What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

My brother killed 2 scorpions out in the back yard wednesday night..

Still windy here.  Kooled down a bunch. One day ago  on the ride home from work, the Goldwing shows 98*F ... today it displayed 80*F

Weather guessers say possible rain on friday. 20% chance
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

Productive night last night in the garage. Installed the new remote for my power windows and trunk release. Installed a window switch in the trunk in case my remote ever dies again and wrapped up the wiring for my console dome light for the back seat.
Now I can put the seats back in it and get it cleaned up for summer.
Still need to get the defrosters fixed but the box is out and the bypass in installed.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

While tuning the air fuel ratio on the Hemi last Sunday it dropped a valve seat and hurt a piston. This is a problem with these engines. They also have issues with the MDS lifters failing and taking out the cam or lifters or push rods and rocker arms.
I have decided to spend the $3600.00 for a reman with a MDS bypass and valve seats that are pinned in.  It's a really bust in the balls but I don't want to look at a broken car.
The other * about this is the whole front clip has to come off to change it out. After I spent most of the winter tidying up loose ends. :oops:
Don Colliau

kb426

Good thinking, Dave. :) Don, I know that hurts. I hope the changeover goes smoothly.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Sounds like time for a Hellephant Don
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

It sounds like a good sized setback, but you need to remember that when the repairs are complete, it will return to being a REALLY nice car ....... 8)  8)
Hopefully more reliable than it was before...... );b(

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I spent a couple of hours removing the dash and interior wiring on the 88 f150. It's spring cleanup in a week and the city will haul off the junk for free. I want to get the rest of the cab off before then. The bare chassis is all that I intend to keep at this point.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Attended the Fuel Altereds - Nitro Funny car races in Tucson AZ on saturday.  Actually was my wife's idea to go.  A great time. Car count was down slightly.

Times in the mid 6's to low 7's... mph at 200 to 240.

The show included cars that run from the  16's to the low 9's as well.  Junior racers too

My wife has a problem knee.  She tolerated the walking well
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

lofat46

It was sunny and in the low 50's yesterday, took the coupe out to stretch its legs. Today, watching the snow fall all morning. There's about 3 inches on the ground and it's still falling. Thankfully, tomorrow supposed to be around 60. Staying in today and watching the Indy car race from Long Beach, CA.

kb426

I stopped doing yard work long enough to remove the cab from the 1988. Spring clean up is this week and I'm ready. :) All the junk is in a pile next to the dumpster.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"I stopped doing yard work long enough to remove the cab from the 1988. Spring clean up is this week and I'm ready. :) All the junk is in a pile next to the dumpster.

Bill, what happens if you cut say a half round of a coil off of one of those twin I bean front ends?  Would you still be able to align the front end?

It looks like it would effect the camber when you change the ride height but I wonder how much?  I will need to adjust the ride height of the Ranger project as the rear end flip to the top of the springs will drop the rear about 4 inches.  I know that all the weight of the new engine will drop the front some but I think I will need to drop it more.  I want to do it on the cheap.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, my suggestion is to pull the front springs and set ride height. Check your camber and see if it's acceptable. I think if you do some research on a Ranger forum, somebody can tell you if the shorter spring will give you the desired ride height and how much spring to cut off. I have very limited exp. with these front ends. I know when the twin I beam was new that all the front end shops bent the axles to adjust camber if it was off. With exp. they may have found a better way. Sorry I'm not much help. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

416Ford

Quote from: "348tripower"While tuning the air fuel ratio on the Hemi last Sunday it dropped a valve seat and hurt a piston. This is a problem with these engines. They also have issues with the MDS lifters failing and taking out the cam or lifters or push rods and rocker arms.
I have decided to spend the $3600.00 for a reman with a MDS bypass and valve seats that are pinned in.  It's a really bust in the balls but I don't want to look at a broken car.
The other * about this is the whole front clip has to come off to change it out. After I spent most of the winter tidying up loose ends. :oops:

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Ohio Blue Tip

Spring in Michigan!!!
I'm going back to bed.
Ken
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken