one piece driveshaft in place of the split one with centre bearing . eddy performer/gt headers/quick fuel carb / advancing the cam . this truck should be fun !

idrivejunk

I am jealous of everybody's cool pickups.  :(  8)  Been way too long since I had one.
Matt

kb426

I got started on a bed cover today. My brain wasn't in the shop. There were some mistakes that got corrected. I guess my brain is in the same place my memory is. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Little progress for working all day. The frame is welded up. Latch is mounted and positioned. Top is cut and rough fitted. I need side panels and then there will be drain trays on both sides attached to the inside of the bed. I have a weight estimate so I can order gas springs. I planned on having this finished before friday to leave for Salina. Delusionary comes to mind.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Spent a few minutes on the Morris Minor 1000 firewall.  Cut out a piece for more room on the  engine valve cover area.

A few photos:  passenger side:  I cut more out under the VIN tag. Will clean up the area &  trim more up wednesday nite.

Driver's side shown with No additional cut ... yet.  

And: if the question comes up: I have no idea what the E on the firewall is for.
Tony