What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "chimp koose"More deuce sedan pictures please 8)

More photos, taking it apart for some maintenance, belts, fluids, plugs etc,
Ken
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

UGLY OLDS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  NEAT   8)  8)  8)  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Me Likey  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Looks like a well built driver. My kind of car. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I spent the afternoon cleaning out the shop. There's a lot less grinding dust in there than when I began. I only threw away stuff that shouldn't be reused. Now that the 72 is drivable, the room for mistakes is smaller. :) I didn't want to mix fabbing dirt with body shop dirt. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Killed a scorpion a few days ago in the back yard...  Saturday nite 3-30-19 , I killed 3 scorpions in the back yard.

Cleaned up my shop a bit.  Moved some tools & tool boxes around.

My brother and his wife are with us for a short while.  With a cheewawa dog... they are moving back To AZ after a couple years in CT with their daughter and her family.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

spent some time on the T today . I made end caps the width and height of what i think will work for saddle tanks . I tacked some bars to them to make them the same length as what i want to run for tanks . Trial fitting went ok . It looks as though I will have to remove the lower bar of the front 4 bar and raise the car about 4" in the front to be able to remove the tanks if the need arises . I want to have the option of removing the tanks without removing fenders and aprons if possible . I also wanted 15 gallon capacity and have it at this point .

enjenjo

I sold my 2001 Escape today. I kind of felt bad as it drove away, I have been driving it for 12 years and 100,000 miles. :cry:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Well yesterday my hair started to fall out from the chemo 2 weeks ago, so shaved it off.  Never thought how cold my head would be after that.  Anyway, other than that no after effects so far.  

Today's plan is to rust prevent the inside of the rocker panels on the Oldsmobile.  I built them long ago and never had gotten around to doing anything with the inside of them.   Soon as that is done, the front fenders can go back on for good.  We got the passenger door aligned the other day, and what I thought was the body panel being off to the door edge was only the fact that the door was about 1/8 inch low.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

Put the fenders on today for the last time.  Still need just a bit of adjustment, but there to stay.  Now I get to mount the steering tank to the fender and get rid of the board.  Sure feels good to get that done.  This little hummer will be about 20 feet long
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

The Olds is going to look great.  Made me think of "Big Olds" and Denise.  I sure miss that gal.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"The Olds is going to look great.  Made me think of "Big Olds" and Denise.  I sure miss that gal.

John

Me too.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "sirstude"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"The Olds is going to look great.  Made me think of "Big Olds" and Denise.  I sure miss that gal.

John

Me too.

She is still around, mostly on Facebook. She still has Big Olds but hasn't driven it in a couple years. A lot of traveling in her new job.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I've spent a lot of this week doing yard work. However: this is the latest addition to the project collection. From decoding the vin it is a 1988 f150 short wheelbase pickup. 5.0 efi with a c6 auto, 8.8 rear non posi with something from 3.55 to 4.11 ratio. It had been rolled so that is why there's little of the cab left and the bed is gone.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I've spent a lot of this week doing yard work. However: this is the latest addition to the project collection. From decoding the vin it is a 1988 f150 short wheelbase pickup. 5.0 efi with a c6 auto, 8.8 rear non posi with something from 3.55 to 4.11 ratio. It had been rolled so that is why there's little of the cab left and the bed is gone.

Project collection for a power train ?  Or: another truck themed  project?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Tony, maybe both. I was expecting an aod trans. The c6 surprised me. I'm going to see if it runs in the next couple of weeks depending on the weather. After finding out the condition of the running gear, I will be closer to making a decision.
TEAM SMART