What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Made a trip to the side of Wichita and picked this up. Another project of some kind. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Bike looks nice.  At one time I could ride wheelies on those.  Not any more though.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Made a trip to the side of Wichita and picked this up. Another project of some kind. :)

man:  that little scoot looks sweet.  Seems very complete too. Years back a co-worker found , bought & rode to work for a while,  a Honda Trail 110 ..
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Made a trip to the side of Wichita and picked this up. Another project of some kind. :)

Hey ...Wasn't Crosley just talking about getting one of those   :?:  :?:  :?:   Something about the price of gas or something ... :?  :?  :? ...

Bob .. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Today, I'm going to disassemble a lot of the Honda. I'm going to check everything before riding. It starts 1st kick and sounds fine. There is some oil in a few places so I'll see if there is some problems to repair before terrorizing the streets. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Here is what I did friday eve:  Amazon has whizzed me off a few times.  Slow delivery, slow initial ship from their storage facility.  I know it is their method to get folks to sign up for Prime service. We do not order enough to make the Prime deal worth the 13 dollars a month.  I see the "Amazon" delivery vehicles in my neighborhood each weekend

So;  last night I ordered a new cell phone battery. Since they push the Prime stuff so hard with "Free trial" ..  I signed up for 30 day Prime trial to have the battery kit delivered on sunday April 28th.

Funny  LOL; this saturday morning just hours after I placed the order friday evening:  Amazon has sent  me a message that the battery has shipped already.  :!:  .. They never ship that quickly when I have ordered before.  LOL
Tony

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"Here is what I did friday eve:  Amazon has whizzed me off a few times.  Slow delivery, slow initial ship from their storage facility.  I know it is their method to get folks to sign up for Prime service. We do not order enough to make the Prime deal worth the 13 dollars a month.  I see the "Amazon" delivery vehicles in my neighborhood each weekend

So;  last night I ordered a new cell phone battery. Since they push the Prime stuff so hard with "Free trial" ..  I signed up for 30 day Prime trial to have the battery kit delivered on sunday April 28th.

Funny  LOL; this saturday morning just hours after I placed the order friday evening:  Amazon has sent  me a message that the battery has shipped already.  :!:  .. They never ship that quickly when I have ordered before.  LOL

I have had Amazon Prime for a long time.  I used it almost daily. Auto parts, tools, things for the house, ....  However, buying from Amazon does not always mean the best price but it usually does and by a significant amount.  We do not have satellite or cable tv so we use Amazon Prime for movies.  It is the modern day Sears and Roebuck catalog.   Amazon Prime is one of the best investments I have ever made.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

I have Prime. Last Friday, at 10:00 p.m. I ordered a $7 item, it was on my porch before 10:00 a.m. On Sunday...yeah, Sunday...

kb426

I stripped all the racks and plastics from the Honda. Removed the front wheel and suspension. The headstock was loose so it was tightened and I welded up a broken spot weld on the metal that covers the tubular handlebar. Reassembled the front end and have most of the wiring back together. Enough fun for one day.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I cut , fitted, bent some 3/8 rebar into the shape of Arizona.  Gonna be another yard art project for my wife.  Will use some solar charged LED string lites to outline the edge at night.

I sketched the AZ outline on the floor with a soap stone marker... measures 3 foot high..  One side is easy to draw... the river side (west) I kinda matched up to some outlines I found online.

I do not have any metal for the base.  Will need to buy some.

Cut , fit , bent the rebar into shape.  Welded it.  First effort.  I may build a couple more.  I guess.  Maybe.
Tony

purplepickup

KB, that bike was quite a find. );b(  Nothing looks banged up, not even the front basket. Only 4K miles too. Are those saddle bag racks on the back?
George

348tripower

Yesterday I got three more guys together to work on the wagon. The front clip came off in on piece! Then out with the engine and trans.  
9am start all done by 11:30 off to lunch at 12:00.  :shock: I wouldn't have thought it would go that well. Now the wait for the reman engine.
We did pull the head and found the top land of the piston missing under the intake valve.  Seems to be one of the problems with the 5.7 Hemi. Pistons are weak.
Don Colliau

kb426

Don, hope it goes back together with ease. :) George, there are black vinyl bags that go in the side racks. With all the racks on this, you could haul moonshine! The sideracks appear to be Honda. I had never seen those before.
Tony, will there be something on the inside of the outline to add color or more visibility?
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"
Tony, will there be something on the inside of the outline to add color or more visibility?

Been thinking on that.  

My brother sugggested some steel in the center to divide the area up like the Counties in Arizona.  There are only 15 counties in AZ. Would not be too hard to build... Lots of straight lines on the county borders

Or:  another light in the center area to locate the current capital of AZ : Phoenix
Tony