Just got home from the hospital its 11:45..

Started by Dave, June 03, 2007, 12:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ive got some neighbors next to me. they were pretty upset when they found out i was ok.. Oh well onward and upward..
Dave :wink:
:wink:  :)

enjenjo

QuoteWhen my buddy picked it up him and the cop just layed it down and hauled it that way

I'd have just threw a chain on it, and drug it home. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteWhen my buddy picked it up him and the cop just layed it down and hauled it that way

I'd have just threw a chain on it, and drug it home. :shock:

no need to treat a Harlee like that.....

dave mayb...... :arrow:  :lol:  :!:  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

Holy Cow!!!  Glad you got off without too much damage to yourself and your other half.  

I have been down a couple of times, myself.  First time was just after a rain, and a friendly diagonal railroad track helped - after that, I never rode any farther than the nearest shelter, if it got wet.

Hope you both get better sooner.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Charlie Chops 1940

Glad you and Sue are gonna survive! What are you gonna do for your next encore, anyway?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

58 Yeoman

Geez, Dave, are those all the cuts and scrapes you got?  Was the bike parked, then you fell off?   :shock:
(Just kiddin' ya).
Could've been a lot worse, but I'll bet it still hurts.  I got hit in the early 70's and went flying about 25 feet, according to the leo.  No helmet, but heavy road rash on the outside of my leg, but it didn't tear the jeans; the nurse had to cut the pants leg.

Like I said before, time to take it easy for a while.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

The ticket is just a way of following up the call. On a major road and with the highway patrol they are just trying to show that they responded. When I had mine accident I think it was the sheriff that responded and they got ahold of the squad and probably figured I was so close to dead that there would be no one alive to appear in court. You're lucky there was a nurse there and that the bike was too hurt to run. I didn't think I was hurt because my bike wasn't hurt and I was hard headed enough to get back on it. Bleeding internally from a ruptured spleen throws off your balance but nothing that 13 units of blood and 2 1/2 months in a coma won't make you re-consider. Your insurance company will probably want a report on the accident and the ticket will serve that purpose and also is a legal statement that you weren't drunk or high and transporting drugs (please don't take that as a supposition on my part ,but the law is trained to make those kind of observations and the insurance company is trained to look for reasons for blame). Now you'll have more time to work on that roadster. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Glad you and Sue are gonna survive! What are you gonna do for your next encore, anyway?

Charlie

Been thinking about that Charlie and when Sue and I head to the doctor today (er wants me to see my doc pronto) Ill ask her if she is interested in sky diving school..
Dave

Charlie Chops 1940

And, I suppose you would be a proponent of the parachute-less school of skydiving?

I never saw any real advantage for jumping out of a perfectly good airplane anyway.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Charlie I bought a parachute at a yard sale once and after i got the dam thing home i realized it was a polish model that opens on impact  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"

I never saw any real advantage for jumping out of a perfectly good airplane anyway.

Charlie

Me neither, until the instructor put his size 12 boot up my *** and shoved me out the door. I tried explaining it to him but he wouldn't listen.
After a few go rounds of that I switched to rapelling out of Hueys. The fall isn't quite as far...
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

oldbobsign

Whoa - nasty!  I'm really glad you two walked away from that, it could have been so much worse.  See, you really are lucky. :)

Dave

Quote from: "oldbobsign"Whoa - nasty!  I'm really glad you two walked away from that, it could have been so much worse.  See, you really are lucky. :)

Were good Larry although we both ache and im pretty wore out. I need a nap  :lol:  I didnt care about me at all I was worried about Sue. I cant replace her..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

n.c.rodder

Wow, I was up across this weekend & just now checking in - Glad to hear your both ok :shock:

You have got to be the most Un-lucky'est SOB I know

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

48ford

WoW, you two are very lucky!
I can't even hode a scooter up anymore so We got a trike(you get a false sence of security.) think I will get my helmet back out.
Russ&Irene