What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Quote from: "enjenjo"I spent the day working on Shelby's car. Headlights were out. Replaced two bad bulbs, and rewired the left side. They all work now. I still have to reinstall the front bumper.

Ummmmmm your doing it wrong Frank, the bumper does not need to come off to replace the headlight bulb.

Team Smart wannabe.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I spent the day working on Shelby's car. Headlights were out. Replaced two bad bulbs, and rewired the left side. They all work now. I still have to reinstall the front bumper.

Ummmmmm your doing it wrong Frank, the bumper does not need to come off to replace the headlight bulb.

Team Smart wannabe.

You remove the front bumper cover to replace the headlight bulb on a Subaru Outback.  Either that or you remove the front wheel and the inner fender.  I take mine to the dealer and they replace the headlights for free.  So many owners complained about the poor design of the headlight assembles that the dealers will replace the bulbs at no charge.  I really like the Outback but they were asleep when they designed the headlights.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I cleaned up the 51 again. It sit's outside and we've had rain 3 days this week. I changed the front end alignment yesterday and looked over a few small items. In the morning, it's off to Pueblo. Looking forward to seeing the old friends and maybe making some new ones. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Team Smart wannabe.

Obviously you have not worked on too many later model cars. Particularly those with aftermarket headlights. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

lofat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Team Smart wannabe.

Obviously you have not worked on too many later model cars. Particularly those with aftermarket headlights. :D

I have a friend with a 2013 or 14 Buick Acadia and he said the the front bumper cover has to come off to replace the headlight.

416Ford

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Team Smart wannabe.

This makes me grateful that my newest car is a 2002. I can still change the bulb in 5 min.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

phat46

I went to the Secretary of State ( DMV) today to change the title and get plates on my new truck...They were slow today, only 43 people ahead of me. it took two hours to get those 43 people through...they have 10 work stations, of course they only had four open..If they worked any slower they'd be going backwards. Our tax money hard at work. 🙄😄

papastoyss

Quote from: "kb426"I decided to take the 51 to Pueblo this weekend. I spent the afternoon cleaning and buffing. The truck has 8,000 miles on it. There are a half dozen rock pits, bumps, etc. on it. It pains me to see what is happening to it. Two of those are rock bumps in the fenders. Inside to out. My town seals the streets with aggregate that is almost 1/2" diameter. Those rocks are the ones that get stuck in the tires and turn loose when they can do the most damage. I guess unless you build inner fenders, this is what happens. :) I jacked it up and inspected underneath yesterday. I'm pleased with how things look. Other than the paint being blasted, there are no leaks, the plumbing is where it is supposed to be, and the electrical is showing no wear. :)
3M used to make a product called ( I think) Chip Guard that is used to replace the textured coating on rocker panels, it comes in a rattle can, so its easy to apply. I've used it under fenders, it'll stop all but the large rocks from star chipping your paint.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

WZ JUNK

I was under the Ranger Splash project this morning.  The truck bed on these has fiberglass sides.  They have some really nice plastic inner liners that might work well to protect the fenders on something like a pickup.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

Welp:  the heat pump  on my shop is down. All it wants to do is cool the out side and heat the inside.

I may try a replacement circuit control  board before I call a repair company. This unit is 15- 16 yrs  olde and outdated R-22 freon.  They will want to sell me a new unit. That is not happening.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

We have had 7.5 inches of rain since early this morning.  And the next round should start within the hour.  The street has buckled up just down from my house as the rain water worked its way underneath the pavement.  Water was over my street just down the hill from me.  It is wet here.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

enjenjo

I mowed my grass today. It's the first time this year that I could mow the whole yard. We have had three days with no rain, that is the longest period this year. We have had rain 114 days out of 173 so far this year.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I returned from Pueblo yesterday evening. Good show, good time. The 51 made 21 mpg going up and 22 mpg coming home. I wish it was a little better but that was an unrealistic expectation on my part. It rolled over 8,000 miles on the way up. The pics are of what I would call an interesting experiment. I took a metalflake pic for C.K. but it didn't come out good enough to post. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I saw this at the swap meet. It looked original. Flat head block.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I started a batch of molasses and water to remove rust from a bunch of stuff i have , A buddy brought me some door hinges for my T and they are soaking too . How long does it take in the molasses ? I mixed it 7 gallons to 1 with feed grade molasses . It was $10 a gallon . :)