1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"WOW.. :!:   Really neat colors in the Fall Foliage  8)   Reds, Yellows , some Orange ...Very Nice ..  8)
 Oh ya .. The car looks neat too....  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
Thanks Bob :lol:
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "purplepickup"Man, you're doing really good Don. I've always been a wagon/van guy and yours hits all the right buttons.  :D
Thanks George!
Don Colliau

348tripower

Block sanding sucks. Spray it on, rub it off, repeat.

Don Colliau

kb426

Don, it takes me at least 3 times to get things straight. Are you able to do it in less repetitions?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "348tripower"Block sanding sucks. Spray it on, rub it off, repeat.

Would it be faster & easier if you "rolled it on"  :?:  :idea:  :lol:

Jus' tryin' to help...... :?

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Quote from: "kb426"Don, it takes me at least 3 times to get things straight. Are you able to do it in less repetitions?

I really don't know :shock:
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "348tripower"Block sanding sucks. Spray it on, rub it off, repeat.

Would it be faster & easier if you "rolled it on"  :?:  :idea:  :lol:

Jus' tryin' to help...... :?

Probably :lol:
Don Colliau

416Ford

Looking good Don. Does this mean you are done with the metal work and now its on to paint or are you still doing some mods/repairs to it?
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"Looking good Don. Does this mean you are done with the metal work and now its on to paint or are you still doing some mods/repairs to it?
All the exterior metal work is done. Console is still under construction.
Don Colliau

416Ford

Quote from: "348tripower"Console is still under construction.

Working on mine right now also. you using metal or wood to make it? Wood can be covered and metal can be painted... and scratched...
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "348tripower"Console is still under construction.

Working on mine right now also. you using metal or wood to make it? Wood can be covered and metal can be painted... and scratched...

Probably a combination of the two.
Don Colliau

416Ford

Not sure how you are coming along on the power windows but I had to go back to my buddies bone yard. The Lincoln SUV I grabbed this out of was a great option.
Track it simple two stud mount and two hole track for mounting window.

https://goo.gl/photos/hRrNK8DUHj7d1Z1r8

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"Not sure how you are coming along on the power windows but I had to go back to my buddies bone yard. The Lincoln SUV I grabbed this out of was a great option.
Track it simple two stud mount and two hole track for mounting window.

https://goo.gl/photos/hRrNK8DUHj7d1Z1r8

I have a friend in Pinckney who stops in often. He dropped off a pair of window units he bought and couldn't use in his car due to space constraints.
It took me all of an hour to bolt them into the wagon. Most of the time was spent drilling spot welds to remove the original stop brackets. I installed the switches in the console while the turkey was cooking yesterday. Anyway thanks for the info!
Don Colliau

348tripower

I have the mirrors mounted, the power window motors installed and I have been working on the console. Covering the console in  1/4 luaun so I can radius the edges for a softer look.

Don Colliau