The Boys, Andrew and Scooter, are here.........

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, October 13, 2009, 01:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

Can you get a couple of Aussie girls to come over and stay with me? lol!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

32coupe

Quote from: "rumrumm"Can you get a couple of Aussie girls to come over and stay with me? lol!

Sure, after all we promised the wives we would bring them next time and Frank doesn't have enough room for all four of us :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

They left about 1/2 hour ago. After much drama. Yesterday we tried to start it up, no spark. :shock:  The MSD took a dump. Tried to order one from Summit, and with an Aussie credit card, they would not ship until monday. No one local had one, or the parts to fix the old one. We did get a new pickup coil. So with a new pickup, and a 4 pin HEI module, we made a setup that would work, fired right up. So we went up town for gas, and the fuel tank sprung a leak. :shock:  So we pulled the fuel tank out, soldered up the leak, and put it back in. So instead of leaving this morning as intended, they got out of here about 430 this afternoon.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wchappo

32coupe,hi pinky,if you get stuck for room,just leave the larger terrorist(holidaying party)at the nearest bus depot,(with a slab of course),i'm sure scooter won't mind after all it's only his panel,remember when pulled over for speeding etc(that should cover the rest)don't get out like we do over here or make any strange movements,hide the *,dont offer him or her one(cause they might want more)& be nice & call him or her officer not orriffcer (might think you are *& they could be right) cause some of them big ones :wink: get * off if you call them Madam,just a few helpful hints from your besttest buddy,Chappo :lol: :twisted:,by the way if you do get locked up,could you ask the nice officer,to post my stuff :shock:  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"They left about 1/2 hour ago. After much drama. Yesterday we tried to start it up, no spark. :shock:  The MSD took a dump. Tried to order one from Summit, and with an Aussie credit card, they would not ship until monday. No one local had one, or the parts to fix the old one. We did get a new pickup coil. So with a new pickup, and a 4 pin HEI module, we made a setup that would work, fired right up. So we went up town for gas, and the fuel tank sprung a leak. :shock:  So we pulled the fuel tank out, soldered up the leak, and put it back in. So instead of leaving this morning as intended, they got out of here about 430 this afternoon.

heck , that ain't   drama,  that is a PITA.

drama  would have been the ignition starting a fire from the fuel leak in the tank..  :shock:  :shock:

I hope the road trip goes wellfor them

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

32coupe

Update, update

In Carollin Kentucky, some * cut the end off the tail shaft yolk and it is too short to reach the bush in the extension housing, resulting in one hell of  a vibration, truck is in the shop parts arrive in the morning.

Looks like we will miss Bowling green, so we are heading for LA earlier instead.

Geez, I hope the rest of the trip is better :wink:

Still we met some realy nice folk at the cruise night in the car park at the trans shop :D  :D  :D
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

enjenjo

Just got a call from Andrew, they broke the driveline again after another 50 miles. I am headed out to pick them up with a trailer to get them to Long Beach. Updates as they happen.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Just got a call from Andrew, they broke the driveline again after another 50 miles. I am headed out to pick them up with a trailer to get them to Long Beach. Updates as they happen.
I hope you can come up with a computor for CHAT tonight so we all can see if we can help. That yoke looks to me like it was the of something bad starting to happen. I hoped because they mentioned trans shop that they'd be at a place that could predict problems. To try to put my mind at ease I Googled TH400 yoke and it wasn't very calming. I wish I could say "I wish you the best"  but it comes out I wish you guys better than you've had. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

almost looks like a lack of lube oil or something.  that huge amount of wear at the end is curious too

If the yoke was not in the trans enough that would cause problems.

Do they have a speed-O gears setup on the trans?  The speed-O gear slings lube oil around the yoke bushing
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"almost looks like a lack of lube oil or something.  that huge amount of wear at the end is curious too

If the yoke was not in the trans enough that would cause problems.

Do they have a speed-O gears setup on the trans?  The speed-O gear slings lube oil around the yoke bushing

Yes, they do. I suspect the driveshaft may be too short, so there is not full contact with the bushing.

GPster

I have heard of a difference in the length of yokes on the front of 9" pumpkins. The story came about with a Ford station wagon and when a passenger car pumpkin was put in the wagon the wagon's driveshaft was too short. Maybe trucks are the same and a driveshaft had been made for  the truck rear end and then the pumpkin was switched for better gears. Although that front yoke does look short compared to pictures on the net. Could it have been cut so it would go on twisted splines on the tranny's output shaft. Like you need more bother. GPster

38HAULR

Andrew and Scoots. Looks like you guys cannot take a trick with your ride, the upside is all the good folk you are getting to meet.
And the record of an adventure that many of us would love to experience.
Safe travelling.
.Frank.

kb426

Best wishes to everyone involved. I hope there's an easy fix. Looks tough to me. Especially after twice. Aren't hot rods fun.
TEAM SMART

ram-rod

good luck guys hope it all turns out good

Denise's fridge will never be the same again    

thanks enjenjo  (international rescue)
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)