Just got home from the hospital its 11:45..

Started by Dave, June 03, 2007, 12:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk"If i could find someone needing quick cash id buy one. I just need the real good deal so i can sell it when mine is done.
Dave
I have a friend in Indiana with a 2004 Super Glide for sale. I believe the asking price was (big WAS) $11,200.00. It has 7,800 miles on it. He supposedly bought it for a friend and the friend backed out. It's fuel injected and is supposed to have a lot of dealer installed performance. My friend says it runs good and I'd have to take his word for it. He rides a dresser with a BIG S+S motor in it that is capable of pulling the wheel on a roll. I made a pass at Deb with it but Rob wanted a road king. GPster

Is there any pics of this bike Joe? Phone number name????? real bottom dollar  price???
Dave

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"buy another bike whilke your unit is broken... then sell the fixed bike.

Honda released the 2008 Goldwings this week... I need to buy one.

:shock:   back in the saddle soon.....

no shock here.... :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"buy another bike whilke your unit is broken... then sell the fixed bike.

You gonna go abs and airbag???
Dave

1940Bowtie

Glad to hear you are both ok.  Bikers haven't been so lucky here lately. A coworker of mine lost her husband last week...  no one saw what happened, they still haven't figured it out. No skid marks from the Harley, looks like it drove straight through the curve and into the trees.  Then yesterday a kid on a rice rocket went through a light and plowed into a utility truck.  As much as like the bikes, I'll stick to having four on the ground.  Anyway, just good to hear that you both made it back.

48builder

Jeez. Glad to hear you both are OK. That's the reason I gave my bike up almost 30 years ago. Sure would like to have another one, though.

Good luck with your recovery!

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

donsrods

Bikes are fantastic, but they scare me to death.  I owned one years ago but decided to sell it the day I was driving across a rain slicked bridge (the kind they used to have with steel open grating) and this big ole Buick is inches off my taillight.  If I would have laid it down, he would have had no chance of stopping before he ran over me.

I kept seeing instance after instance of cars either not seeing you or caring. I also see bike riders who bring it on themselves, especially the rice rocket guys who think the road is their personal road race course.  They just arrested a guy here for going 136 MPH in a residential area.  We have lots of old people and kids here who wouldn't stand a chance if they got in front of that idiot.

Don

Dave

Well Don im kinda questioning my sanity right now as i sit here and my elbow is throbbing like hell. I didnt miss any work this week because of obligations but man id have liked to.. Im * about the whole deal but sue keeps telling me to forget it cause it was an accident. I still or should I say we still plan on riding. I just hope i dont have to go back to the doctor next week about my elbow but in thinking the fact they are puncture wounds and they couldnt stich em because of that doesnt hepl the pain factor..
Dave :wink:

donsrods

I hope you heal quickly Dave.  I've thought about you and Sue wrecking a few times, and someone was really looking out for you that night.  Could have been so much worse.

BTW, did anyone see "Pinks" the other night when Rich jumped on that pocket rocket bike to head down track and he got out of shape and laid it down?   He bit the pavement big time, and you could tell he was super embarassed by doing it in front of all the people there and those watching on TV.  The sparks were really flying when he crashed.  :shock:  :shock:

Don

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jusjunk"

You gonna go abs and airbag???
Dave

going to buy the bike with ABS ...  seems like a good idea.

Several fellows that have panic stopped the 1800 in traffic situations say the ABS works great

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"Well Don im kinda questioning my sanity right now as i sit here and my elbow is throbbing like hell. I didnt miss any work this week because of obligations but man id have liked to.. Im * about the whole deal but sue keeps telling me to forget it cause it was an accident. I still or should I say we still plan on riding. I just hope i dont have to go back to the doctor next week about my elbow but in thinking the fact they are puncture wounds and they couldnt stich em because of that doesnt hepl the pain factor..

I quit riding when I moved down here in `99. I saw the old folks driving with their blinders on and the other half engulfed in some form of road rage or another, so I said no way. I've seen a couple of sprawls around town and it wasn't pretty.

They did the same thing with the legs wounds I got overseas a couple of years ago. I asked the medic if they were going to stitch it, and he said just on the inside. They let the outside open for seepage; something about not closing it up because of foreign particles they might have missed. Vance could probably explain it better. I know they do that with dog bites; they just let the wound heal itself and give you antibiotics.

That shoulder that got all bruised up - that wasn't your drinking arm, was it... :?:  :wink:  :D
How is Sue holding up? Does she still have her *$ in a sling... :?:  :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Well Don im kinda questioning my sanity right now as i sit here and my elbow is throbbing like hell. I didnt miss any work this week because of obligations but man id have liked to.. Im * about the whole deal but sue keeps telling me to forget it cause it was an accident. I still or should I say we still plan on riding. I just hope i dont have to go back to the doctor next week about my elbow but in thinking the fact they are puncture wounds and they couldnt stich em because of that doesnt hepl the pain factor..

I quit riding when I moved down here in `99. I saw the old folks driving with their blinders on and the other half engulfed in some form of road rage or another, so I said no way. I've seen a couple of sprawls around town and it wasn't pretty.

They did the same thing with the legs wounds I got overseas a couple of years ago. I asked the medic if they were going to stitch it, and he said just on the inside. They let the outside open for seepage; something about not closing it up because of foreign particles they might have missed. Vance could probably explain it better. I know they do that with dog bites; they just let the wound heal itself and give you antibiotics.

That shoulder that got all bruised up - that wasn't your drinking arm, was it... :?:  :wink:  :D
How is Sue holding up? Does she still have her *$ in a sling... :?:  :wink:  :D

Ya that is my drinking arm but ya know what :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  I was born left handed and mom wanted me and my brother to be identical so they changed me to right. I used to be able to write with either hand and prolly still could if i tried. So i can drink with either also.
Sue is fine.
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

I too just caught wind of this.  Sorry to hear about what happened Dave.  I'm so glad Sue, and you of course, are ok.

As far as your glasses, they are covered under your homeowners insurance policy, along with any cothing, helmets, etc that got damaged and need replacing.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I too just caught wind of this.  Sorry to hear about what happened Dave.  I'm so glad Sue, and you of course, are ok.

As far as your glasses, they are covered under your homeowners insurance policy, along with any cothing, helmets, etc that got damaged and need replacing.

Well the helmets and stuff are covered thru the bike insurance Denise and ive got 500 deductable on the home owners(just changed that last month) so Ill have to eat the loss myself.  :cry:
Dave
ps: thanks were gonna be ok..

GPster

Is the cycle going to get well or is it going to the Morge? GPster

Rayvyn

Quote from: "GPster"Is the cycle going to get well or is it going to the Morge? GPster

I think the Insurance company is trying to decide if they should send the bike to the Dr. and Dave to Maaco... :lol:  )bye(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...