1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

Very impressive! Can't wait to see it out in the sun!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

UGLY OLDS

I Likey  :!:  :!:     Looks GREAT  8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Oh Man, Excellent work! :shock:

Is this going to be the giveaway car at RRT canopy village in Kalamazoo this year? I'll buy at least a dozen $1 tickets :wink:
George

kb426

Yes it is! And by the way, the trash can is full. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Metallic grey sure has changed from the lacquer days, hasn't it? That deep shine looks fantastic with the bright trim in place  8)

You are gonna turn some heads with that ride, man. And when they get past the initial flashy stun and look at what it is... they will realize how much talent was involved. Awesome.

Is that 3" masking tape?  :shock:
Matt

416Ford

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Is that 3" masking tape?  :shock:

It a wheel chock.  :)

Looking good Don. Are you on schedule or are you falling behind for your intended schedule? I don't see interior or glass yet...
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"Is that 3" masking tape?  :shock:

It a wheel chock.  :)

QuoteLooking good Don. Are you on schedule or are you falling behind for your intended schedule? I don't see interior or glass yet...

Hey ...Give him a break ....The Rear A/C is installed ....The gas cap is on ...It takes time to sweep before photos ...All that stuff takes time ..... 8)

Bob... :wink:

348tripower

I emptied the trash on Thursday. I don't have a schedule. Too busy working on daily drivers to schedule this car. :shock: I picked up the dash and front fenders yesterday. Hope to have the fenders on Sunday. Glass guy is coming this afternoon to start the install.  :D  The interior guy was supposed to get with me this week. He is MIA. Yes that is 3" masking tape. I was buying supplies for this build and bought some of that. :) Not a give away car but as Bob suggested I think I will be setting up a table and selling tickets for rides around the fair grounds. Need to recoup some of the investment.  :lol:
 Anyway, Thanks for all the compliments. I think my idea of leaving the outside of this at pretty much a stock appearance really highlights the color with the trim on it.
 Scott had suggested this grey when we first started tearing into this rusty POS. I was at the painters and saw the color on a Dodge truck. Brian said that's the grey you were talking about. So I said go ahead and paint it with that. It was a one minute decision. I was worn out trying to make a color selection. It looks like it paid off this time.
 I owe the flat and smooth part to my pal Scott, myself and Brian the painter.
Now I know why my elbows started hurting about a year ago. :shock:
I'll post more as I forge ahead!
Bob,
The paper on the floor came off the chrome. I had it all wrapped up for safe keeping. It's still on the floor. Maybe today I'll sweep. :P
Don Colliau

kb426

I agree with your thought on the outside. It seems that all graphics can date a car somehow. Plain color lasts a real long time. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

What he said ..^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^     8)
 But hurry up & sweep...You never know when Glen may visit ..... :shock:  :lol:

348tripower

Still have to get the hood lined up better but its coming along!
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Boy ...That is looking GOOD.. 8)  8)    Nice clean floor in the last shot...Glen will approve ..... 8)  :lol:

kb426

Looking good. Looking out your window and seeing snow makes me glad I'm where I'm at. :)
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

I'll bet you're being REEEL careful with parts & pieces at this point. Don't want to nick that shiny paint. Looks real good Don );b(
George

idrivejunk

It has to be pretty exciting in anticipation of cruising this work of art. I bet there are lots of "little" grins involved  :D

On the tape, I just don't think I had ever actually seen 3". Thats a smart thing to have handy right about now. :wink:
Matt