1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Modern colors look SO good the classic lines. Congratulations on this milestone, Don. It looks delicious from here. Thats a lot of square feet to polish! Are you going for mirror-like show car finish or just a standard de-nib and polish?
Matt

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

348tripower

I gotta tell everybody that never in a million years would I have thought this car could come out so nice. I just got home from looking at it. Between the three of us this thing is flat and smooth. :D We will be moving it from the shop to the painters house on Monday and I will follow up with more pictures.
I'm wound up like an eight day clock!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Looks GREAT Don ... That is a PERFECT color for that body style ...It's gonna look even better when completed .. 8)  :b-d:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

looks good.  Wish I could get moving forward on projects... old or new.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Moved the car to the painters house today. :D It was zero outside

Don Colliau

416Ford

What the schedule look like for getting it back to your place?
Color look good, darker then mine so the chrome will really look good with it.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

purplepickup

Isn't it great when a plan comes together? Looks really good Don.
George

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

moose

Looks like they got good flow. smooth paint is nice! Are you going to assemble it at the painters or just thee to block and polish?

kb426

Zero or not, the smiles are great! Estimated time to completion?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Looks GREAT !!   Is that REAL smoke from the tailpipe  :?:  :?:     It runs   :?:  :?:   It's alive  :?:  :?:  
Too cold  :?:    Turn the heater on, silly ...  :lol:  :lol:

It really looks good ...That's gonna be a head turner for sure ..... :b-d:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Painter will sand and polish. Yes it runs. We will move it back to my shop for the final assembly and interior I hope. :D Completion time? Do I really have to think about that too?  :roll:
Don Colliau

kb426

Your 1st post was on January of 2014. So you're only 3 years in this. If you get to moving, you can beat my time of 3 years, 3 months and 3 days on the 51. :) All that's really important is I believe all the regulars are very happy for you and  we want lots of updates with pics! I'm so pleased that your project didn't end up in paint jail. This has to be a great Christmas present to you. :)
TEAM SMART