What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris spokes

Quote from: "chimp koose"I started a batch of molasses and water to remove rust from a bunch of stuff i have , A buddy brought me some door hinges for my T and they are soaking too . How long does it take in the molasses ? I mixed it 7 gallons to 1 with feed grade molasses . It was $10 a gallon . :)

it will take about two weeks then hose it off and put some type of sealer on it, the guys over hear have started using citric acid as it don't smell so bad but I never tried it yet
he who has the most toys wins

kb426

I replaced the 2 plugs on the alternator on the 51. This is a 3g alternator from the 96 Mustang. It had fluctuating voltage. I checked it with my volt meter and it would vary from 14.8 to 15.2 idling. After replacing the plugs, the variance is .01 at idle. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "kb426"I returned from Pueblo yesterday evening. ....The pics are of what I would call an interesting experiment.

Can you please explain what all that plumbing is?  ...I can't see enough details in your pics.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

kb426

Bruce, it appeared to be a single small turbo per exhaust run back into a roots blower in the normal position. Each turbo looked to have it's on waste gate as part of the unit. I've seen a turbo that small on cycles before but I couldn't see any tags that I could identify what they were.
TEAM SMART

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "kb426"Bruce, it appeared to be a single small turbo per exhaust run back into a roots blower in the normal position. Each turbo looked to have it's on waste gate as part of the unit. I've seen a turbo that small on cycles before but I couldn't see any tags that I could identify what they were.

Thank you for the clarification.  ....Even enlarging the pics didn't help me understand what I was looking at.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Crosley.In.AZ

It is a good day.  The internet is an amazing thing..

I mentioned, the Heat Pump on my shop was only heating, not cooling the shop. After much reading and some YouTube videos... I know my thermostat took a dump.

Tonite I watched a video on how to bypass the t-stat and place my Heat pump into the cooling mode. I wired nutted 4 wires together and the  Heat Pump works great, cools the shop as usual.

So, now I need to buy a thermostat for this old York unit.

And for the record:  it was 92*F in the shop this evening.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

A car that I wired a few years ago is competing in the Great Race this week.  It has competed in this event at least 3 times now.  The owner has won this event before but not with this car.  There were some great photos of the cars yesterday with the redwoods in the background and others along the ocean.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"You are cool too John.

No, I am just old.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Rrumbler

Quote from: "Crosley"It is a good day.  The internet is an amazing thing..

I mentioned, the Heat Pump on my shop was only heating, not cooling the shop. After much reading and some YouTube videos... I know my thermostat took a dump.

Tonite I watched a video on how to bypass the t-stat and place my Heat pump into the cooling mode. I wired nutted 4 wires together and the  Heat Pump works great, cools the shop as usual.

We had the same situation with our unit for years. Since I am limited to ground level, I would call the home warranty folks twice a year, late spring, and late fall, to get the danged thing to do what it is supposed to do. I complained that all of the relays and motors they replaced could have paid for a completely new unit, but, no, they just kept patching the band aids. Finally, this past April, the HW outfit sent a different contractor out: the guy went up on the roof for a long time, came back down with a smirk on his face, tested the thermostat, and replaced it, said that was the problem all along - it works like it is supposed to, now.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Rrumbler"

We had the same situation with our unit for years. Since I am limited to ground level, I would call the home warranty folks twice a year, late spring, and late fall, to get the danged thing to do what it is supposed to do. I complained that all of the relays and motors they replaced could have paid for a completely new unit, but, no, they just kept patching the band aids. Finally, this past April, the HW outfit sent a different contractor out: the guy went up on the roof for a long time, came back down with a smirk on his face, tested the thermostat, and replaced it, said that was the problem all along - it works like it is supposed to, now.

My heat pump unit is a package unit ( 1 piece) .. same as the usual roof top units.  Mine is at ground level sitting on a platform built by me, the whole  installation  by me many years ago. I just need the time to get to the local home improvement store and buy a thermostat.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a new thermostat this evening...  I have cooling in my shop again. From 93*F to 87*F already ...  I will let the shop set at 87*F over nite.  Turn the temp down a few more degrees when it is cooler in the morning here.  Still over 100*F outside  at 8:30pm

8)
Tony

kb426

I fixed thursday's errors on the bed. After it dries some, I can start blocking the outside again. It's 85 degrees and I'm sweating up a storm. I love summer. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

It was a busy saturday evening here..  I killed 10 scorpions.  One of these had 3 baby scorpions on it's back.
Tony