What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Crosley"It was a busy saturday evening here..  I killed 10 scorpions.  One of these had 3 baby scorpions on it's back.

So is the score 7 + 3 = 10 ?

or

10 + 3 = 13 ?  

Keep them creatures in AZ !  :lol:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "Crosley"It was a busy saturday evening here..  I killed 10 scorpions.  One of these had 3 baby scorpions on it's back.

So is the score 7 + 3 = 10 ?

or

10 + 3 = 13 ?  

Keep them creatures in AZ !  :lol:

It was 10 + 3 baby scorpions  = 13
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

There's been some tree sprouts popping up all over the yard that I took the tree out of. When I got to digging, I found another 30' of 2" root to remove. This afternoon I spent quite a while scraping grease/dirt from the c6 in the 88 chassis. I did find parts under that blob. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Block sanding on the F100. I'm trying real hard not to screw up. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

spent the day changing the fuel pump on my 97 gmc 1/2 ton. At 350,000km its probably due for replacement . I am doing the rad and pwr steering hose tomorrow as they are both leaking . Taking it back to my son next week , he lives 6 hours from us so i would rather fix it now before it becomes a problem for him later . I will likely do an ignition module too .

lofat46

Just got home from participating in a July 4th parade in neighboring Bensenville, IL with 8 other club members. It was fun, people love seeing the old cars.  Happy 4th everyone.

enjenjo

I spent the day in Battle Creek Mi running in the Speed Fest half mile run. Due to rain we only got two runs in, and we had problems on both. Speeds were 125.45, and 121.97. The car ran 145 last year, but due to stupid mistakes we  did not do as well. I think we figured out the problem, but didn't get a chance to try again. Car was a 2005 Caddy CTSV. We did hole shot a McClaren so there is that. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Installed a dryer vent box in laundry room wall.  Able to move the dryer back 4 inches more.  Still can not re - install bifold doors on laundry room...  The cubicle is not deep enough as built when house was new in 1998.  

may see if i can find narrower doors
Tony

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Crosley"Installed a dryer vent box in laundry room wall.  Able to move the dryer back 4 inches more.  Still can not re - install bifold doors on laundry room...  The cubicle is not deep enough as built when house was new in 1998.  

I don't know your existing layout or the type of bi-folds that you have.  ....Most bi-folds used a track at the top to guide the doors.

If this is the style you have, you may be able to remove the track and attach the bi-folds to the jambs using hinges that allow the doors to swing out to the side and allow them to fold back on themselves.  

A strip attached at the top of the opening creates a stop for the doors when in the closed position.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"Installed a dryer vent box in laundry room wall.  Able to move the dryer back 4 inches more.  Still can not re - install bifold doors on laundry room...  The cubicle is not deep enough as built when house was new in 1998.  

I don't know your existing layout or the type of bi-folds that you have.  ....Most bi-folds used a track at the top to guide the doors.

If this is the style you have, you may be able to remove the track and attach the bi-folds to the jambs using hinges that allow the doors to swing out to the side and allow them to fold back on themselves.  

A strip attached at the top of the opening creates a stop for the doors when in the closed position.

Did that exact thing this past spring for a lady that insisted on a specific bi fold that wouldn't work where she wanted it. It worked well.

Crosley.In.AZ

Yes.   I have looked at that setup.  Trackless Bifold doors for full access.

My doors have a track at the top...  these doors were all moved forward in the opening with some custom fab work to set the doors the max  amount out in 1999.

I will get to the doors , I hope, soon .... My Work has been very busy for a long time.  Now I have more problems with my hands :  like ''trigger finger'' in 2 fingers..  Who knew that s*** could be so dang painful?

Oh well:  gettin olde & worn out aint for sissies

:shock:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Received a text from my electric power company.  Power interruption from damage or box was hit. Which seem like the same thing.

Any way...  I left work , since they estimated the repair for power by 8:50pm... over 7 hours later.  4 houses are on the same transformer box.

In the photo is what I found when I got home. The power guys were checking the  4  house service panels to see if any wires were pulled out.

Neighbor has security cameras , I do not know if they caught the clowns on video.  1 neighbor said it was a pickup truck with trailer
Tony

idrivejunk

Couple scary things... Found out my favorite aunt turned yellow and has a mass completely covering her pancreas. Reached a point at work where I can barely with all my might connect an air hose. I have to use a stationary object to push the tool against. I don't know what to do in either situation. Cars all seem fine though.
Matt

idrivejunk

Well, I lied. I am able to connect some tools using all my might but without mashing the tool against the floor or bench. It hurts, but that is not supposed to matter. See, a couple weeks ago I got a new air hose quick coupler and that ended probably a year or more of extremely leaky and sanity-robbing coupler. I had given up on finding a coupler which works as it should. The last couple couplers hissed since new. The new one doesn't hiss but I need to get some other guys to connect it and tell me if it is hard to connect. Its a brass coupler but you can see an O-ring down past the retaining balls. I think thats what makes it not leak but hard to connect. One of those things that makes me sound crazy but really hurts me. The hose is another such item. I don't know how to get new replacements that are more usable but am thinking of bringing my hose from home, its so bad. It sucks that so many things like that which were never a problem before are now unsolvable problems because everything is made in China. Thats one way to kill rodding, I guess. Let manufacturing control get so poor that only warrantied, brand new products work. Unless you get a bad one. Replacement pieces and tools become non-functional conversation pieces and will continue to be available until we realize it and quit trying.

Every air tool I have bought in recent years starts when connected. None of the throttles work. Doesn't matter how many times you take the tool back and exhange it. Its very dangerous but thats life now I guess. Nobody else seems to have any of the same issues. I don't understand.

The aunt I mentioned won't be with us much longer, of course. Somebody make a cheerful or usual-type post please. I seem to have interrupted that flow again by voicing a frustration that I shouldn't mention because its not bad enough. :roll:
Matt

kb426

Matt, we understand. My suggestion is to take the coupler apart and see what size the oring is. I would find or make on just a little larger. Silicone spray might help but I would guess silicone is banned in a shop that has paint within 500'. :)
TEAM SMART