What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

More deuce sedan pictures please 8)

kb426

Last thursday, my welder quit. I called the manufactuer on friday and was told there were no parts available. While working yesterday, it crossed my mind that the foot pedal might have broke. Today, I hooked up the thumb control and the welder still functions. I call asking about parts again. Same answer. There is a pot that takes the most abuse from action in the control. I ordered 4 from a retailer in China for $12.50 with shipping. I don't like doing that but I didn't want to spend $100 on a new pedal now that I know what the failure part is. I guess I should be happy there was parts available. This is the exact part the pedal was produced with. Should be no surprises. :)
TEAM SMART

Fat Cat

Quote from: "phat46"Yesterday one of my brothers and I drove home from the Florida state line in Alabama to Michigan, just over 1000 miles after spending three days helping another brother fix his workshop from hurricane damage from last fall, we replaced 13 sections of the metal building and repaired the wood front wall. Nice weather, but one heck of a drive. We went down on Tuesday, two days after I drove 800 miles home from Raleigh N.C. I'm staying home for a while...

You were in Raleigh and didn't even stop by on you way back home. Shame on you.

Charlie Chops 1940

Good luck with the chemo treatments Doug. We're all pulling for ya!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "phat46"Yesterday one of my brothers and I drove home from the Florida state line in Alabama to Michigan, just over 1000 miles after spending three days helping another brother fix his workshop from hurricane damage from last fall, we replaced 13 sections of the metal building and repaired the wood front wall. Nice weather, but one heck of a drive. We went down on Tuesday, two days after I drove 800 miles home from Raleigh N.C. I'm staying home for a while...

You were in Raleigh? I was there for nine days.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "sirstude"Going in this afternoon to get a "port" put in me.  Starting chemo tomorrow.  The last month has been interesting as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer just over a month ago.  It has spread to the bone and a lymph node so the current treatment plan is aggressive.  I have been checked every year for the last 15 or so because of an enlarged prostate.  A couple of years ago the psa numbers started to rise and last year they did a special test that showed no cancer/  This year the psa took a BIG jump so did a biopsy and found cancer with high Gleason numbers.  Few more tests and scans and here I go.  

Doug

Wishing you  the  best.  

Yes, cancer sucks.  A  buddy I've known from grade school is in treatment for prostate cancer... another buddy is under treatment for melanoma.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Quote from: "phat46"

No I live in Greensboro now. Moved here last November.

phat46

Quote from: "phat46"

No I live in Greensboro now. Moved here last November.

Ahh, I did not know that. Maybe we can stop sometime, we usually go by there just before 6 a.m., you put coffee on, I'll bring the BoBerry Biscuits...😉

kb426

Today, we had a little temp inversion. The 1st day of 80 degrees since last year. :) I've been having some starting issues with the 32. My selections were the ignition switch and the distributor. I pulled the distributor and replaced the pickup module and the TFI module. You have to pull the distributor shaft to do the pickup module so it got cleaned and greased. The drive gear looked poor so I removed the one off the spare I keep and installed it. I installed a remote mount kit that I bought about 7 years ago for the TFI. :) 200 hundred miles down the road, everything on the front of the 32 is the same temp so I don't know if I accomplished anything with this. I know the ignition switch is part of the problem now so it will be replaced also. I bought a Ford switch from the 70's that has a double sided key to install. I need to machine a bezel to space it properly 1st. It will involve removing the dash and changing the wiring harness some to do the install.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Temperature jumped here..  go figure.   I see 85 to 90*F   on the ambient temp display on the Goldwing.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I worked some more on the sun visors for the 54 Chevy and I think we have something that will work.  There is a local cruise night tonight but it is 40 degrees and there is a stiff north wind.  I think I will stay home.  I am going to a nostalgia race at the local drag strip tomorrow.  The weather man says sunny with a high in the 40s after a morning start in the 20s but the wind will be blowing in off of the Kansas prairie.  Come on summer.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

416Ford

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Haven't got my truck completed again this year (Old & Slow) Sooooo, brought home a new summer ride for this year.
1932 Ford sedan, all steel, SBC, 700 Trans, A/C.
See ya on the road.

Nice looking ride Kenny.  :b-d:  );b(  );b(
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

I woke up to an inch of snow. It melted off quickly but the high was 43 degrees. It will be 30 more days before the weather is warmer but will still be unstable. Spring is a test for a summer lover. :)
TEAM SMART