What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I spent an embarrassing amount of time installing Linux Ubuntu of the computer that I use just for messing with music. It's old enough that it has xp pro on it. Some of the software I have won't work on linux but the linux will allow me to do things that xp won't because it's unsupported. I saved the Igaging dro's from my old mill. I have the one for the head installed. I will install one on the spindle but I need to think about it some. There are obstacles to work around. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

made some king pins for my daughters friend. They are for a cheap chinese quad . They will out live the quad i am sure .

WZ JUNK

It is 20 degrees and the temperature is dropping.  I shoveled a path to the shop and filled the wood furnace, but I may stay in the house today.  I think I will turn the tv on to the nascar race this afternoon and take a nap.  The Anglia job is done except for installing a sensor for the oil pressure signal to the computer.  It should be here tomorrow.  My get up and go has got up and went, but tomorrow is another day.  It is a warm spot for me and a good book now.  I will daydream of a hot summer day, with the windows rolled down, behind the wheel of something loud and fast.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

It's 6 degrees here. I'm swapping computer drives around. I haven't cleaned all the snow off yet but I will a little later today. The wind isn't as strong as predicted so the drive might stay clean after I finish. Most everybody I know is tired of winter. That would include me. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

55*F at 9 am here...  snow has melted.

:lol:  . . . . .  :lol:

I pulled the olde RRT clock off the wall for repair.  I took the battery out yrs ago. The paper face print had wrinkled up a bit , that caused the clock hand to stick.  This morning I used some spray glue to mount the print flat to the clock base.

Clock seems to work well with a new battery....  I've had this clock a long time
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I spent the last 2 afternoons going through my photo archive on my storage disks. I have processed better than 13,000 files. The 1st dates are in 2006 and the last are of 2018. I'm planning on doing a better job of organizing in the future. :) I finished all the hard drive upgrades over the weekend so if it ever warms up, I can get busy. :)
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"
Clock seems to work well with a new battery....  I've had this clock a long time
Mine's still ticking away too 8)
George

WZ JUNK

I took Felix home today.  The last part I needed arrived on Monday and the weather was good enough to take it home today.  I acquired a 460 big block Ford engine and now I am looking at different options as to what kind of vehicle I will install it.  I am really looking at a mid 90s Ranger.  The best candidate would be some model of a Chevrolet so that I could upset the Ford and the Chevy guys with one vehicle.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

One more task completed. :) This is very plain but effective. This is the spindle dro. I now have dro on every axis. I didn't want to drill into the gearbox with the top mount so I made this little bracket. It has an offset to hold the scale out far enough to allow the spindle measuring scale bolt to be connected to the reader on the dro. I have cable management left and the mill will be ready for blind guys to operate it. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

today i tack welded the front frame brackets on that position the rad and front fender mounts . I did a mock up with the pass side front fender and rad shell and hood sides on to see if there would be any problems . Minor issues found but it was sure nice to see the car in a more complete state . I think i needed to see the car this way to get some motivation . i have been sick and suffering the winter blahs .

Crosley.In.AZ

Online orders are not going well for me lately.

THM-350 Transmission kit I orderd ....  they sent a thm-400 kit.  Now to deal with correcting that. I guess it keeps the systems busy. LOL
Tony

WZ JUNK

I fired the free Ford 460, that my neighbor gave me, this morning .   It idles smooth and has no knocks or pings.  I had pulled the plugs and you could see the shiny new pistons.  I will hook up a radiator to it next and check for water leaks and cracks.  If it passes that test I will start looking for something to build around this engine.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

idrivejunk

I put an intake gasket on the 455 today. After an expected IDJ level of added drama, I can quit calling her Puddles. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

13 years and 6 months  my ol 2006 Silverado bought new in September 2005 has turned over 100K miles.  It was saturday morning on the way to work.

:T)
Tony

kb426

Tony, that's 7407 per year. Does the goldwing get used the same number per year? :)
TEAM SMART