What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "348tripower"Got the news that the reman 5.7 has been shipped. :D

Was this one built with stronger pistons & all the other upgrades  :?:  

Will the programming need to be changed ... :?:  :idea:

Good that you will be able to enjoy the car this summer .... 8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I mounted the tach sensor and the readouts. The spindle was counter bored for the magnet. Nothing earth shattering but the tach does work. :)
TEAM SMART

moose

Quote from: "kb426"C.K., I'll send you a pm with lot's of info.
Can you send me the info as well PLEASE!

Thanks
moose

UGLY OLDS

" I'll send you a pm with lot's of info. ".....

Gee KB ..The info will prolly go right over my head ..... :roll:  :oops:  
 How about if I just send you my lathe  :?:  :?:  :idea:  :lol:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"" I'll send you a pm with lot's of info. ".....

Gee KB ..The info will prolly go right over my head ..... :roll:  :oops:  
 How about if I just send you my lathe  :?:  :?:  :idea:  :lol:

Just the acronym is over my head. :?  :?  :?

I'm like.... Oh... electrons.  :shock:  Never mind. :lol:
Matt

348tripower

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Yup!
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Killed 2 scorpions in the back yard saturday evening.

It is quiet in the house again, we are empty nesters.  LOL  

My brother & his wife moved into their apartment on friday and saturday.  They did not have much to move.  The Cheewawa dog went with them too.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Yup!

I have a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with the 5.7 Hemi. I just rolled 28,500 on itb yesterday afternoon returning from a trip down south. 3000 miles averaging 22.5 for the trip. The jeep isn't a lightweight by any means. I run it hard...sounds just like the LS in my Caddie CTS-V but shifts automatically. I'm hoping your new engine does better.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I mounted the tach sensor and the readouts. The spindle was counter bored for the magnet. Nothing earth shattering but the tach does work. :)

You  say "magnet" ...  there is just one magnet that triggers the sensor for spindle speed?    just curious
Tony

kb426

Tony, that is correct. Whatever is programmed into the unit compensates for different diameters. That's why I was pleasantly surprised it works. The free rpm is very similar to the spindle speed listed on the chart for the gear changes.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, that is correct. Whatever is programmed into the unit compensates for different diameters. That's why I was pleasantly surprised it works. The free rpm is very similar to the spindle speed listed on the chart for the gear changes.

OK ...  the minimum magnets I have seen used for  RPM pickup is 2 .  Interesting.
Tony

idrivejunk

Drove my GT yesterday at lunch. Probably been a year or two.  Still drives nice. A new guy at work is pressuring me to sell it. As usual with me, it ain't that simple and explaining why isn't interesting. But if I still have it in July, that will make a decade of ownership. A decade of loss management is what it has been, with zero car fun. I had four tagged and insured when it began. :roll:
Matt

phat46

Finished this painting today, 16" X 24", acrylic on hard board. That's Si, from Duck Dynasty, checking the mirror, and Darius Rucker in the other seat. Taken from the Wagon Wheel video.

kb426

Tony, I have a thought about the lathe tach: with one magnet, the sensor only knows the time from each impulse. The pc chip is programmed to gauge the impulses solely by time and not any distance. More pulses in less time equals more rpm. Does that sound correct?
TEAM SMART

kb426

The parts arrived for the little Honda. If it would stop raining, I'd be ready to go. :)
TEAM SMART