The Boys, Andrew and Scooter, are here.........

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, October 13, 2009, 01:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

The boys are in Riverside, Ca. It only cost them 3 tires on the trailer but they are within sight of their destination.

enjenjo

Yes, we blew another tire in Seligman Az. They got us for about twice  list price for the tire, but we only lost an hours time. The engine in the van has picked up a low speed miss, seems to be ok under load. Other than that, piece of cake.

Cost 3.599 for fuel in Needles.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

Wednesday update

Today started a little slow, just miles and miles of driving, then we had a blow out on the trailer.

And this forced us to pull off the interstate and into the next town, which just happened to be a tourist trap for route 66 travelers, lucky us it was full of old cars.

:wink:

And some kool tourist stores

And I just have to wonder if they got the inspiration for a hollywood block buster from little towns like this :D  :D  :D

We saw a guy in a cool 66 chev convert and asked him where he was from, it turns out he was from Adelaide and just picked it up and was driving it to LA to put it on a ship home, what a novel idea

Well we drop the truck at the freight yard in the morning and head over to the air port and come on home, it's been a very different trip than we expected, but hey it's been great and yes we will do it again :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

Well, the truck is at the shipping point, the boys are on a jet plane, and I am in Vegas, on the way home. It's been an adventure.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, the truck is at the shipping point, the boys are on a jet plane, and I am in Vegas, on the way home. It's been an adventure.

well frank i think you just earned a but load of CARma with this one.

good on ya

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Rrumbler

Frank, I answered your PM about midnight last night.  Forget the "if you need me" bit, give me a call anyway; I'll sport ya' a dinner, or somesuch, and I'd much enjoy just sayin' "HEY!!".   River1 is right, you bagged a bunch of karma on this one.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

phat rat

So how did you guys like Seligman? It's  a real tour bus stop. I've been there when the had as many as six buses in there at once. Did you stay on the xway or run 66 over to Kingman? If you ran 66 did you also stop at Hackberry?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"So how did you guys like Seligman? It's  a real tour bus stop. I've been there when the had as many as six buses in there at once. Did you stay on the xway or run 66 over to Kingman? If you ran 66 did you also stop at Hackberry?

We stayed in the Xway. The boys like to dawdle, so by the time we hit AZ we could no longer afford the time to take the old road. As it was I had to go looking for them when the tire was fixed.

enjenjo

A little birdy told me they have made it home, but I still haven't. :roll:

I had lunch with Rrumbler today, very nice visit. Looks like I am leaving here, Las Vegas, sunday morning for the rest of the trip home.

Charlie Chops 1940

Drive careful and don't pick any strays....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

32coupe

I know it's a bit late but this our last day in the US, we got up early and headed for the freight yard to drop the truck off,

and found a gold mine of cars waiting to be exported.

After we unloaded the truck and re packed all out booty we headed for some lunch, and then Frank dropped us off at the airport.

It was an event full trip to say the least, but we just could not have done it without Frank, words cannot describe this guy, if you ever get the chance do yourself a favour and drop in to see him, they realy broke the mould with him, he is one of a kind. Thanks Frank.

This is the last we saw of Frank,and we both were wondering what he must be thinking as he drove away..................."thank christ I finally got rid of those Aussies"

But I will tell you one thing, a trip to the US is a must do on the bucket list, but there is no place like home :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

kb426

Great story. Good memories for all involved.
TEAM SMART

Brother Love

Enjenjo left Vegas about noon and is currently looking to stop just east of Albuquerque tonight(sunday).  Say a rodding prayer for him because I have yet to see him have an uneventful eastbound trip and would like this to be number one.
Beep boop bop, I am a robot

Brother Love

enjenjo

I'm in Moriarity NM and no drama yet. Gas mileage is about 9 mpg so far, about the same as the trip out.

Crosley.In.AZ

I hope the cruise control does not quit like the Buick car

9 mpg?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)