The Boys, Andrew and Scooter, are here.........

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, October 13, 2009, 01:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

TEAM SMART

Danimal

If you've got spare AD fenders...I know a few places to put them!

Court got to see that fire, he was there for FFA Nat'ls in Indy and it took them 1 1/2 hours to go the 10 minutes from their hotel to the convention.

Glad to hear you made it back.

Rrumbler

Glad to hear that, Frank.  Take a rest; I think you've earned one.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

5025 miles

10 days

92 hours on the road

65 construction zones, longest 27 miles.

$1700 in gas. Low price 2.399, Piqua Oh, high price 3.599 Needles Ca. Average price 2.549

3 tires, one with a nail, two tread seperation.

Police stops, one, AZ, warning for a light out on trailer, only it wasn't :roll:

Oil used, 2 quarts

Miles in rain, 800.

Miles driven in second gear, about 1000. Overdrive was shut off most of the time.

Wrecks witnessed, one, LA, idiot into a water barrier trying to gain one car length.

Longest traffic jam, 36 miles, LA, I10, 3 1/2 hours.

Average speed, 54 MPH

MPG, 8.7

Road trip with a couple buddies, PRICELESS!

Would I do it again, yes, but lets wait a couple weeks.

Danimal

Wow, with all the free time in the traffic jam you must have gotten a lot of needle point done.

So what did the AZ cop do when he saw the light WASN'T out? Ask to search you for drugs and guns?

I got stopped for one of those lights out things in FL and they asked to search my car. Turns out I was in a drug running area and they saw the no front plate so knew I was from out of town. I wondered how he noticed my license plate light out from the front...after a fight and an offer to wait until he got a warrant, we let him dig through our dirty clothes! Yuck.

GPster

Quote from: "Danimal"Wow, with all the free time in the traffic jam you must have gotten a lot of needle point done.So what did the AZ cop do when he saw the light WASN'T out? Ask to search you for drugs and guns
In a state that borders on Mexico with a panel truck being hauled on a trailer that was being pulled by a closed van I would imagine that they might be looking for something (somebody?) else. GPster

enjenjo

QuoteSo what did the AZ cop do when he saw the light WASN'T out? Ask to search you for drugs and guns?

No, he just gave me a warning for a cracked marker light lens. :roll: I put a piece of tape over the crack, and kept going.

kb426

Did the guys provide interesting conversation? There's room for you to be more knowledgeable about Aussies after making a cross country journey.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Did the guys provide interesting conversation? There's room for you to be more knowledgeable about Aussies after making a cross country journey.

We had quite a discussion on the trip. We all learned a lot about the other.

32coupe

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"Did the guys provide interesting conversation? There's room for you to be more knowledgeable about Aussies after making a cross country journey.

We had quite a discussion on the trip. We all learned a lot about the other.

Yeah, like Frank's facination for getting naked :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Oh, and he has a pretty good sence of humour for a yank :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

kb426

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't need to hear about any nekkidness. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Danimal

I bet he gives Britany Spears a run for her money. Or maybe a brittany spaniel will run from him. I forget.

reborn55

sounds like a great trip--glad you enjoyed--should write it all down and do a novel of the type of Jack Kerouac.  Really enjoyed

enjenjo

While we were in Long Beach Ca., we stopped for lunch at a family restaurant. They served beer , so both the Aussies ordered a Corona.  Later, the waitress asked if they needed anything else, and they both said "yes, another beer". She said they only had one left.  :shock:  I told her "Now you've done it, it an Aussie tradition that when two blokes want one beer, they have to fight to the death for it". "Naked". In the meantime, Scooter is polishing his steak knife, and 32Coupe is unbuttoning his shirt. :shock:  She said she thought she could find another beer, and left the table.

I did leave a good tip. :roll: