What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

My brother Sam drove his 57 Ford here yesterday.  He brought our dads 1956 Grumman canoe to pass it on to be used by my sons, and my daughters families.  My dad, mom, me, my three brothers, and many other friends and family have spent many days floating streams and fishing in this boat.  Now it is time for a new generation.  

The shot is from yesterday morning of my brothers car and the boat and trailer on the Devils Elbow bridge on Route 66.  This is the bridge where we placed our parents ashes in the the Big Piney river.  Note that he has a set of bias tires on his car in the photo.  We plan to make some black and white photos of this and it would be almost period perfect.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, that's 7407 per year. Does the goldwing get used the same number per year? :)

Goldwing mileage per year is around 10 to 12k miles. I have not taken a vacation on the bike in several years.  Usually ride around 3k miles in a week when on vaca if I am alone. If the wife is with me , I do not ride 14 - 16 hours a day to get some where
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Vehicle maintenance day...    Change engine and transmission oils on the Silverado..

New front brakes on the wife's Civic Honda car.  Ran some fresh brake fluid thru the lines too.

Sprayed the front yard granite with a pre-emergent chemical to slow the growth of weeds.  It's an Arizona thing.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Going in this afternoon to get a "port" put in me.  Starting chemo tomorrow.  The last month has been interesting as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer just over a month ago.  It has spread to the bone and a lymph node so the current treatment plan is aggressive.  I have been checked every year for the last 15 or so because of an enlarged prostate.  A couple of years ago the psa numbers started to rise and last year they did a special test that showed no cancer/  This year the psa took a BIG jump so did a biopsy and found cancer with high Gleason numbers.  Few more tests and scans and here I go.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

I'm praying for you Doug. You're a strong person. Stay positive as you're dealing with the treatments.
George

UGLY OLDS

Hang in there Doug ...We too will have you in our prayers ...Like George says , don't get discouraged...

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Good luck with your treatment Doug.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Hope your treatment goes well .

phat46

Good luck Doug, you got this! 👍

kb426

Best wishes, Doug. Most of us know this will be difficult.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Today was a day of rest, sort of, yesterday I drove 800 miles  from Raleigh to home in Michigan. Tomorrow, my brother and I leave at 5:00 a.m. for southern Alabama, about 1200 miles, to help my oldest brother fix his shop that was damaged by the hurricane last year. Three days of work there then 1200 miles back...😧

idrivejunk

Doug, steady as she goes. Hang on tight.
Matt

chimp koose

set up a 2 stroke cyl pot in my big lathe to bore out . Takes forever to set it up and get it dialed in as there was almost nothing to hold with the 4 jaw . It is now half way to max bore size and the top half of the cyl is nearly cleaned up . I am hoping the bottom half will clean up within the next .020 or its time for a new pot . Doing this one for my daughters acreage golf cart . I would like to raise the compression ratio a bit if I can as well .

348tripower

Quote from: "sirstude"Going in this afternoon to get a "port" put in me.  Starting chemo tomorrow.  The last month has been interesting as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer just over a month ago.  It has spread to the bone and a lymph node so the current treatment plan is aggressive.  I have been checked every year for the last 15 or so because of an enlarged prostate.  A couple of years ago the psa numbers started to rise and last year they did a special test that showed no cancer/  This year the psa took a BIG jump so did a biopsy and found cancer with high Gleason numbers.  Few more tests and scans and here I go.  

Doug

Good luck Doug!
Don Colliau

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "sirstude"Going in this afternoon to get a "port" put in me.  Starting chemo tomorrow.  The last month has been interesting as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer just over a month ago.  It has spread to the bone and a lymph node so the current treatment plan is aggressive.  I have been checked every year for the last 15 or so because of an enlarged prostate.  A couple of years ago the psa numbers started to rise and last year they did a special test that showed no cancer/  This year the psa took a BIG jump so did a biopsy and found cancer with high Gleason numbers.  Few more tests and scans and here I go.  

Doug

My thoughts are with you friend.  Let us hope for a speedy recovery.  This morning was my biannual wellness checkup.  I had them do the psa test.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH