What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, I have a thought about the lathe tach: with one magnet, the sensor only knows the time from each impulse. The pc chip is programmed to gauge the impulses solely by time and not any distance. More pulses in less time equals more rpm. Does that sound correct?
\

That is the way any speed sensors work. The only difference is how many pulses equal 1. More pulses per revolution gives you greater accuracy in case a pulse is missed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"Finished this painting today, 16" X 24", acrylic on hard board. That's Si, from Duck Dynasty, checking the mirror, and Darius Rucker in the other seat. Taken from the Wagon Wheel video.

You going to sell these or are they just for your own satisfaction?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "phat46"Finished this painting today, 16" X 24", acrylic on hard board. That's Si, from Duck Dynasty, checking the mirror, and Darius Rucker in the other seat. Taken from the Wagon Wheel video.

You going to sell these or are they just for your own satisfaction?

Frank, most of my stuff is for sale, including this piece. I have about 20 pieces in a local gallery where I work one day a week. I have sold only two things there in nearly a year, neither an automotive piece. It is a very specific market, and apparently there's no one in that market in my town! 😃

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, I have a thought about the lathe tach: with one magnet, the sensor only knows the time from each impulse. The pc chip is programmed to gauge the impulses solely by time and not any distance. More pulses in less time equals more rpm. Does that sound correct?

Yes, I understand..  Item with 2 magnets I was thinking of : is the early add-on cruise controls for automobiles.  2 magnets attached to the drive shaft.  About 1 out of 5 would function well , as I recall.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

My wife purchased some new furniture. I spent half the day assembling parts. No surprises. That was nice. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Made the decision to keep my GP GT today. :)  Thats a load off my mind.
Matt

sirstude

Final work in the garage and on the Olds for the Garage Tour on Saturday.  Hitting 8 or so garages/shops  on Saturday, great times and usually have 70-80 people on the tour.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

I installed 4 new tires on the Dakota this afternoon. The truck is 18 years old this month. When I purchased it, I told people that this would be the last new truck I would buy. I may live long enough to eat those words. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I probably made little wood dirt track cars for the last time with grade 7 kids today . Word has it the funding for that program is being cut .

Crosley.In.AZ

I learned wednesday evening that some friends have sold the family industrial machine shop business.  It was established in 1909 in Phoenix AZ...  110 years old and now it is done , over, gone.

There were 2 boys in the family.  Steve passed away in january 2018. The older son did not want to operate the business.  So, the 83 yr old dad sold the machines, the building and land.  These were very large machines.  Some weigh 30k pounds.

I hope the link to an article functions:

Valley Machine Company
Tony

kb426

Good story, Tony. I'm sure it's way more common now.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Good story, Tony. I'm sure it's way more common now.

I have not heard the full story on the sale yet...  Basic run down I was given is the Machine shop was bought by a group of 3 shops.  Moved the 110 year olde  shop a few miles away.  The surviving son will be a foreman there and run that Part of the machine works.

There is just so much history and products created in that shop over the 110 years of life.  When I started up my mobile vehicle repair & service company in  1990.. Larry was my first large customer since I had known him and his sons for about 10 yrs by then.
Tony

chimp koose

I learned of the sudden passing of a long time racing pal yesterday . We used to joke that we were each others good luck charm ,as the season we started pitting beside each other we each won our respective class season championships . I have been asked to go out and help run his race car at this years season opener . I feel honoured to have been asked , and I cant think of any better way to pay tribute to his memory .  :(

kb426

I went to the Liberal Ks show today. The threat of rain held the numbers down. Here are a few pics of the variety.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Sunday morning here.  2:30am the irrigation started to flow in on the yards.  I have no control on the start times.  That is something I will not miss when we retire and move.  LOL
Tony