Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "jaybee"Leaving in about 5 minutes for the IRL race in Newton.  I'll be there all day all 3 days.  Watch for me on Sunday, I'll stand up as they come to green so I'm easy to see.  ;)

Sweeeet .. Have fun.. Ill be out to knoxville for the nats in august and they are running the usac champ cars at newton on sunday so we extended our stay one more night. The youngest and I decided as long as we were gonna be in town we couldnt miss the show on sunday  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I dont know what im doing this weekend. My buddy and I are gonna try the local dirt track tomorrow night and we want to take the new popup and try it out but they are calling for rain again  :twisted: . We just cant win this summer for racing i guess. I dont have anything planned as far as working on the roadster but im sure i could find something if i get bored..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Grandadeo

Quote from: "Carps"Queen Lizzie had a birthday so we got an extra day off last weekend to help her celebrate.

So we drove up the coast to the Aussie Riviera and had a winter rod run.

Here's a few pics in no particular order.

Very impressive bunch of Hot Rods.  Looked like a great time.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

phat rat

Quote from: "Danimal"As for this weekend, I'm baling hay. Anyone that wants to join in is welcome to do so! Start tonight, most likely.

Thanks, the offer is nice but I'll pass. LOL  I did that for 16 yrs and walked away from it 20 yrs ago.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

I've bucked a few bales too. One place I did for years was on a river bank, each bale had it's own snake. :shock:  Only about half of them were dead, the rest were *.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I did that as a teenager. I really have better things to do.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Baling.... from the age of 9 till early teens. Used to go to my uncles farm with my brothers to help bale. 6 cousins ,5yr age spread from youngest to oldest,nothing but heat ,sweat and a lot of fun.We used to build sleds to ride in behind the bale wagon. After each stack was finished we always seemed to line up across the top and see who could pee farther. No computer ,no cable ,no video games just a bunch of boys with imagination.

Dave

Quote from: "chimp koose"After each stack was finished we always seemed to line up across the top and see who could pee farther.

We did it for accuracy . :!:
Dave

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "chimp koose"After each stack was finished we always seemed to line up across the top and see who could pee farther.

Dave

And now your lucky to hit your own shoe correct? :lol:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Danimal

Quote from: "Bugpac"
Quote from: "jusjunk"

Dave

And now your lucky to hit your own shoe correct? :lol:

I've seen his shoe. VERY accurate. But I suspect the only place it can go is right down the leg and into the shoe...squish, step, squish, step, squish...

200 bales down, or I should say UP in the hayloft. about 4 more acres to go. Didn't want to get too wound up because I usually end up busting something on the baler so I only raked about 1 1/2 acres at noon and baled from 3-7. Ran the elevator from 7-9:30. Sweat from 11 am to 11 pm. Took a shower but the salt in my eyes still burns. How can you have anything left to pee after this much sweat!?!

phat rat

I'll bet the hay loft was hotter than the devil! Alaways thought the cuttin and balin was easy compared to the haulin and working in the loft. Unless you bale loose or small  200 bales for an acre and a half sounds like you have a pretty good hay field that got a fair amount of rain. Hope you get the rest done before it gets rained on.

Danimal

They are not the tightest bales but it is a great field. Best in the neighborhood. I can't take credit for the planting. A tight bale would still put me close to 85 per acre, I think. I'll tell more later, I tightened up 4 turns! They'll get heavy just about the time the boys want to stop throwing them!

Alfalfa is through the roof, though. Some of the 'stems' were 3' long. We got too much rain. We baled at probably 75-85% bloom rather than the 10-20% that we would have due to the rain.

Loft wasn't too bad, we didn't put it up until after we were done. We just dropped the bales because we were shooting for having a good running baler. Used the flat bed trailer to stack a hundred bales on and back it right up to the elevator.

Got rain last night but not much. Should dry enough in the sun today with the breeze in order to bale another 2-300 this afternoon.

My neighbor that I went to high school with is a welder and we just spent 2 hours welding up a couple of joints in the beams I use for my hay loft. Made a world of difference. We'll clean the loft and get busy. It's just Edie, the 2 boys and I so we'll do what we can. Last year we got 3 cuttings so I'm hoping to do so again this year.

Punkabilly1306 helped last year but we got more * about broken equipment than anything else. This year I bought a 'new' tractor (1979 MF265) and have been working the bugs out of everything else. Need to blast a rim on the hay rake because it keeps eating tubes from the rust but Court was fast on his feet and pulled the front tire off of his old lawn mower and we got the rake going with 3 1" spacers and a lock washer! We can work on the rim after hay is done.

Baling hay is like having windshield wipers. You only know if the equipment is good when it rains!

Bugpac

You better get bailing, its raining in the middle of the state as we speak.... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Danimal

Quote from: "Bugpac"You better get bailing, its raining in the middle of the state as we speak.... :D

Didn't make it. Got 1.3" of rain. Looks like I'm out 28 rows at about 20-22 bales per row. Got to get it off now so second cut can grow!

phat rat

Quote from: "Danimal"
Quote from: "Bugpac"You better get bailing, its raining in the middle of the state as we speak.... :D

Didn't make it. Got 1.3" of rain. Looks like I'm out 28 rows at about 20-22 bales per row. Got to get it off now so second cut can grow!

Been there done that more than once. Don't know if it'll help, but one way that makes it easy to pick up is. Take the twine out of the needles so you don't tie the bales and go run the hay through the baler. The flakes re a lot easier to pick up than loose hay.

jaybee

Dave, look me up for the USAC race in Newton, I'll be there too.  They put on a great show last year.  Can't make the Nats though I'd love to.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)