What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"Is that the one on the throttle pedal? I think I have a couple around here.

Yes, it is.
Matt

lofat46

Quote from: "phat46"I bought a new used truck in N. Carolina. It's a done deal, my son in law and daughter are in possession of the truck in Raleigh. I was hoping to drive it back here on the plates the p.o. had on it, but they were expired. Has anyone driven a vehicle home across state lines before they could change the title? I plan on waiting till the title reaches the p.o. from his bank and he can sign off on it. I will have the signed title, and a notarized bill of sale, but no plate. Several people, including my insurance guy said to just drive it, that you are allowed to drive directly home from a sale of a vehicle without a plate. I know that is legal in Michigan,but I wonder about going through several states. Anyone had experience with this?

Check with your home state or state of purchase DMV. Some states will issue an "in transit" plate which is temporary to get it home through other states.

kb426

I went to Memorial Day services 50 miles away this morning. This has become a tradition for me. I snapped a pic of a wheat field at 70 mph on the way home. The wheat is as green and level as I can remember ever seeing it.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "lofat46"
Quote from: "phat46"I bought a new used truck in N. Carolina. It's a done deal, my son in law and daughter are in possession of the truck in Raleigh. I was hoping to drive it back here on the plates the p.o. had on it, but they were expired. Has anyone driven a vehicle home across state lines before they could change the title? I plan on waiting till the title reaches the p.o. from his bank and he can sign off on it. I will have the signed title, and a notarized bill of sale, but no plate. Several people, including my insurance guy said to just drive it, that you are allowed to drive directly home from a sale of a vehicle without a plate. I know that is legal in Michigan,but I wonder about going through several states. Anyone had experience with this?

Check with your home state or state of purchase DMV. Some states will issue an "in transit" plate which is temporary to get it home through other states.

I talked to the guy I bought it from today, he will be calling their DMV tomorrow, I asked him to inquire about a temporary tag there, I will be calling out Secretary of State (our DMV) tomorrow for clarification.

Crosley.In.AZ

Guess I should mention that I trapped the gopher over the weekend..  2nd one in 3 weeks or so..  I know my varmint stories keep you guys going.  :(D)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Guess I should mention that I trapped the gopher over the weekend..  2nd one in 3 weeks or so..  I know my varmint stories keep you guys going.  :(D)

I am dealing with wood chucks. Bigger meaner gophers. Conibear #8. So far I have caught two this season.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Attended the Military funeral for my buddy today.  National Memorial Cemetery in north Phx...  He was a USPS employee for 36 years.  They had an Honor Guard type deal for him today.  About 35 postal vehicles rolled in.  It was a good turn out for Jeff's farewell. Jeff was an Army vet

Cancer sucks
Tony

idrivejunk

I put a vomit pic over on the Pantera story today. :lol:

Wait, did I say that right? :?

Yesterday storms blew through our area, extreme tornado warning, etc. Small hail and hard rain. Today I figured I would air out the GT so I opened the door and plopped down and... oh. Left front sunroof drain clog from sitting under Dad's tree. Headliner, seat, floor all sopping. Sopped up a bunch with my seat though, so I worked with wet seat of pants this afternoon. :roll:

New tag sticker came today for it. Boy am I glad it didn't come yesterday and get soaked in the mailbox. And glad I didn't have billfold in pocket when I sat in the GT. Grumpiness averted there. :)
Matt

enjenjo

Quote from: "idrivejunk"I put a vomit pic over on the Pantera story today. :lol:

Yesterday storms blew through our area, extreme tornado warning, etc. Small hail and hard rain. Today I figured I would air out the GT so I opened the door and plopped down and... oh. Left front sunroof drain clog from sitting under Dad's tree. Headliner, seat, floor all sopping. Sopped up a bunch with my seat though, so I worked with wet seat of pants this afternoon. :roll:

New tag sticker came today for it. Boy am I glad it didn't come yesterday and get soaked in the mailbox. And glad I didn't have billfold in pocket when I sat in the GT. Grumpiness averted there. :)

And that is why I won't buy another car with a sunroof. Sooner or later they all leak.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"I put a vomit pic over on the Pantera story today. :lol:

And that is why I won't buy another car with a sunroof. Sooner or later they all leak.

It can leak rivers and its not an issue unless a drain gets clogged or hose is pulled off. The regulator is a huge plastic gutter. Parking one under a tree and letting it sit is horrible on it. Last time he tried wipers it ripped the blades on almost new blades. It was like that last couple years. And it was my first one with a sunroof and it is unplugged. Love the one in my DD, use it all the time. Moved the GT after work and it seemed all dry. Had the thing ten years next month but probably never blew out the hoses.

Thats all the excuses and backtalk I can generate today. :) :oops:  :roll:
Matt

idrivejunk

I put compressed air up the front drains yesterday, could only access the car for like 3 minutes.

Crosley's somber post was not there when I started writing, but was when I finished. It was not my intent to take attention away from that, nor to cast sunroofs or deer in a positive light, nor to argue with Frank.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Tony.

I may attempt to put the glass back on the regulator of my 69 Pontiac left rear window this weekend.

I apologize for interrupting and my middle aged single white man attitude and for running off Ugly Olds if I did that.

KB that photo is beautiful to me, I was raised near Wichita.

Yesterday was busy. I will make a work post shortly.

That is all. I will stay in my crib.

Please continue, gents.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Crosley's somber post was not there when I started writing, but was when I finished. It was not my intent to take attention away from that, nor to cast sunroofs or deer in a positive light, nor to argue with Frank.

No need to apologize...  Each post in this thread is a story on it's own. A quick glimpse in time for each of us.

On another note:  heat has returned to the Valley of the Sun here in Aridzona.  Appears the cooler weather has left the area for a few months ..  :shock:

EDIT:  I killed 6 scorpions friday evening. The heat returned, they come out.
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"

No need to apologize...  Each post in this thread is a story on it's own. A quick glimpse in time for each of us.

On another note:  heat has returned to the Valley of the Sun here in Aridzona.  Appears the cooler weather has left the area for a few months ..  :shock:

EDIT:  I killed 6 scorpions friday evening. The heat returned, they come out.

Scorpions, Gophers, you're on a killing spree. Is your wife still around? :D

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Scorpions, Gophers, you're on a killing spree. Is your wife still around? :D

yuup. still around. Although her knee is still a problem.  Hope she dont go limping and lame.  :lol:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Sunday afternoon:  Try cutting a roll cage tube out in the 1962 Morris Minor car.  

I figured 1 blade would get caught by the tube moving in.. Left blade in photo was  1st cut.  So: I cut on the right side, then I had 2 blades wedged in.

I brought out my GM tire changing screw jack.  Problem solved.
Tony