1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Very nice. Is that a Nav screen behind the steering wheel?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Good progress! I assume you had to work some to help the turkey disappear. :)
TEAM SMART

348tripower

I am really close to the paint stage so it was time to drill the holes for the molding clips. That way everything will get sealed with the final primer coat.

Don Colliau

kb426

TEAM SMART

416Ford

Looking great. Did you op for or against the HEMI on the side?
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

slocrow

I was wondering the HEMI issue myself. It has really grown on me but it may be the two shades of gray/silver that I'm partial too. Either way it is still your car but I do like the idea, though a rake might help the picture.
Nice job regardless!!!
Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

348tripower

No decision on the color or the HEMI graphic yet.  The car does have about 2 inches of rake its hard to see on the hoist in the pictures.  :D
Don Colliau

348tripower

Its been really cold here in Michigan so I used up some energy polishing this grille. I still wish I could find a plater to tackle this project. Everyone I talk too seems to think these are riveted together.  Not the case. All spot welds and a bunch of them.

Don Colliau

416Ford

Just paint it black to match the wheels and paint.  :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: 348tripowerIts been really cold here in Michigan so I used up some energy polishing this grille.
QuoteI still wish I could find a plater to tackle this project. Everyone I talk too seems to think these are riveted together.  Not the case. All spot welds and a bunch of them.

What about Custom chrome in Grafton Ohio ?? Jon Wright is the contact / Owner ....

Bob..
:wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Don, I know everything has a price and a budget. I'm guessing that the chrome bill could break the budget. :)
TEAM SMART

348tripower

Quote from: "kb426"Don, I know everything has a price and a budget. I'm guessing that the chrome bill could break the budget. :)

:shock:
Don Colliau

purplepickup

Don, that grille is stainless isn't it? Have you thought about electropolishing? I'm not sure if it's ok on thin parts or not.  And if it has anything done to the surface like flash chrome or something it probably won't work either. It might be worth checking into tho.

Here's a pic of some of the stainless I had done at Kepco near Kalamazoo. It wasn't scary expensive...about $150 for these parts plus the firewall.
George

416Ford

Not sure if you had seen this one before or not. Just happened upon it while looking to see where there shop moved to.

1951 Plymouth Wagon
"Pete Santini, Boyd Coddington and Steve Stanford Collaboration"
http://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/3437/1951-plymouth-wagon

kb426

You know Don, that's a cool car done by some great people. I think I'm going to like yours more based on what you have done in the past. It's all personal taste but I like where your's is headed. Wow, Fast Eddie! I bet he got bored because it had an auto. :)
TEAM SMART