1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Quote from: "348tripower"The wagon is headed to the painter about 5pm on Friday! :D

It's about time, I thought I was going to have kids before you got the wagon painted. :D
You going to let us in on the paint scheme or did you give the painter the freedom to choose?
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "348tripower"The wagon is headed to the painter about 5pm on Friday! :D

It's about time, I thought I was going to have kids before you got the wagon painted. :D
You going to let us in on the paint scheme or did you give the painter the freedom to choose?

Gray :shock:
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "416Ford"

Gray :shock:

Dave ... Maybe  he wanted to match his hair  :?:  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Jewelry! They had problems trying to plate this all assembled. So here it is stripped and polished. Looks good from here. I'll have my hands on it Saturday :D The car is at paint. May have color next week :)

Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Shiney parts !!   8)  
Looks good against the grey carpeting .... 8)  
 NOW GET THOSE CAR PARTS OUT OF THE HOUSE  :!:  :!:  :evil:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:

416Ford

Looks good Don.
Who ended up doing it for you? Is that a three step process....
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

TEAM SMART

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"Looks good Don.
Who ended up doing it for you? Is that a three step process....

I don't know about the process. All I know is that they chrome plated it twice and stripped it both times due to poor plating. So the answer was to polish the stainless and leave it stainless!
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "348tripower"

I don't know about the process. All I know is that they chrome plated it twice and stripped it both times due to poor plating. So the answer was to polish the stainless and leave it stainless!

ah... ok. I understand now.  It looks dang good
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Personally I like the polished stainless better than chrome. It should go good with the gray color. They did a really good job too.
George

348tripower

Quote from: "purplepickup"Personally I like the polished stainless better than chrome. It should go good with the gray color. They did a really good job too.

Ill have to wait till Wednesday to see it. New tracking info :shock:
416ford,
Reds Parts Attic and chrome plating in Texas did the job.
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Quote="purplepickup"]Personally I like the polished stainless better than chrome. It should go good with the gray color.

I agree .. 8)   Are you still considering the graphics on the quarters  :?:

Bob.. :wink:

chris spokes

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote="purplepickup"]Personally I like the polished stainless better than chrome. It should go good with the gray color.

I agree .. 8)   Are you still considering the graphics on the quarters  :?:

Bob.. :wink:

I like this style  http://s178.photobucket.com/user/dcolliau/media/Suburban/greayhemi%20suburban_zpswp47spid.jpg.html
he who has the most toys wins

348tripower

Don Colliau

kb426

I'm excited for you! It's almost like getting your own Christmas present. :)
TEAM SMART