What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Dave, Kenny, and Vance stopped by this morning about 730 and we went to MOM"S for breakfast, a little fun pokin', and some semi-intelligent conversation. Good times. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Its been kind of a hectic week or so around here .... :?   We did get to meet some new members of our fire department ... :shock:
That was kinda neat I guess.... :roll:
The main question....Does this look like $7K  :?:  :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :?  :cry:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Today is our 2nd grand daughter Harley Olivia 20th birthday.  We held her when she was about 4 hours new.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Killed 5 scorpions tonight..  :shock:
Tony

kb426

Bob, are you saying you had a little fire that ended up with new heat and air?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Bob, are you saying you had a little fire that ended up with new heat and air?

It seems that the heat exchanger went bad in our furnace causing a fire inside the furnace cabinet every time the system cycled.. :shock:

Of course, we didn't find the problem in time .... :oops:  

It seems that the horrible smell we were chasing down was burning PVC pipes & the insulation pads inside the furnace cabinet  :shock:

We are VERY fortunate that the flames stayed inside the furnace housing .....This one could have had really bad results .....  :roll:

We salvaged what we could & replaced what we had to..... 8)

Note to everybody ......Burning PVC pipe smells REALLY horrible & from what I found online , it isn't very good for you..... :roll:  :oops:  :shock:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Bob, your purpose in life must have just not rolled around yet. Sucks to hear of your close call but glad to hear its OK now. When I was a kid, we had a Franklin stove. I answered the phone during supper and the neighbor asked if we knew there was six foot flames coming out of the chimney.  :shock:

Flue fire. We just heard a faint whistle like some logs make. Us humans have gotten mighty comfortable with nearby combustion, ain't we?

Thats a hellacious wallet hit though... hope you make it through that adventure unscarred also. Just do this-  :)  and be cozy.
Matt

kb426

For those of you that are unaware, when pvc burns, it emits cyanide gas fumes.
I spent part of the day doing yard word. I was curious so I hooked up a battery to the newest junk pile and primed it. It would fire but not take off on the fuel system. I believe the fuel tank might have more water than varnish but not enough gas to burn. I guess the next step will be to drop the tank and drain it. The good news is that without a bed on the frame, it's pretty easy to remove. :)
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Quote from: "enjenjo"Dave, Kenny, and Vance stopped by this morning about 730 and we went to MOM"S for breakfast, a little fun pokin', and some semi-intelligent conversation. Good times. :D

Thanks for breakfast Frank.
The ALL FORD swap meet needs to change the the name to 1960's and newer ford swap meet.  I say one emblem there for for my 46 Ford hood and Kenny came up empty on the 32 Ford parts.
I did however hit the jackpot for Vickie's car by finding the console parts and a new rear bumper. Vance was just along for the walk at the swap meet. He drove down to pick up his new Chevy II cowl hood from Jegs. All in all a good trip and a lot of BSing.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

WZ JUNK

I am looking for wheel options for my Ford Ranger project.  I contacted a company that will widen my existing stock wheels 2".  That will cost $600.00 including the freight to and from Michigan. I am looking at other options.  I am doing a little search for specs on the later model Mustang 5 Spoke wheels that look like the dark center American Racing 5 spoke wheels.  I would appreciate and thoughts on wheels.  I plan to use some drag radials in the 265 to 275 range.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Windy , windy , windy here...  you folks in middle America may see the same soon.
Tony

kb426

I woke up to winter again. We missed most of the snow but have the wind and below freezing temps again.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"I woke up to winter again. We missed most of the snow but have the wind and below freezing temps again.

I checked your weather this morning.  I often check the weather out your way and then I check it in northern Ohio and Michigan.

I found a source for my wheel widening locally.  Still waiting on the title for the project truck.

I bought two repair manuals for the truck project.  Neither of them shows the wiring for the oil pressure sender.  I will do a little more surfing on the net for that, or I will just look at a truck.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

lofat46

Replaced the Camaro Type LT wheel in the coupe with a new Banjo wheel.

kb426

John, the 1st 2 pics are of the 92 f150 wiring. The next is the 96 mustang which shows how a typical circuit is run. They both show a white - red wire.
TEAM SMART