Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Quote from: "348tripower"In the booth :D
[/URL]

How close to the Ford color is this Don? It looks like mine did before we did all the sanding.

Both of my pictures are before sanding.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

416Ford

At this time I really like the color too.
:)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"At this time I really like the color too.
:)

I hope its not a match :shock:
This part is sanded and polished :D
Don Colliau

416Ford

Looks nice. Is it a high metallic? Or just a really nice shade of gray.
Either way it looks good and I hope you get it home soon.

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"Looks nice. Is it a high metallic? Or just a really nice shade of gray.
Either way it looks good and I hope you get it home soon.

I really don't know how much metallic it has in it. This color was suggested by some other people and I liked the idea so off we went.  :shock:
I have seen Dodge trucks and Jeeps in this color and I liked it.
Now with any luck this thing will have color next week!  :D
Don Colliau

idrivejunk

It does look like a "high metallic" to me. A light-ish color with lots of aluminum flakes and maybe some pearl. Looks like it was sprayed well, too. Congratulations on getting to this stage, it must be a thrill! 8)
Matt

348tripower

Quote from: "idrivejunk"It does look like a "high metallic" to me. A light-ish color with lots of aluminum flakes and maybe some pearl. Looks like it was sprayed well, too. Congratulations on getting to this stage, it must be a thrill! 8)
It is high metallic I just got back from moving the car to the building with the booth. And yes I am excited!
Don Colliau

348tripower

Wow! We finally made the paint booth :D

Don Colliau

416Ford

It's getting there Don. And looking good.

Are they assembling it after paint or is it going back to your place in pieces?

kb426

How many more days in the booth before it comes out? Are you going to let it sit for a few weeks before buffing?
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Makes me smile :D  Happy for you.
George

348tripower

Don Colliau

348tripower

I am going to go look at the car today.  :D  Can't hardly wait till 12:00. Taking the painter to lunch.
Don Colliau

kb426

Looking at this was a pleasant way to start the day. I hope you don't take the painter to Mc Donalds. :)
TEAM SMART