1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I finally took the time to get some pictures of my new project. I am installing a 2013 5.7 Hemi and A580 Trans. It already has a later 8 3/4 rear with 323 gears. This is a very solid car and shouldn't take a long time to build. My only problem is I have become so busy repairing daily drivers that the build time suffers. But, cash is king. Sorry I don't have any better pictures of the roller.

Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Looks good Don...    What are your plans for the monster hole in the center of the dash ???  I suspect you will be using the stock gauge cluster & also retaining the glove box the size of the trunk in my Olds ..... :lol:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Looks good Don...    What are your plans for the monster hole in the center of the dash ???  I suspect you will be using the stock gauge cluster & also retaining the glove box the size of the trunk in my Olds ..... :lol:

Bob..... :wink:

Well I am thinking about using it for air conditioning outlets. We will see. Looks like I will have to build my own evaporator unit nothing will fit the small space I have.
Don Colliau

kb426

Looks easy enough for a guy who did a COE! Post details when you have time.
TEAM SMART

Flipper

Why so much engine set-back?

purplepickup

I really like those suburbans.  The work you've done so far is right up to par for you.  It's going to be a nice car.  Keep us posted on your progress. :D
George

jaybee

I was noticing the big firewall recess as well, looks to me this is partly because it's a small car. Should really scoot.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

348tripower

Quote from: "Flipper"Why so much engine set-back?

So I can use the stock front dress. It ended up being a 10" set back. Still plenty of room inside and room up front for a radiator and fan.
Don Colliau

moose

Nice looking project Don. Is it yours or customers?

348tripower

Quote from: "moose"Nice looking project Don. Is it yours or customers?

Its mine  :D
Don Colliau

papastoyss

Does the intake tube say ACME? Did you buy this from someone named Wiley E. Coyote?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

jaybee

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "Flipper"Why so much engine set-back?

So I can use the stock front dress. It ended up being a 10" set back. Still plenty of room inside and room up front for a radiator and fan.

That's as good a reason as any. You'll have great front/rear weight distribution, so that's a plus.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

348tripower

Quote from: "papastoyss"Does the intake tube say ACME? Did you buy this from someone named Wiley E. Coyote?

Silly guy! :D
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Quote from: "Crosley"running yet?  8)

I wish :lol:   Just got the new wheels the other day. Pictures to follow.
Don Colliau