What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Thanks all for your support.  Just finished up my first chemo and all went well, and the psa is down from 24+ to 4 with the hormone treatment.  That is a really good number with only 2 weeks since I got the shot, I was told by the Onc.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

papastoyss

Quote from: "sirstude"Going in this afternoon to get a "port" put in me.  Starting chemo tomorrow.  The last month has been interesting as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer just over a month ago.  It has spread to the bone and a lymph node so the current treatment plan is aggressive.  I have been checked every year for the last 15 or so because of an enlarged prostate.  A couple of years ago the psa numbers started to rise and last year they did a special test that showed no cancer/  This year the psa took a BIG jump so did a biopsy and found cancer with high Gleason numbers.  Few more tests and scans and here I go.  

Doug
Hang in there buddy, Cancer sucks! I lost both my parents to cancer & my son has beaten it twice
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Crosley.In.AZ

Received the correct  parts kit for a thm-350 transmittin.   Shipped back the thm-400 kit I was sent by mistake.

Also received a new vacuum pump tool kit.  Ordered on eBay.  Same design of the unit I have owned for decades.. Will post a photo or 3 on the tool thread
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I brought home the 1993 Ranger I bought for my 460 engine.   The truck is a little rough but not bad for 25 years old.  I can not find any rust but it does have a few dents.   I will start acquiring parts but I do not plan to start on this project until June.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I brought home the 1993 Ranger I bought for my 460 engine.   The truck is a little rough but not bad for 25 years old.  I can not find any rust but it does have a few dents.   I will start acquiring parts but I do not plan to start on this project until June.John
I fell in love with the new body style and that bed design when I first saw it. It was in our local mall when all of the local dealers when showing off the new '93 models. I saw it on my first trip out of the hospital after my accident. It's a "Splash" isn't it? I've got a '03 that I bought 4 years ago (took a while to fulfill my dream).and it has the independent suspension on the front end. If you want to lower it plan on reworking the rear of the frame for axle clearance  and for the front end I always thought it might be best to just loose all of that twin "I" beam stuff and put in a Mustang II cross member. Losing the steering box for a rack might leave you with a little more room for that engine GPster

sirstude

That is going to be a FUN ride.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

I've looked for a Splash for ever and he finds one in a week. Sheesh. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

460 with a C4 trans.. should be a runner
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ohio Blue Tip

Haven't got my truck completed again this year (Old & Slow) Sooooo, brought home a new summer ride for this year.
1932 Ford sedan, all steel, SBC, 700 Trans, A/C.
See ya on the road.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

kb426

TEAM SMART

39deluxe

348tripower

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Haven't got my truck completed again this year (Old & Slow) Sooooo, brought home a new summer ride for this year.
See ya on the road.

Sweet!!!!!!!
Don Colliau

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Haven't got my truck completed again this year (Old & Slow) Sooooo, brought home a new summer ride for this year.
See ya on the road.

Wow, you are uptown now.  Nice car.  Hope to see you soon.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Yesterday one of my brothers and I drove home from the Florida state line in Alabama to Michigan, just over 1000 miles after spending three days helping another brother fix his workshop from hurricane damage from last fall, we replaced 13 sections of the metal building and repaired the wood front wall. Nice weather, but one heck of a drive. We went down on Tuesday, two days after I drove 800 miles home from Raleigh N.C. I'm staying home for a while...

chimp koose

started building a column shifter for the T . I am kind of copying the one limewire makes but it will end just under the column drop and activate a cable mechanism just behind the dashboard rather than go through the floor like the limeworks one . The cable idea will work much like the one on my 98 ranger . I am skipping around a bit on what I am doing on this build but after a while of needing motivation I have come to realize this is a hobby not a job . I will do what interests me right now and continue with the rest when motivation for those tasks returns  :)