RRT project

Started by enjenjo, January 10, 2009, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unklian

unklian

unklian

enjenjo

I like that a lot. kind of what I have in mind, but not that long.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"I like that a lot. kind of what I have in mind, but not that long.

that's what she said :D
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

unklian

Quote from: "enjenjo"I like that a lot. kind of what I have in mind, but not that long.

I suspect the wheelbase reflects the
anticipated speeds, and matching budget. :D

Those pics are over a year old.
It would be cool to see any progress.

enjenjo

The tread width measurements we  were talking about are measured from the center of one tire, to the center of the other tire. The ones you mentioned apply only to the Vintage class, and only running fenderless.

unklian

When the rules are explained, some of them make sense.

But they are not written that way.   :roll:

Fat Cat

Boy it would seem that this project is going to die before it had a chance to take off.

tomslik

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Boy it would seem that this project is going to die before it had a chance to take off.

i haven't quite figured out WHAT the plan is :shock:
a bonneville car and a drag car are too far apart to do either well :?

even at that, i'm getting deeper and deeper(money-wise)in this stocker project of my own.
rambler stuff ain't cheap (if you can find it)...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

What the plan is, is a well done drag car. One that would be possible to put on the salt. It would need to be rebuilt to do that though.

This will be a car that can be run by a small group, supplying their own power, in our chassis.

As it stands right now, we don't have enough participation to make a go of this. I am waiting until the end of the month, and if it stays as it is, I will return the funds, and donated parts, and come up with another idea for a RRT project.

I get the feeling that some are feeling excluded from this, and if you are, I am sorry for that. It was never the intension to exclude any one.

tomslik

Quote from: "enjenjo"What the plan is, is a well done drag car. One that would be possible to put on the salt. It would need to be rebuilt to do that though.

This will be a car that can be run by a small group, supplying their own power, in our chassis.

As it stands right now, we don't have enough participation to make a go of this. I am waiting until the end of the month, and if it stays as it is, I will return the funds, and donated parts, and come up with another idea for a RRT project.

I get the feeling that some are feeling excluded from this, and if you are, I am sorry for that. It was never the intension to exclude any one.

hold on big feller!
i don't feel excluded, it just doesn't seem too practical to ship that sucker to me and wait until I get around to working on it.

just a logistics thing, i seem to be the only one in colorado besides midnight son and i THINK he's over on the western slope, like grand junction (closer to sumner)

i don't think anybody wants you holding the bag on what you've spent on the crosley (not the bald one from AZ)

i'm just not sure what i can contribute BUT i'm sure there'll be something...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "enjenjo"What the plan is, is a well done drag car. One that would be possible to put on the salt. It would need to be rebuilt to do that though.

hold on big feller!
i don't feel excluded, it just doesn't seem too practical to ship that sucker to me and wait until I get around to working on it.

just a logistics thing, i seem to be the only one in colorado besides midnight son and i THINK he's over on the western slope, like grand junction (closer to sumner)

i don't think anybody wants you holding the bag on what you've spent on the crosley (not the bald one from AZ)

i'm just not sure what i can contribute BUT i'm sure there'll be something...

Didn't mean you. I am not upset with any one. I realise what the money situation is for most of us now days. don't worry about me getting stuck with this, I can get my money out of it.

Crosley.In.AZ

I figured the project would be 2 years long at least.

The way I seee this project happening is the east coast guys ( Ohio , Michigan)  will be into the car for the large part of  labor.... it seems that way since Frank and Frank are starters of the project , found a body , etc.

Moving the car around the USA for construction could prove difficult and costly.

Money is tight and the economy will not recover much in 2009 ( my opinion).. my work place is doing OK right now , not sure if that will hold.

At 50 bucks a share it will take many shares to buy the needed materials and parts to construct the car.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

You are in the same time frame I am Tony. After going to Cobo today, and talking to some racer buddies, I am recharged some today. We will see where this goes.