The end

Started by enjenjo, July 10, 2010, 12:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

when I get on the computer and go to the internet this is the site that it goes to. I am logged on automatically. I have not posted on this thread because when I first read it I didnt want to believe it. I am far from computer savvy ,as you may note I have never posted a picture here as I do not know how.This is the first computer site I ever joined. The friendly banter ,interesting projects,helpful advice,and encouragement from others is what makes this site unique.I sometimes will not post an answer to a tech question because I feel someone has already handled it well.I will talk to my daughter about uploading some pictures of stuff I am working on to help with getting more posts.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"

politics have been allowed but if/when the debate has been exhausted the thread gets closed, as it should. most times we politely agree to disagree :wink:

later jim

I would disagree...  enjenjo closed the threads on his own thoughts that it was time to.  I felt they should stay open for a while.  

It is not my house rules though
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

Ah yes the 'house rules'.

On one forum I have posted a bit on the admin likened the forum to his living room and all the members were guests in his house, so folks had to abide by his rules like not putting their feet up on his coffee table.

Along with a few other pronouncements this didn't sit well with me and a few other folks posting there, so that was the impetus for me to create the goldmonkey.org forum.

I set it up with the idea that the place was more like a Bar where folks come in and do and say pretty much what they want as long as they don't destroy the place and I was just the bartender making sure the place stayed open and was available and I provided help as needed for folks who needed help, but I didn't 'run things' with any particular theme in mind. Purely a social gathering place and everyone was welcome to put their feet up on the coffee table.

Also I consider the forum to belong to the members in concept, especially since they all helped finance it, and let them have free reign on what they wanted to discuss or post about. I was just the facilitator.

Not sure if any of that might be applicable here or at all helpful.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "river1"

politics have been allowed but if/when the debate has been exhausted the thread gets closed, as it should. most times we politely agree to disagree :wink:

later jim

I would disagree...  enjenjo closed the threads on his own thoughts that it was time to.  I felt they should stay open for a while.  

It is not my house rules though

I closed the thread because someone broke a beer bottle, and I saw two guys with pool cues. :roll:  I get real nervous with political discussions, heck I can't discuss politic with my wife without fists flying, and frankly I am tired of getting hit. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rrumbler

I guess I am guilty as charged; I don't visit every day, and post even less - like someone else said, I just don't have much to say most of the time; most of my projects are in limbo for one reason or another.  I do enjoy following much of the stuff that goes on here, though, and have felt like many of you are, at the least, friendly acquaintances.  If the site gets closed, I'll certainly miss the knowledge and experience that so many of you have, and the camaraderie, but, as with most things, life will go on, and we will survive; if it is good for some of you, then so much the better.  If you are in Las Vegas, and feel like you would like to visit, I'll offer to buy you a Stromboli; copy my e-mail addy from my profile, and get in touch.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Carps

Quote from: "Crosley"I am not sure problem is the proper word for the situation here on the RRT.
Agree, so let's call it the challenge.

Quote from: "Tony"As an example :  some folks have responded that they visit the RRT site 'every day'  yet it took a few days to 1 week  for them  to respond in this thread.  :?
Nope don't look in every day, hellI don't even attend home every day.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   In fact I'll be gone from both here and there for at least the next week.   Late?  I'm plannin on being late for my own funeral!

Quote from: "Tony"...throne room is open for all subjects cept the CORN  word with a P in front  
WHAT!!!!   :shock:   You mean I can't take Popcorn into the Throne Room?   :cry:

Anybody know how to deal effectively with whiteants/termites?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "Rrumbler"I just don't have much to say most of the time;
Me too.   :D

Quote from: "Rrumbler"I'll offer to buy you a Stromboli;
Is that like some kind of exotic hooker?   :?

Methinks I'm about to learn yet another thing I didn't know thanx to the RRT.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

chopped

I'm logged on every day, I don't post much to hide my ignorance. But I don't mind looking dumb if It'll help keep the site up.

tomslik

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "Crosley"I am not sure problem is the proper word for the situation here on the RRT.
Agree, so let's call it the challenge.

Quote from: "Tony"As an example :  some folks have responded that they visit the RRT site 'every day'  yet it took a few days to 1 week  for them  to respond in this thread.  :?
Nope don't look in every day, hellI don't even attend home every day.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   In fact I'll be gone from both here and there for at least the next week.   Late?  I'm plannin on being late for my own funeral!

Quote from: "Tony"...throne room is open for all subjects cept the CORN  word with a P in front  
WHAT!!!!   :shock:   You mean I can't take Popcorn into the Throne Room?   :cry:

Anybody know how to deal effectively with whiteants/termites?

crackers ARE acceptable but only "Club with smoked oysters"....

can't help ya with the termites, never tried 'em on a cracker...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

rog

the only "corn with a p" i proscibe to is the automotive variety..
some of the customs & rods in existance are what i call "pure *"  :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Carps...  LOL

If you type the word * the site will put up ####  with spell checker for words.  I think it is silly.  How is the word P , oh  , r  , n gonna affect children and the elderly?   LOL ...... I also know the spell checker  here  can be set with various words

Enjenjo.  Re : polictics discussions.  You do not care for it, some folks thrive on debate and can keep it civil at any level.  Other folks fly off the handle like crazy ...  I seem to be in the middle of tolerance for political areas.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

I try to stay out of discussions of "P" word subjects. What little I know, there is always somebody to tell me I'm wrong  Unfortunately when someone twists a subject around to those discussions after a while I quit following that post. I was there to watch the original RRT come down and no more than I knew/know I was thinking that it was financial and the space wasted with that STUFF was wasting resources. On that RRT the only person that acted to help me with understanding the site was Fat Cat. When it came back around it was/is  Frank II & III so I really think they are allowing me to visit in their yard. I try to have the good sense to not make them mad while I'm there and I try to stay away from the flowers because I might trip and break something or get stung.  I may walk through another yard occasionally but I'm here 5,6, 7,... times a day. I announce that I'm around even if there's nobody home. If somebody's talking sometimes I just keep my mouth shut and listen. GPster

enjenjo

QuoteAnybody know how to deal effectively with whiteants/termites?

Embrace them. Feed them bits of wood, they will thrive.

QuoteIs that like some kind of exotic hooker?  

It's a pizza turned inside out

QuoteEnjenjo. Re : polictics discussions. You do not care for it, some folks thrive on debate and can keep it civil at any level. Other folks fly off the handle like crazy ... I seem to be in the middle of tolerance for political areas.

Make no mistake, I thrive on debate, I just went back and looked at the thread in question, and I stand by closing it. People seem to get too invested in politics.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

seadog

Of the three rodding forums that I regularly follow, the RRT has consistently been the most helpful when I posted a question.  It is also far and away the most courteous and polite.   I appreciate the effort it takes to keep something like this going.  Thanks, Frank for all you've done.  'Hope you will have a change of heart and keep RRT going, but if not best wishes and thanks again for the site.  
If/when it is shut down will there be any way to archive the tech section...it would be a shame to loose all that good info.

seadog

Quote from: "seadog"... 'Hope you will have a change of heart and keep RRT going, but if not best wishes and thanks again for the site.  
If/when it is shut down will there be any way to archive the tech section...it would be a shame to loose all that good info.

'Just went back and read ALL the posts.  I'm glad to see things are go for a while longer.  I, like a lot of others, visit and read the posts without logging in.  Don't want to waste bandwidth if I don't have something germaine to say.  I'll try to log in more often...got to keep that post count up.   :lol: