The end

Started by enjenjo, July 10, 2010, 12:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Glad to hear that the board will remain up, at least for the time being.
Who\'s yer Data?

slocrow

WOW! And here I thought it was a pitch for a Doors song. Glad you've reconsidered. I'm reminded of the quote about expecting different results from the same input being just nut's. What is going to be different around here that will attract and keep new members. I believe tech is limiting by nature and you need a social climate for on going banter to increase post count, the one thing you identified as needed to increase membership. I think the throne room was intended for that purpose but I personally seldom see it cause I fly by and with post count down it's becoming a faster on and off.
I don't know what to suggest as an attraction but from reading through the posts I'd say that the old guys need to attract the new younger members, somehow. Might I suggest a old story heading of "When I was there" or something like that so a younger crowd might be inclined to read your short story. I wouldn't have to be long. I'm just thinking out loud here but no doubt something has to change for better results, or else..............My thought's Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

Let me clear up something. I am not intending to shut it down at the end of the year. If we can fix our problems, I am ready to go on forever. If I am the problem, I am willing to step aside. If we need changes, let me know.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

n.c.rodder

Well if for nothing else........You definitly got everyones attention!!!!

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"If I am the problem, I am willing to step aside.
Talk to my daughter, she says I am the problem, so it's not you.

Quote from: "Enjenjo"If we need changes, let me know.
She says I need to grow up and act my age.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

unklian

Quote from: "enjenjo"
If I am the problem, ...

If that was the case, someone would have mentioned it.

mopar2dr

I too am among the group who does not post often. Although I do come here every day and read the posts, sometimes logging in to read the throne room. My focus has moved from the Street Rod and more centered on the newer Mustang GT. Yes, I have modified the car since buying it, after all I am a HOT RODDER. The car is just plain fun to drive, gets out of it's own way and handles like it is on rails. Still, this sight is value-added due to the ideas, opinions and fellowship. It seems no matter what we drive or build this board has become a sounding ground for like minded men and women. The world would seem a very empty place without it. Oh, I did start the old Dodge yesterday, and started to put the interior back together. Soon,maybe soon!
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

butch27

*! I'm going to miss all of the answers and knowledge I learn here. It's been great . Thanks Frank.

river1

Quote from: "mopar2dr"My focus has moved from the Street Rod and more centered on the newer Mustang GT. Yes, I have modified the car since buying it, after all I am a HOT RODDER. The car is just plain fun to drive, gets out of it's own way and handles like it is on rails.

so how about put what you did to it in another thread. i know i'd like to hear about it.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fuzzy

THANKS for sticking around,guys! I check this site every day,and would sure miss it,and I've met a bunch of great people.I don't post much simply because I'm not as knowledgable as others,but I sure have learned a lot from this site.Thanks,again and I'll see you at KaZoo.
Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

rog

Thanks Frank, this is the only american site i visit.. as this is my first post here ( joined a few months back, have lurked since then, just soaking in the atmosphere.. & there's lots of it! ) i thought it fitting to thank the moderator. as a "newbie" to both the forum & rodding ( i joined ozrodders 2 & 1/2 years ago, that's the only other site i belong to ) i can say that it is a little daunting to know where to post, not knowing a great deal of the technical side. on ozrodders we have a "off topic" pub section, which makes it easier for bantering conversation.. i just havent navigated this site enough yet to know what's what.( it took me months on ozrodders to know the various sections & what fits where.. but when i worked it out i pumped in 2000 posts in two years).

frank i enjoyed reading the capers of scooter & andrew on their american road trip, & the help you & others gave freely to them, & the help you give others all the time ( it may not reach back here all the time, but many mentions on ozrodders of the helping hands in america for various different things ).

being new to rodding & customising, i dont believe there is anything that i could add to most discussions apart from encouragement of a great job done.. so i probably will mostly be a lurker here, but i do like reading the articles! keep it up gents & ladies thanks from me here in australia.

Carps

Rog the lurker, yeah, sure!

Bet that idea doesn't last more than a few days.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

regarding a 'problem'

I am not sure problem is the proper word for the situation here on the RRT.  

As an example :  some folks have responded that they visit the RRT site 'every day'  yet it took a few days to 1 week  for them  to respond in this thread.  :?

Some folks have gone a different direction in their lives.  Several different forums here, throne room is open for all subjects cept the CORN  word with a P in front   (wink - wink) .... or politics

All forms of car stuff is welcomed here... 1880  to 2011 , gasoline to diesel to propane to electric.

I posted a thread with my electric  opener for my home sliding gate.  I received plenty of useful suggestions for testing and parts locating.  The gate opener works now and I have a few extra parts now too

Just thinking out loud
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rog

Quote from: "Carps"Rog the lurker, yeah, sure!

Bet that idea doesn't last more than a few days.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:wink:  hi pete, will do my best to add a few posts... once i work out where they go  :lol:  :lol:

p.s. how is the "t" word recieved here?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"All forms of car stuff is welcomed here... 1880  to 2011 , gasoline to diesel to propane to electric.

Just thinking out loud

dam i just got a 1879 rocket powered car.  i guess you don't want me here :lol:  :lol:

politics have been allowed but if/when the debate has been exhausted the thread gets closed, as it should. most times we politely agree to disagree :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.