What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "Crosley"Roofers are still working on my house.  Day 3 today...  I must return to work, cant watch over them today.  8)

Good luck with that. A few years ago I hired the "best" ($) roofing company in town, it turned into a nightmare...

I've had the same luck.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I hired the best local company for my son's roof a year ago. They sent out a crew that had very little exp. with metal. There's still some leaks. There weren't any leaks before. :) I don't know if I will end up repairing it or not. It has a 5 year warranty but it has to be fixed. If the roofer won't be responsible, it's cheaper for me to fix it than anything else that I know of. He and I may have a face to face but I'll probably be wasting my time. Some people have real thick skin. :) I spent another afternoon digging in the yard. There's not much left but I'm finding plenty of roots.
TEAM SMART

phat46

The company I hired for my roof is very reputable, at least at that time, which means busy. When they did my house I didn't get the A team, or the B team....they were riding bicycles and at least one had a tether on. I was quoted two days for the job....it took eight. They "worked" all day till after dark and I could see no progress. They got in lots of arguments and one guy ended up getting fired, LOUDLY, in my neighbors driveway. They ripped screens, busted chunks out of my siding, tore the lawn up....one of their compressor quit, so to speed things up I ran a line to my shop compressor. They were cutting the new sheathing on the ground with skill saws, I thought that was funny because I knew the blades were going to be shot, what I didn't know was they were doing the same thing on my flat roof on the back of my house, that they weren't reroofing. They laid sheets of OSB flat on the roof and cut them...right through the shingles. I had wanted five new vent cans added. I told them to put them on the west side where they would be less noticeable. After they finally finished, I saw that they put three on the west side and two on the east side...they left a length of flashing off where the back roof butts into the house...I knew they forgot it because it was laying in my backyard. When the company owner showed up for his moneyI told him, "not today, pal, there's a couple things" the first time it rained I had water pouring out of my bathroom doorframe....from the cuts they made THROUGH THE SHINGLES where they cut the sheathing. The owner got another earful and wove new shingles in where his crew had cut. Then he said he noticed my front porch was about due for fresh shingles so since I hadn't had the "best experience" with their company they would come back before Winter and do that for free......that was four years ago and I'm still waiting. ( I actually did it my self a couple years ago" ) I am still finding damage they did to my siding to this day, I hate to even look up at the house anymore...

kb426

^^^^^^
That's bad! I got off easy.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

RE: Roofers

I came home wednesday eve to No A/C ..  Even the circulating fan would not come on.  The Back side of the house roof was 95% finished.

A/C company was  called after I could not get the unit to come on after I checked circuit breakers, fuses at the ground unit..

Turns out the disconnect box in the attic for the air handler was vibrated enough from the hammering  from the roofers.  The fuse block you pull out to disconnect...  came loose.  That box is mounted to a brace on the roof truss...   The a/c tech pushed it in and the a/c unit came  on.   No charge for this visit.

the tech had to borrow my volt ohm meter to check voltages... he had left his tools back at the last house.  LOL   Wednesday was not a smooth day for a few of us.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^^
That's bad! I got off easy.

...and the water coming through my bathroom ceiling led to a new ceiling and door in the bathroom, which led to new electrical, new flooring, new tub/shower, new cabinets countertops, sink, lights,  etc, etc...🙄

Ohio Blue Tip

I've been working hard on the new 32.  Cleaning, painting and details.  New belts, hoses, plugs oil & filters, brake pads, brake shoes, tires and paint.  
Trying to get ready for the long hauls of summer.
Hope to see you all on the road.
Ken
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

chimp koose

bent up one of my gas tanks today . tank is 43" long and will have 2 baffles . Each baffle stops 1" from the top of the tank and has  a 3/8" gap about half way across the bottom , one in the middle , the other at the sides .

UGLY OLDS

Ken ..That Deuce is lookin' great  :!:  :!:  8)  8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I'm not the originator of this idea. Once again I turned a simple project into several hours. O&S at it's best. :) This setup is for the lathe. A tach for the spindle and the digital readouts for the carriage. The tach is 12 volt and the dro's are 3 volt. By using a zenier diode and a resistor, I was able to use a 12 volt wall wart and power both at the same time. No more 2032 batteries in the dro's. The black panel will be attached to a metal bracket after I decide where the best location is for it.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Where are you getting those DRO s and how much are they ? I need to fit up my mill and if they are reasonable ill do the lathe too .

kb426

C.K., I'll send you a pm with lot's of info.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"C.K., I'll send you a pm with lot's of info.

Send two.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Killed 5 scorpions in the yard this evening.   :shock:  

One scorpion came running out of the yard on to the driveway headed right at me as I stood there. So:  I stepped on it.  He was #5
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Got the news that the reman 5.7 has been shipped. :D
Don Colliau