What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"Went to a memorial service for my last uncle. He died on my dad's birthday three years after dad died. I am now the oldest male in the family.

I wish the best to you and your family. One uncle left and today I found out aunts may start real soon. Keep on keeping on. :arrow:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Went to a memorial service for my last uncle. He died on my dad's birthday three years after dad died. I am now the oldest male in the family.

Sorry to hear that Frank...
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Frank, sorry for your loss.
I'm gaining on the yard project but the amount of pain is commensurate with the progress. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Frank, I am sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

Bill, where are the rocks in your yard.  If I take out the grass, all I have is rocks.

I will post a shot of the trunk upholstery that I just finished.  I tried several photos but none of them really show what is involved.  There were compound curves on the wheel tubs, that big tube on the left is for the gas tank fill pipe, and the box to the right of the tire is the removable battery cover.  There is a removable panel under the tire that allows access to the fuel tank for access to the gauge sender and fuel pump.  I wanted to be able to get to each of them without dropping the gas tank.  An upholstrery shop would knock this out in a few hours.  It took me nearly 4 days.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Full brake job on the rear of my Silverado on sunday..  Drum brakes.  13+ years, 100k miles on them.

Drums, shoes, wheel cyl, hardware kits...  Geez... hope these last a while too
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

photo of finished rear  brake  job on my Silverado...  I had the drums off again today.  Recheck stuff.  the OCD in me.

GM only used these drum brakes about 3 years.
Tony

Charlie Chops 1940

I see GM has reinvented the simple system that worked well for 70 or 80 years.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Light duty this afternoon. I replace the pot in my welder pedal. It's back to 100%. A friend needed a special bed way cover for his mill when doing a special operation on heads. I took care of that and ordered some electronic components to hard wire a power source to the DRO's that eat those 2032 batteries. :) I'm not the inventor of the wiring but am capable of copying. :) I'm, now watching it rain on my yard project.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I see GM has reinvented the simple system that worked well for 70 or 80 years.

boy howdy...  very true, olde design worked well..  I did not have the special tool for the single return spring. It is a strong spring.  I had a bit of an argument with it.
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I see GM has reinvented the simple system that worked well for 70 or 80 years.

But it's 12 cents cheaper per truck, we'll save seven million dollars this way.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"

But it's 12 cents cheaper per truck, we'll save seven million dollars this way.

LOL ... likely true!   My 2000 Silverado had rear disc brakes.  This 2006 has drums on the rear. GM put larger rotors on the front with the drums... The rotors had a warping - hot spot problem.  I am on the 3rd set of rotors with the same pads for the last 98k miles.  :lol:
Tony

phat46

I finished a painting of a truck today, we should all know this one!

chris spokes

DUEL  8)  cool painting and cool movie
he who has the most toys wins

phat46

Quote from: "chris spokes"DUEL  8)  cool painting and cool movie
Thanks, I am debating with myself about lettering "Duel" behind the truck/smoke...🤔

UGLY OLDS

NEAT painting .....Your work is getting better & better ... 8)  );b(

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****