What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Getting ready for my sister-in-laws funeral tomorrow.  Been pretty rough around here the last few months.  She was in her second bought with cancer and and been living with us the last 10 months or so.  Also living here the last 3 winters.  Anyway last week her lungs basically gave out and she went in to the hospital on Hospice.  She is in a better place now though.  We share the same cancer doctor and I won't see him for a couple of weeks. Everyone in the Cancer Center was really great yesterday when I was getting my chemo (one more to go)and had lots of good things to say.  

My psa is down to 0.17 so things are looking good for me.  I was at 23.7 in December and at that time I was on Finasteride so my number was really 47.4.  I have one more chemo, should be early July, then a month off and then 5 days a week for 4 weeks of radiation.  Should be done after that I hope except some ongoing hormone type treatment.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

Doug, you have my sympathies. I have nothing else to offer.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Sorry for your loss Doug.  My thought are with you.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

First test fit of the 460 into the Ranger.  I will raise it up more and it will be a couple of inches farther back.  It will be higher than I wanted and it will set angled down slightly at the back.  Not what I wanted but it will work.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

I have  been working on my piddling car Morris Minor 1962... cut out some round tube, installed some 2 x 3 rectangle tube from main chassis tube to the body sill.  I had been told the round tube would be rejected by the tech guys since the roll cage tube ended there, needed to be same tube as the chassis 2 x 3 tube.

I used my cordless tools quite a bit on this job so far.  I really like the cordless tools because:  No cord.. obviously I also used the corded tools and air tools.  I have always hated the cords and air hoses.  If you need to be on a creeper... you have to move the hoses 6 to 8 feet away so the creeper can roll.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "sirstude"Getting ready for my sister-in-laws funeral tomorrow.  Been pretty rough around here the last few months.  She was in her second bought with cancer and and been living with us the last 10 months or so.  Also living here the last 3 winters.  Anyway last week her lungs basically gave out and she went in to the hospital on Hospice.  She is in a better place now though.  We share the same cancer doctor and I won't see him for a couple of weeks. Everyone in the Cancer Center was really great yesterday when I was getting my chemo (one more to go)and had lots of good things to say.  

My psa is down to 0.17 so things are looking good for me.  I was at 23.7 in December and at that time I was on Finasteride so my number was really 47.4.  I have one more chemo, should be early July, then a month off and then 5 days a week for 4 weeks of radiation.  Should be done after that I hope except some ongoing hormone type treatment.

Doug

Doug;  I hope things go well for you. Sorry to read about your sister in law's death.

Several folks I know or work with are under various forms of cancer treatment.
Tony

kb426

Yesterday i made a run 150 miles away. I picked up my wife's new car. This might be her last new one. We'll see. :) She has bought a new one every 7 years for the last 2 decades. At least this was pretty painless. I made a deal over the phone swapping pics of the tradein by email and everything went well. Less bs than usual.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I had a little surprise with a reproduction part today. It's been a while since that happened. I had forgot how it feels to have a new part be a failure. :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

I flew down to Raleigh N.C. on Friday to pick up my new to me 2017 Ram. 395 h.p. Hemi in it, the guy I bought it from put aftermarket exhaust on it....it is loud, I don't see a muffler on it, just two small resonators on the tail pipes. Probably gonna change that. I got a heck of a deal on it, only 11,500 miles, and no rust, looks like new all over. It will get the Krown treatment when I get it home to Mi. I am driving home tomorrow, with my two grandsons, 5 and 9 yrs. old.....wish me luck!

Charlie Chops 1940

Grandsons...5 and 9....I can hear the "are we there yet?" already. They will have fun and make you smile a lot I'm sure. My only grandson is 9 and his sister is 6 in a couple weeks. They are a treat on short road trips but we haven't made any long trips yet.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Grandsons...5 and 9....I can hear the "are we there yet?" already. They will have fun and make you smile a lot I'm sure. My only grandson is 9 and his sister is 6 in a couple weeks. They are a treat on short road trips but we haven't made any long trips yet.

I'm hoping we make some good memories tomorrow, we don't absolutely have to make the drive in one shot, but I'd like too. If it gets to be too much we will stop overnight. Their Mom is going to load a couple movies on iPads, and they have a portable car DVD player too. At any rate we will have some fun! I'll never have this chance again.

kb426

I decided to take the 51 to Pueblo this weekend. I spent the afternoon cleaning and buffing. The truck has 8,000 miles on it. There are a half dozen rock pits, bumps, etc. on it. It pains me to see what is happening to it. Two of those are rock bumps in the fenders. Inside to out. My town seals the streets with aggregate that is almost 1/2" diameter. Those rocks are the ones that get stuck in the tires and turn loose when they can do the most damage. I guess unless you build inner fenders, this is what happens. :) I jacked it up and inspected underneath yesterday. I'm pleased with how things look. Other than the paint being blasted, there are no leaks, the plumbing is where it is supposed to be, and the electrical is showing no wear. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

KB, make you some black plastic wheel well liners. :idea:

Another flat on the GTP today. I have sadly reached a point of not being able to shove a plug while laying in the parking lot. Airbags are the devil. :evil:

I'm outta gas, Monday was uphillish and it wasn't much of a picture day at work. Catch you cats on the flipside. I'm back on the Cat. Groovy. 8)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Installed a pair of  wider fiberglas rear fenders on a F-100 years ago ...   I used that roof cement tar stuff in a thick coating  on th e under side of the fenders to avoid stone cracks in the glass
Tony

enjenjo

I spent the day working on Shelby's car. Headlights were out. Replaced two bad bulbs, and rewired the left side. They all work now. I still have to reinstall the front bumper.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.