What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Roof materials on the house for monday april 29th...  The under layment material is 20 yrs old under the concrete flat tile.  Some woood will need replaced too.

Easy way to spend a chunk of money.  Lot of labor invovled.  Probalby 100 or so tile will crack or break in half.  Nature of the beast I guess
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

This looks ready to ride, doesn't it? :) One mirror had been broke off and it was stuffed through the handlebar. I counterbored a bolt and welded the 2 together. I had all the headlight and taillight wiring finished and then I found out why they didn't work. The rectifier was dieing and fried the bulbs. The smoke was the giveaway. :) The good news is they still sell those. I'll place the order and wait. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"This looks ready to ride, doesn't it? :) One mirror had been broke off and it was stuffed through the handlebar. I counterbored a bolt and welded the 2 together. I had all the headlight and taillight wiring finished and then I found out why they didn't work. The rectifier was dieing and fried the bulbs. The smoke was the giveaway. :) The good news is they still sell those. I'll place the order and wait. :)

Very kool...  I remember these as a kid.  I had a regular Honda 50cc scoot when I was 13 or so... Not the Passport model.

For some reason my 50cc bike seemed fast in the back yard.. WHen I finally got the bike out in the desert. My buddies on 125 & 175cc bikes ran away from me like I was parked. You know what happened next.  LOL
Tony

chimp koose

just got back from 10 days in cancun . it is feeling kind of cold right now . We were told to expect snow tonight .

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"just got back from 10 days in cancun . it is feeling kind of cold right now . We were told to expect snow tonight .

Hope the road trip went well.   A friend of mine in Wisconsin sent me a photo of snow in his back yard today
Tony

chimp koose

got a good tan for a Canadian guy ! Not near as dark as some of the folks there . Had a good time .

416Ford

Quote from: "348tripower"Yesterday I got three more guys together to work on the wagon. The front clip came off in on piece! Then out with the engine and trans.  
9am start all done by 11:30 off to lunch at 12:00.  :shock: I wouldn't have thought it would go that well. Now the wait for the reman engine.

That's really working it. Engine, trans, and front clip in 2.5 hours.
When will the reman engine be coming? I thought you were doing an out and in weekend.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Crosley.In.AZ

A buddy came by sunday evening. Picking up a transmission I freshened up for his race car.  It was a tough visit.

He has been fighting cancer. Recent strong chemo treatments did nothing for him. He looks rough, thin, pale.  Says he will be selling the car when it is back together.  Most of his shop equipment has been sold.  He commented that he does not want much left behind for his wife to deal with on the cars.
Tony

Rrumbler

I'm sitting here reading this thread just now, not moving at all, and the floor gave the chair a little jig-jig-jog, got my attention, and then did it again.  Looked to see if the dog was under the chair, but nope - we must have had a hurthkwake.  They are a common thing here, many a day, but they seldom are felt, even by my sensitive shaker meter.  I need to go looking at the geological survey site to see if I am hallucinating, or something.  Had us a heck of a blow and rain storm this afternoon, too, floated my curb ramp ten feet or so down the gutter, and it is not light weight; also scattered trash bins all over the neighborhood.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "348tripower"Yesterday I got three more guys together to work on the wagon. The front clip came off in on piece! Then out with the engine and trans.  
9am start all done by 11:30 off to lunch at 12:00.  :shock: I wouldn't have thought it would go that well. Now the wait for the reman engine.

That's really working it. Engine, trans, and front clip in 2.5 hours.
When will the reman engine be coming? I thought you were doing an out and in weekend.

Things just worked out that I had help to take the clip off. The pulling of the engine was kind of a bonus. I have emailed the rebuilder and I am waiting for a response about the shipping date.
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Installed a 2nd set of drawer slides on my Snap-On roll cab Large drawer...  Bought new about 12 yrs ago.

Snap - On should have installed dual slides on this large drawer from new
Tony

chimp koose

I cut out the material to make my fuel tanks yesterday . I bead rolled one and got the pattern off square by almost 1" . It will be on the bottom of the tank and easy to see , so , I will cut that up to use for the top pieces that get welded on instead . The tanks will end up 7" square by 43" long and fit under the car between the running boards and the frame .

Crosley.In.AZ

Roofers are still working on my house.  Day 3 today...  I must return to work, cant watch over them today.  8)
Tony

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"Roofers are still working on my house.  Day 3 today...  I must return to work, cant watch over them today.  8)

Good luck with that. A few years ago I hired the "best" ($) roofing company in town, it turned into a nightmare...